2004 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 1256 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Love my car... but

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I love my ford escape but at 70,000 it's starting to have problems (muffler fell off, emergency brake had to be replaced, spring came out of motor valve, moon roof motor has been replaced twice). I love my car, how it feels, how it looks, how it drives, but I question the quality, to be having these kinds of problems at 70,000."

Second one!

By on Sunday, May 20, 2007

"I loved my 2003 Escape so much but was gettting up close to 100,000 without the extended warranty. What did I trade it in for? ANOTHER Escape! Very pleased w/ my new 2007 Escape."

Great SUV

By on Saturday, January 7, 2017

Pros: "Fun to drive with lots of possibilities"

Cons: "Gas mileage that can be corrected"

"If your looking for a really comfy, nimble & fun to drive vehicle, look no further. I bought the 3.0 L automatic version with cloth seats. This small but plenty of room SUV does exactly as I expected for getting around in all types of weather (rainy & snow). The only negative I found with this SUV is the gas mileage. I expected this based on the previous owner didn't do all the general maintainces such as regular oil changes, transmission services & tune-ups. This I expected too, based on the service records left in the glove box & original loan papers. Mind you, I wasn't expecting to find such paper work like this in a used car from a new/used car dealer. That's another issue involved with the car dealer where I purchased. Anyhow, I plan on getting all needed updates done shortly. As a retired mechanic of over 25 years I still do all my own repairs & updates. The trade in my wife & I we owned was kept in great shape for 14 years. And mind you, my wife cried to see that car go. She gets attached to all our cars we have owned over the many years. And I think we both will do same with this great find as well too !!!"

Very good vehicle!

By on Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Pros: "great in snow, pretty safe"

Cons: "no traction control"

"I bought my Escape brand new in 2003. I've had it for 13 yrs now and have been pretty happy with it. I love the "on- demand" 4x4... It's been excellent in the snow. We've had a few things go wrong with it in the last 3-4 yrs. It eats alternators every 2 yrs it seems. I've had to put 2 new sets of brakes on it, new tires, and the regular maintenance. I plan to keep it for a bit longer as long as it stays running."

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned

By on Monday, May 9, 2016

"6 years of nearly zero problems with my Escape hybrid. Killer driver in the winter here in MN, no problems at all. I can get 31mpg if I watch my driving. Tough vehicle with plenty of room. Yes, it has that standard SVU look, but for a light SVU it's great. Nearly as good as my Taurus, love it"