2010 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 600 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

always gets me where I need to go!

By on Saturday, June 7, 2014

Pros: "reliable, clean, beautiful vehicle!"

Cons: "eats gas like crazy!"

"A neat and reliable car!"

Great hybrid - excellent mileage for size 2 tons

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive. Full of pep, corners well."

Cons: "Poor cruise control , no handles over rear doors"

"Unlike the Toyota Prius, this car moves when you put your foot on the gas (good safety feature). Good head & legroom. Has outside thermometer. Too bad the 2014s no longer have a hybrid option. On the downside, no handles over the back doors, cruise control is poor. Picks up speed on downhill, slows on uphill (can be dangerous). Real nuisance to lay rear seats down, whoever designed that feature is a sadist."

I couldn't own a better car

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "great mpg for V6 AWD, cargo space, fun to drive"

Cons: "visor screws come loose"

"I needed an off-road vehicle with minor towing capacity that would also serve as a daily commuter vehicle. I compared many different makes and models and couldn't be happier with my choice. I get way better than the EPA rated gas mileage, usually 28 hwy/frwy and 22 in town only. It's survived some questionable off-road terrain (while the clearance is better than most, it's no truck) and it performs great in the snow and doesn't get knocked around in the wind. My rating for quality is simply a reflection that this isn't a luxury model but the only thing I really have a problem with is that the visor screws like to get a little loose which is annoying. SYNC is great, although sometimes hilarious when trying to pronounce proper names. Seats folded down or not I can pack a lot of stuff into this car: patio pavers, trees, three large dogs, camping gear, shop equipment, etc. There is not one thing I wanted this car to do that it could not do. I have several friends and family members with Escapes (prior to the body change in 2013) and they all agree that this is the best car! Highly recommended."

Plenty of get up and go. Pulls 1500 lb trailer OK

By on Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Like visibility. Engine (6cyl) and six speed auto transmission are matched very well. Frequently pull trailer with 1000 to 1500 pound load and Escape handles trailer quite well even in the mountains. Flexibility of rear seating or cargo configuration works very well. Works great for hauling grandchildren. I have had no problems with vehicle. It has only been back to the dealer for regular maintenance. Vehicle has cabin air filter but there is no mention of the filter in the owners manual. Wish it had six way power front seat for passenger. AC controls difficult to see. Update for navigation system too expensive ($200 to update from 2012 to 2013) Navigation screen size OK but some colors hard to see and font too small to see easily in traffic. I frequently use smart phone navigation as it in more current. Would like to be able to load maps from my computer to Escape navigation."

absolutely love it

By on Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pros: "very easy to drive, comfortable ride"

Cons: "no cons"

"we shoppped around and checked out many, many cars and trucks and came to the conclusion Why would anyone want to drive anything but an Escape? It is just the right size, looks great,it is fun to drive. There is nothing about this vehicle that we don't like."