2008 Ford Escape

8.3

Based on 602 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Better than expected

By on Sunday, April 5, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle based on economic logic. To my surprise, I really like the car. It drives very comfortably and has plenty of space. The gas mileage really can be 34 mph and even higher, depending on how you drive: slow city driving, bumper to bumper jams and rolling through foothills you can easily get 40 mpg. Unfortuantely, I am a freeway driver and always in a hurry. I tend to get about 27 - 28 mpg with my driving habits. My first impression is that is was made for a man -- everything is flat and hard, not curvey or soft. The seat was uncomfortable at first. I don't know if it molded to my body or if I just got used to it. But, after 7,000 miles I don't notice it any more. It has plenty of power for my needs -- typical mom stuff. Very quiet when in electric mode, a bit noisy when using gas but not as noisey as a typical truck. I love the Sync -- it makes so much sense and is easy to set up & use. I just tell my car to call home and talk like my family is in the car with me. Sync my iPod, plug in my laptop, etc. Very techno friendly. I have been a toyota driver for 30 years and really wanted a Lexus Hybrid, but could not justify the cost to mileage ratio. I was very reluctant to switch to Ford but now I am glad I gave it a chance."

2008 not the best year for the Ford Escape.

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

"2008 was not the best year for the Ford Escape. Early on had trouble with the transmission fluid cooler. Water pump went out early. The heating and cooling system is difficult to adjust. The glove box is a little small. The gas mileage is not bad for a V-6, can get 23-25 highway if I hold the speed to 65 or less and the road is not too hilly. Do like that V-6, gives plenty of pep and is really holding up well after 120,000 miles. Like driving it and hope to keep it to 200,000."

Love the vehicle!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"We got this vehicle as we needed something that was not as gas consuming as the vehicle we had previously. This vehicle is great on gas mileage and my husband, who is quite tall, fits in the vehicle well and is comfortable when he drives around and doesn't hurt when he gets out of the vehicle after long trips."

Exceeded Expectations!

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Have sold Fords in the past and had a 10 yr old pickup I needed to upgrade. Having no need for another truck at this time we felt we wanted an SUV and drove several from different manufacturers. We were concerned with safety, driveability and especially fuel economy. We found the Escape far and above the best value out there and took it on a 5,000 mile honeymoon trip and loved it! Fuel economy was great, we averaged almost 28 mpg on several tanks of gas! Handling and ride were both impressive. We couldn't be happier with our limited and love every feature on this vehicle! Would recommend it wholeheartedly! PS: We really love the way cargo area can be modified and can actually sleep in it when rear seats are removed, which is quick and easy!"

Good driving car.

By on Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Pros: "nice ride. easy to get into and out."

"I've enjoyed owning and driving my Escape. Good on gas, not as good as some, but good. Quiet ride. Looks good."