• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,547 - $22,124.

10/7.9

7.1

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.0/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

2013 Ford Escape SE Great car for the price

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Turbo Boost, New Body style"

Cons: "Poor Ride, Poor design of tailgate, Poor lighting"

"I have driven my SE for 1500 miles at this first review. Pro Body Styling great Dash board cool looking Gas Mileage as expected 28 - 32 Highway have not only driven it in town yet, and don't expect t much. Easy access and you sit up higher then a car. Turbo allows this 4 CY to act like a 6 CY when required. Con Ride is fair minus when I am not driving and try to keep my head on the head rest, my head bounces all the time during highway driving. Read tailgate allows dirt to blow under it so that when you open the gate, there is always dirt on the shelf below the tailgate. Poor design Plastic wheel covers (Come On - Ford - That is Cheap) No directionals on outside mirrors - that should be standard for an SUV. Diming mirrors (inside and out) should be standard. Seats are hard but yet after sitting all day you don't care. Poor Lighting inside - you need an additional light in the rear by the tailgate and a light should be on the outside mirrors when you get out at night.Rp"

Style is great, 7+ recalls not so great

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "great service dept, sales staff no so great"

Cons: "frontseats 2narrow, like the witht of older Escape"

"The EPS system is awful, car drifts esp in cross winds, and slightly (2 lbs) lower tire pressure on one side effects driving and car drifts, 1.6L is underpowered and dangerous when passing speed is needed and it's slow to react. AC has stopped working twice, fan runs but no air, dealership unable to find problem, have to stop car for at least 5 min and then it resets and works again. Rough ride and still wind noise inside"

Best small SUV for the price.

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "2.0 engine, leather seats, reliability"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Test drove the CRV, Mazda 5, RAV, Sorrento, Forester. Nothing in the small SUV class will out haul or out power the marvelous 2.0 engine. I have zero brand loyalty, as a matter of fact this is the first Ford I have ever owned. Workmanship and quality, is first rate, with every possible bell and whistle option you could possibly desire and I desired them all including towing package. Every option works marvelously well. Handles better than some so called sports cars, but the ride is not harsh by any means. Cabin is quite and very comfortable on long drives. Sony stereo, Navigation, Blue tooth, Sync, works as advertised and takes minutes to understand and use. Reliability has been bullet proof thus far. Very satisfied and highly recommend. Ford has converted me into a true believer."

Does everything I need it to and some!

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"I always get compliments on how the vehicle looks. It handles turns and rough roads with no problems. The vehicle runs great towing a trailer. The engine has some kick to it and the turbo lag is hardly noticeable. The interior is great, although I wish it had somewhere to hold coins. It sounds good when driving I am getting 21.9 mpg with all city driving. Definitely a Vehicle I would recommend."

I love this vehicle

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "mileage, 4WD, size"

"The 4 WD is great in the desert where I live. the vehicle has got plenty of room for me (6'2") and enough room in back for a trip to the lumber yard. I really enjoy the automatic tail gate. Ride is good and gas mileage is good (25 mpg overall average)"