2006 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 1259 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Great reliable car

By on Saturday, May 28, 2016

Pros: "affordable, reliable, easy to drive."

Cons: "front end problems"

"I bought this car used and have loved it ever since. It is not a luxury model but it is easy to drive, reliable, affordable all the way around. Its great in the snow and not bad on gas. One thing I have had issues with now that it is older is the front end wheels. I always seem to be replacing tire rod ends, wheel barings, etc."

Love this vehicle!

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, comfortable with decent MPG."

"I have owned this vehicle for almost 7 years, put over 200,000 miles on her and have not had major issues! Largest expense was a new alternator (approx. $450). Other than that it has been all routine maintance: oil changes, and tires. It even gets decent gas mileage, ranging on average for me at 22-24 MPG. I have moved several times in the past, and other than large pieces of furniture can fit just about everything in the vehicle, when folding the back seats, great size trunk in general too!"

Best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable,"

"One of the must reliable vehicles I've owned. The V6 has good power, tows trailers well, if you floor it will push you back in seat and break the tires loose. Lots of cargo room, with or with out the back seats folded down."

Wonderful vehicle, only one issue thus far!

By on Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pros: "Everything...'cept..."

Cons: "exhaust issues."

"The XLS has been an awesome vehicle...the only issue was pertaining to the exhaust- the third (standard) catalytic converter had gotten stopped up and needed to be removed. Other than this issue it has been great, gas mileage is very appealing and is great as it is a four cylinder. The interior is very comfortable and stylish without being unpractical. Just be sure to treat your bumpers to prevent discoloration. The spare should be full-sized as well, but that is an easy fix. I absolutely love my car, it has been a joy so far and I am in love with it. <3"

Love my car... but

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I love my ford escape but at 70,000 it's starting to have problems (muffler fell off, emergency brake had to be replaced, spring came out of motor valve, moon roof motor has been replaced twice). I love my car, how it feels, how it looks, how it drives, but I question the quality, to be having these kinds of problems at 70,000."

Second one!

By on Sunday, May 20, 2007

"I loved my 2003 Escape so much but was gettting up close to 100,000 without the extended warranty. What did I trade it in for? ANOTHER Escape! Very pleased w/ my new 2007 Escape."

Very good vehicle!

By on Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Pros: "great in snow, pretty safe"

Cons: "no traction control"

"I bought my Escape brand new in 2003. I've had it for 13 yrs now and have been pretty happy with it. I love the "on- demand" 4x4... It's been excellent in the snow. We've had a few things go wrong with it in the last 3-4 yrs. It eats alternators every 2 yrs it seems. I've had to put 2 new sets of brakes on it, new tires, and the regular maintenance. I plan to keep it for a bit longer as long as it stays running."

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned

By on Monday, May 9, 2016

"6 years of nearly zero problems with my Escape hybrid. Killer driver in the winter here in MN, no problems at all. I can get 31mpg if I watch my driving. Tough vehicle with plenty of room. Yes, it has that standard SVU look, but for a light SVU it's great. Nearly as good as my Taurus, love it"

LOVED this car!

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Reason: needed more space

Pros: "Fun to drive all year round! Great gas mileage!"

Cons: "rethink if you have small kids."

"I bought my 2003 Ford Escape XLS in January of 2005 with 70000 miles on it. It was a program car, hence the higher mileage. It was awesome. Extremely reliable. Great clearance height for awesome winter driving without 4WD. I was impressed with this SUV for having a comfortable ride, good gas mileage for an SUV, roomy and lots of space for hauling things with the back seat folded down. The A/C was as cold as cold could be and it always started in the winter months without issue. I hit a deer once with it going about 55 MPH and barely felt the impact. I felt very safe in this SUV. The damage was minimal so I had it repaired. The only reason I sold it was because we had a child and there wasn't enough room when we went on long trips with a pack and play, stroller, luggage, and all the other things kids come with. The only money I ever put into it was replacing coils which isn't expensive if you know how to do it yourself (my brother did it for me). Tires can be a little pricey too (a set of 4 ran me about $600 with install and everything). I will totally buy another one after our kids are bigger and don't need strollers and pack and plays."

Great high school and college car

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

"Got this car when I was a sophomore in high school with 34,000 miles. I am about to complete my 4th year in college and have had no major issues with it at 95,000 miles. It's a little loud on country interstate at above 70. At only 4 cylinders, accelerating up hills on the interstate above 75mph can be painful. However I have gotten it up to well over 100. It's been averaging around 20miles to a gallon with my lead foot."