2009 Ford Escape

8.3

Based on 533 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Great quality, great driver, good MPG"

Cons: "Front speaker started going out after 4 years"

"Have had this car for a little over two years. Bought this after owning a string of minivans from Dodge and Chevy, and was my first ford. Although i did sacrifice on the space to go to a SUV I love this car. It gets good gas mileage 24-26 depending on the season, handles fairly well for an SUV and has a decent amount of power. It is very comfortable for long trips, i take it 4 hours one way every other weekend during the winter and it is a breeze in this vehicle. The only complaint is that the driver side front speaker has started to go out but the vehicle is now four years old and was pre-owned so I cant say for how it was used in the past. If I were to buy this vehicle again i would sacrifice the MPG to go for the 4 wheel drive model because I live in a snowy region but for a Front wheel drive it doesn't do bad. Highly recommend this vehicle."

5 yr extended warranty bumper to bumper

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"very reliable"

Awesome!!!!!!

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

"I was a first time Escape customer last May 2014. I'm buying another one this May. What does that yell you?"

Too many mechanical breakdowns.

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Good V6 engine, Sync system, cargo space."

Cons: "Way too many non-engine mechanical breakdowns."

"I bought this 2009 Escape XLT new. It fit the exact profile I was looking for in a vehicle which would work for business purposes, yet would still work for my outdoors activities. I still like the design a lot. The newer models have removed the SUV look and have replaced it with a minivan/crossover look. I love the Ford SYNC system. It works great. This vehicle was one of Ford's first to be equipped with a USB port. I really wanted to like this vehicle. The problem is I have had way too many mechanical breakdowns. Here is a list of the major ones: 1)Transmission went out after a month of ownership. Yes it was covered by warranty, but it took six weeks to get repaired due to a lack of replacement parts (what does that say?). Then it needed reprogramming a month later. 2)One of the front disc brakes failed. Covered by warranty. 3)The electronic power steering failed. $1300. 4)The air conditioning condenser unit failed. $1000. Then it failed again a year later. 5)Something called a half axle support bearing failed. $400. 5)Electronic lift gate actuator failed. The one thing that has actually works great on the Escape has been the V6 engine. No issues there at all. Overall however this vehicle has just had too many mechanical breakdowns in a 5 year period. I'm also not happy with the number of recalls that Ford is still experiencing with many of their vehicles. Its too bad because I really loved a lot of things on this Escape. It fit me perfectly, but the mechanical issues are just too much and Ford has too many recalls. I'll go elsewhere."

My second most favorite vehicle ever.

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "great gas mileage and roomy"

Cons: "seat belts are crazy sometimes"

"I really love this car! The only reason I am thinking of trading it in is that I want the 2015 Titanium. I am retired so it has plenty of room for everything that comes up. It wouldn't be good for a large family but it is so perfect for me."