2012 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 600 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

pleasantly surprised!!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "great price, easy on the wallet"

Cons: "NONE!"

"This little suv is amazing! I was looking for a vehicle that gets great mileage and runs flex fuel. I was nervous at first because I was told flex fuel vehicles have an annoying engine noise. I have noticed absolutely NO noise. The seats are comfortable, the sync system is convenient. This suv is not 4*4, BUT it can handle its own. No mechanical issues at all. So here's the big one! I came around a corner and a teenager was coming out of an alley, texting... I was able to make a quick steering adjustment, he missed my passenger side and barely clipped my bumper. The ONLY damage that the escape ended up with was a broken tail light and a scuff mark on the bumper! I did have to dealer order the part, but the price wasn't too hard on the wallet. Thank goodness for the steering, or he would've done more damage. This one still believes in, "BUILT FORD TOUGH!""

Better than expected

By on Sunday, April 5, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle based on economic logic. To my surprise, I really like the car. It drives very comfortably and has plenty of space. The gas mileage really can be 34 mph and even higher, depending on how you drive: slow city driving, bumper to bumper jams and rolling through foothills you can easily get 40 mpg. Unfortuantely, I am a freeway driver and always in a hurry. I tend to get about 27 - 28 mpg with my driving habits. My first impression is that is was made for a man -- everything is flat and hard, not curvey or soft. The seat was uncomfortable at first. I don't know if it molded to my body or if I just got used to it. But, after 7,000 miles I don't notice it any more. It has plenty of power for my needs -- typical mom stuff. Very quiet when in electric mode, a bit noisy when using gas but not as noisey as a typical truck. I love the Sync -- it makes so much sense and is easy to set up & use. I just tell my car to call home and talk like my family is in the car with me. Sync my iPod, plug in my laptop, etc. Very techno friendly. I have been a toyota driver for 30 years and really wanted a Lexus Hybrid, but could not justify the cost to mileage ratio. I was very reluctant to switch to Ford but now I am glad I gave it a chance."

2008 not the best year for the Ford Escape.

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

"2008 was not the best year for the Ford Escape. Early on had trouble with the transmission fluid cooler. Water pump went out early. The heating and cooling system is difficult to adjust. The glove box is a little small. The gas mileage is not bad for a V-6, can get 23-25 highway if I hold the speed to 65 or less and the road is not too hilly. Do like that V-6, gives plenty of pep and is really holding up well after 120,000 miles. Like driving it and hope to keep it to 200,000."

Love the vehicle!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"We got this vehicle as we needed something that was not as gas consuming as the vehicle we had previously. This vehicle is great on gas mileage and my husband, who is quite tall, fits in the vehicle well and is comfortable when he drives around and doesn't hurt when he gets out of the vehicle after long trips."

Exceeded Expectations!

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Have sold Fords in the past and had a 10 yr old pickup I needed to upgrade. Having no need for another truck at this time we felt we wanted an SUV and drove several from different manufacturers. We were concerned with safety, driveability and especially fuel economy. We found the Escape far and above the best value out there and took it on a 5,000 mile honeymoon trip and loved it! Fuel economy was great, we averaged almost 28 mpg on several tanks of gas! Handling and ride were both impressive. We couldn't be happier with our limited and love every feature on this vehicle! Would recommend it wholeheartedly! PS: We really love the way cargo area can be modified and can actually sleep in it when rear seats are removed, which is quick and easy!"

Good driving car.

By on Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Pros: "nice ride. easy to get into and out."

"I've enjoyed owning and driving my Escape. Good on gas, not as good as some, but good. Quiet ride. Looks good."

So far...best vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I just bought a used 08 Escape, V6, Limited. I love it! The price was right comparred to other SUV's. It's stylish, comfortable and safe."

2nd escape and the absolute best!!!

By on Monday, October 17, 2016

Pros: "limited, calm ice blue lighting at night, rugged"

Cons: "cheap materials, hard to fold down back seats"

my "12" escape

"This escape is the 2nd escape i have bought and its the 2nd most reliable car (i am not really so sure about it because i have only had it for 5 years but i have had my 2006 escape for 11 years so i know what that car is like) but it looks great and has rugged looks with chrome accents and fun to drive. overall this escape is my 2nd favorite car i have owned."

my "12" escape

Not a good vehicle

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "None worth mentioning"

Cons: "Poor quality"

"Bought this vehicle used. Ran good for about three months, then started some major problems. Went to start vehicle and could not get it started. Something had "fused" to the engine. Had to get it towed in. In shop for one week. Suddenly lost power while going up hill. Clutch installed at factory defective. Had new clutch and seals put in under warrenty. In shop for 2.5 weeks. Dashboard lights seem to come on/off randomly at times. Dealer has no answer/solution for this at this time. All in all, am very disappointed in this vehicle. Bought this SUV for my wife. She is afraid to drive it for fear of when the next time it will break down for no real reason. Now I have to trade this off, at a loss of course, because Ford is not able to build a decent vehicle of any quality. I will never buy another Ford product."

