• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,791 - $22,316.

10/7.9

6.9

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

6.9/10
    7.1/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

the car is an all around disappointment

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "its good to get out of"

Cons: "car is an all aruond disapointment"

"I've owned 4 new fords since 2005, won't buy another one !"

Disastrous Quality and Poor Performance

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Nice Stereo"

Cons: "Extremely Poor Quality, MPG, Value and Safety"

"Our 2013 Escape has had 7 recalls in the first year. We had an incident where all of the wiring burned out of the vehicle, requiring everything to be replaced, car still smells like burnt plastic. The Synch system works about 50% of the time and the GPS takes about 15 mins to start working. We've had a few different plastic pieces in the interior break off from normal use. Gas mileage is poor for a 4 cylinder at 21 mpg. We looked at trading the vehicle in to get rid of it, but its value has plummeted so low that we will be stuck with it for a while."

Nice design-fun to drive, but many problems.

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Looks and fun to drive"

Cons: "Mechanically a flop with nothing but problems."

"I have owned two 2013 Escapes. The first one was the Titanium Sport Utility two wheel drive with the 1.6 engine engine. After being recalled and forced to park it, traded it in for the 2.0 engine. Requested that Ford help with this financially, since my first Escape was recalled after I had owned it for only 2 weeks. Ford refused. Second Escape is being traded off today after it quit on the highway with a warning to have engine serviced now. Ford service could not find any thing wrong. This vehicle at least three times, has made a very loud clunking sound and jerked driving on the highway as if AWD was either kicking in or out. Sync system is terrible to work with. As I summarized, this vehicle is fun to drive and look at, but mechanically, it was put on the road by Ford without being fully tested on the road."

Do not drive at night

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, handling, styling, comfort."

Cons: "Undiming dash lights and Ford's callous attitude."

"I have a '14 Ford Escape SE with blinding dash lights. According to Ford technicians, they are suppose to automatically dim in conjunction with the ambient light. For example, if it is daytime and full sun, the dash lights are full bright. Then as it gets toward dusk, the lights dim somewhat. At full night, the dash lights dim more to avoid bright lights in one's eyes. An analogy to this would be like driving at night and an oncoming car has its lights on bright beam. Then as a courtesy, the person dims the lights to the low beam. This is why I am taking Ford to task for designing a car that will not dim its dash lights as specified. I have talked to a Ford representative and that person said, "nothing is perfect, deal with it". To translate, I feel this means, we don't know how to fix it or care, and you are stuck. I would think Ford would like to have repeat costomers, but that bridge is burned and there will be no further purchase, ever. I have taken my car into the shop for a correction of this problem. They are trying to sweep me under the rug just so I will go away. Finally, they checked their lot and all the '14 Escapes have this same problem. So, a redesign of the software or hardware needs to be made and a recall/advisory made. I do not know if this will affect me as I may not have the car by then. I do not tolerate broken, non working equipment. On the positive side, the car does get good gas mileage, handles well, and looks good. Why would Ford let such a minor item ruin a car such as this?"

Fine in the snow and bested a deer

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Safe, handles well, comfortable"

Cons: "Not big ones"

"I absolutely love my escape. For those complaining about mileage, they really need to check how they drive because I avg 25 mpg just like I'm supposed to. I get 28-30 Hwy and 22-24 city. Extremely safe car! I hit a deer after owning it for six months. My friend and I walked away without any injuries and the side airbags did deploy (no marks from the seat belt, no whip lash, nothing). The car immediately killed the engine, turned on my hazards, and called 911 in the right county. Got it fixed up, good as new at the body shop. I've also never had problems with the snow. This winter has been terrible, but my car has handled it like a champ. Not as great as a 4x4 truck, but great for what it is. Only complaints are that the center console is super deep, the miles to empty warning is often off by quite a few miles (more than the usual vehicle), and it takes a few seconds for the vroom to kick in when I floor it (I have the 1.6L)."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25