2003 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 1256 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

A surprise from Ford

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"As this was my first SUV, I was astonished at everything the Escape has to offer. Living in rural Michigan, 4WD is very important to get around in the winter and spring. The 4WD system in the Escape is smooth and about makes you feel like you're on wet pavement. Due to an encounter with deep water, I had to have the engine replaced, but other than that, it's been standard maintenance (oil changes, spark plugs, u-joints, etc.). Since I drive over 100 miles a day, the mileage for a V6 is great. I've been getting 28mpg freeway. The only things I've not been satisfied with have been the road noise (but the premium sound system makes up for that) and the seats can be rather uncomfortable when you sit for a long time."

By on Monday, July 7, 2008

"Have had very few problems with this vehicle and has been very reliable. Only complaint would be drop in gas mileage during the winter months."

By on Thursday, July 3, 2008

Transmition

By on Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Make sure the transmition has been replaced before you buy it. I have a 2001 and I have had to replace the break system and the transmition. The transmition is the scariest as it will go up on you with no warning and could be over 3,000.00 to fix."

2006nn Escape XLT V6

By on Monday, June 30, 2008

"I love this car!!! although i was just recently in a bad accident front end crash and may have totalled it :( this car has been Fantastic!!! I walked away from the accident no broken bones or anything too serious..thats speaks for itself..I would definitely reccomend the Escape It is fun to drive and has been pretty reiliable...when I get word from the Ins Company I will be out shoopiing for another FORD!!!"