5th Ford and I'm tradeing it in for my 6th

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, dependable, great mpg, stylish, smart"

Cons: "No disappointments!"

"I love my Fords because they have taken care of me and my family for 34 years. I've had a Zepher station wagon (we out grew in 2 years), 2 Custom conversion Econoline vans (10+ years each), 2 Escapes (7yrs & Hybrid 5 yrs), and now I will buy an Explorer (only because they messed up the Escape)and I now need more room for the grandchildren!"

2008-2012 Escape

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "great cost to value and very fun to drive"

Cons: "recycled fabric, stains with water."

"This Small SUV was the end of an Era. The body style, while dated, was unique in it's class. Every other SUV now sports the new "EURO" look. While updated and sleek, it doesn't look like an SUV. My 5 years with the Escape have been a dream, I have only had to replace consumables, tires, battery, wipers and 1 light bulb. Mechanically the Escape is sound and very reliable. I have the 6 cyl engine and consistently exceed the EPA mileage ratings by 5 to 8 miles per gallon. The Moon-roof, opens up the interior and lets the sun in while keeping out the elements. The Front wheel drive standard never gave me any problems in rain or snow. All-in-all The Escape has been fun and a pleasure to own."

I am very happy with my ford Escape limited.

By on Saturday, May 4, 2013

"This vehicle is a great buy as well as a Dream to drive. It gets great gas mileage 25 highway 18 city. Rides great, and is real comfortable also not alot of rosd noise. I had a trailer tow package added at the factory for towing my, bass boat. Which this vehicle does very well while still getting 22 mpg. This car has plenty of power even while towing up hill. As well you don't feel the transmission, shift while towing with the 6 speed transmission. Also with the camera on the mirror while backing up it"s breeze,hooking onto your boat or camper. You don't need a, second person to watch you back up?"

A good vehicle for the money

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "good value, low operating costs so far."

Cons: "Awful upholstery fabric"

"I bought this car new. Delaware is easier on cars. Decent roads and no hills to speak of. After 3-1/2 years I only have 26669 miles on the car so it has been used sparingly. Service from the dealer has been very good. Only one minor recall. I hate the upholstery fabric but seats are comfortable. I often tow a 5x8 trailer...no problems with weight. It's not a sports car but handling is good for a small SUV. Gas mileage has been as advertised...better on long hauls. It was too late when I realized the cross braces for the roof rack were not included. RIPOFF!"

Car seats are aweful

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"The 2008 XLT is the 2nd Ford Escape that I had owned. I orginally bought a 2004 XLT and jsut loved the SUV. The Escape is perfect size for myself, husband and our dog. When we have the grandbabies the size is good also. I bought the 2008 due to the mileage that I had put on my 2004. The seats are the worst I have had. If there is a drop of water that lands on the seats it stains the seat. You have to do a complete shampooing of the whole seat to remove that spot. The seats are uncomfortable on long trips. I had the 2008 for 1 year and traded it for a new 2009 Ford Escape Limited with leather seats. Once again I am in love with my Escape. However,I would Never reccommend the 2008 with cloth seats."

Very Pleased

By on Sunday, December 30, 2007

"We had thought about Toyota, Hyundia and Honda for our first SUV but after a test drive of each and the features and coverages we were happy with the Escape. The Insurance was surprising low and the gas mileage has been good. This was a good choice and it was less expensive than the others."

Love the Hybrid

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"I have had the Escape Hybrid for a little over 2 months. I carefully considered buying it before I made the purchase and I am so glad that I did it. It is perfect for my family of 3 and I know I have plently of room if I decide to add a second child. I love the look and feel of the Escape. This month I went almost 3 weeks on 1 tank of gas. Almost as good as my Corolla did. I would recommend it to anyone."

Never left me stranded, ever!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, responsive, great value and gas mileage."

Cons: "I haven't found any yet."

"This car is so reliable! Any problems have been minor with the security/ignition system and a water pump issue. Incredible pick up for passing on the highway, especially for a 4cyl. Rugged, compact, fun to drive. I just paid it off and hope to drive it another 200K!!"

