ZIP code

2010 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 600 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

2008-2012 Escape

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "great cost to value and very fun to drive"

Cons: "recycled fabric, stains with water."

"This Small SUV was the end of an Era. The body style, while dated, was unique in it's class. Every other SUV now sports the new "EURO" look. While updated and sleek, it doesn't look like an SUV. My 5 years with the Escape have been a dream, I have only had to replace consumables, tires, battery, wipers and 1 light bulb. Mechanically the Escape is sound and very reliable. I have the 6 cyl engine and consistently exceed the EPA mileage ratings by 5 to 8 miles per gallon. The Moon-roof, opens up the interior and lets the sun in while keeping out the elements. The Front wheel drive standard never gave me any problems in rain or snow. All-in-all The Escape has been fun and a pleasure to own."

I am very happy with my ford Escape limited.

By on Saturday, May 4, 2013

"This vehicle is a great buy as well as a Dream to drive. It gets great gas mileage 25 highway 18 city. Rides great, and is real comfortable also not alot of rosd noise. I had a trailer tow package added at the factory for towing my, bass boat. Which this vehicle does very well while still getting 22 mpg. This car has plenty of power even while towing up hill. As well you don't feel the transmission, shift while towing with the 6 speed transmission. Also with the camera on the mirror while backing up it"s breeze,hooking onto your boat or camper. You don't need a, second person to watch you back up?"

A good vehicle for the money

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "good value, low operating costs so far."

Cons: "Awful upholstery fabric"

"I bought this car new. Delaware is easier on cars. Decent roads and no hills to speak of. After 3-1/2 years I only have 26669 miles on the car so it has been used sparingly. Service from the dealer has been very good. Only one minor recall. I hate the upholstery fabric but seats are comfortable. I often tow a 5x8 trailer...no problems with weight. It's not a sports car but handling is good for a small SUV. Gas mileage has been as advertised...better on long hauls. It was too late when I realized the cross braces for the roof rack were not included. RIPOFF!"

Car seats are aweful

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"The 2008 XLT is the 2nd Ford Escape that I had owned. I orginally bought a 2004 XLT and jsut loved the SUV. The Escape is perfect size for myself, husband and our dog. When we have the grandbabies the size is good also. I bought the 2008 due to the mileage that I had put on my 2004. The seats are the worst I have had. If there is a drop of water that lands on the seats it stains the seat. You have to do a complete shampooing of the whole seat to remove that spot. The seats are uncomfortable on long trips. I had the 2008 for 1 year and traded it for a new 2009 Ford Escape Limited with leather seats. Once again I am in love with my Escape. However,I would Never reccommend the 2008 with cloth seats."

Very Pleased

By on Sunday, December 30, 2007

"We had thought about Toyota, Hyundia and Honda for our first SUV but after a test drive of each and the features and coverages we were happy with the Escape. The Insurance was surprising low and the gas mileage has been good. This was a good choice and it was less expensive than the others."