Excellent choice! Love it.

By on Friday, August 2, 2013

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive, and park. great options."

Cons: "Wish the rear hatch door would close automatically"

"I have really been impressed with my Ford Escape from the very first time I saw it. Then when I drove it, with such easy handling, and easy driving, it just got better. I have had it now over a year, and I like it just as much or more than when I first bought it. I really like the special options, camera, Sirius Radio, heated seats, a number of other great options, autodimming rearview mirror, wide seats, great view of road just in front of you from the higher seating and wide windshield. Love the ability to open the top half of the rear hatch door, allows me to easily slip in items without opening the whole read hatch door. Has a pull out curtain to cover what I have in the back storage area to keep it out of site. Easy to park, short turning radius, great gas mileage, I get 33 mpg on highway, 26-28 in town. I have not enjoyed a car as much as this one in all my 50 years of driving all makes and models of cars. I use it all the time. Just a treat to drive."

By on Saturday, February 12, 2011

"I traded in my 2002 Ford Escape for the 2008 that I now own. As long as Ford is making Escapes, it is the car that I will buy. It is amazing how well the Escape holds its value. It is the most reliable car I have ever owned. It is just right size - not too large, but large enough if I need to buy some bulky items. It handles extremely well in snow and ice."

2nd one

By on Friday, September 10, 2010

"wife loves it, great vehicle to drive bought first one used, bought new one a year or so later , loved them both!"

Best Ford Ever

By on Monday, October 13, 2008

"I have owned many different SUVs over the years, and this little honey is the best. I am 6ft.3" and I have plenty of room.Rear seat passengers have plenty of leg room. Gas mileage is averaging 26.4. Plenty of pep. Drives and handles better then the Expedition I just had. Needless to say I am very happy with this Escape."

3rd one in 6 years

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"I would recommend the Escape to anyone.Even after totalling my first one, by hitting a telephone poll and walking away, and then haviny 2 more, which the most serious problem I had was a glitch n the fuel filter cap, I have had nothing but enjoyment in the overall performance of this SUV.Great job Ford!"

I LOVE my car!

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "lots of space, easy to drive, easy to park"

Cons: "none!"

"I bought my Escape 2 years ago. I chose it because I needed to have room to bring 3 large dogs plus luggage for 2 back and forth from our hometown in PA to our then home in Virginia Beach, VA. The seats fold down to give maximum space utilization, which accommodated the dogs and our luggage perfectly! The vehicle is comfortable to drive and easy to park. I have no complaints about this mini suv! The seats are usually down in my car for convenience when traveling with my dogs, but can be put right back up in less than a minute. The console has tons of room to store things in too and has two removable compartments that will slide into slots in the console to be used as extra storage or as a garbage can! So convenient!"

I am on Escape number two of this design

By on Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and very practical"

Cons: "Voice commands require a repeat sometimes"

"I love the design of this suv from beginning to end. I have no complaints at all about this vehicle. It drives very well. Has very good handling for an suv and gets up and goes when you need it to. I have driven both the 4 cylinder which was in my first one the 08 model and currently have the 2012 model with the v6. Both motors have been very good on gas and in the ownership of my 08 I only had to buy a battery, tires, and brakes in over 3 years of ownership. This vehicle is very well put together inside as well with a very nice fit and finish. The dash is very functional everything seems to be in the right place. I have the sync system in my current escape and it is a very nice feature. The system works great with my Iphone and also with my wifes android as well. My only complaint would be that it does require me to repeat commands every now and then but that is it. It is more of a perk for me especially when i have my Ipod plugged into the usb port. The voice command with that on a road trip is a dream.The interior is very roomy and the seats are very comfortable as well as functional. The rear seats fold down very easily and quickly if more cargo area is needed. The keyless entry remote is handy as well to open the rear glass when needed. My current escape also has the easy cap fuel filler which is quite nice as well. I have also used the roof rack on both escapes quite a bit as well. They are very easy and straight forward to use also. Overall I have given this vehicle a 10 out of 10 because it has done everything I have needed it to. Both of the Escapes I've owned were a joy to drive from day one and were hands down the best vehicles I have ever owned in my 28 years of life"

Right sized car, Great Mileage

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Mileage is great in a good size suv"

Cons: "Discontinued in 2013"

"Other than maintenance and one minor problem with door locking, this car has bee trouble free. At 80000 it runs great and I avg 33-35 mpg. It's no Hummer, but that's good."