• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,608 - $27,303.

10/7.8

Based on 547 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great Ride, good milage, nice solid feeling SUV

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "Great Ride, decent milage, SE is a great Value"

Cons: "cannot see the front hood when parking."

"This has been a great SUV so far, traded in a 2001 Escape in for it, What a change, much quieter on the hyway, good gas milage so far, 26.9 mpg(my escape w/3.0 was 22 mpg on same roads) in mixed town/hiway driving. its a FWD with 3.5 L motor. Much more comfortable seats. Wish the hood was like the Escape though as I could see the front better when parking(I am 6'2")"

good but could have been better

By on Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pros: "good driving vehicle, comfortable, good gas milage for size and preformace."

Cons: "sync system"

"We traded our 06 Explorer and 08 Taurus in on a 2011 Edge. We hoped to get a vehicle that would get us around in the winter and had comfort for our creaky old bodies. we shopped a lot but this was one of very few modestly priced units that we could get leather seating and a power passanger seat in. This unit has A/W/D and it was flawless this winter. The unit drives well, and we learned that it proved easier to get in and out of than the Taurus. No pulling yourself up and out of a low seat. It gets a lot better gas millage than our explorer but a less than our Taurus. We get 20 MPH locally (we live in a rural area vs a city) and so far we are averaging about 25 M.P.G. on the several shorter highway trips we have taken. Our one and only complaint and constant irritant is the sync system. it's distracting (trying to perform a function while driving) it's slower than flipping a switch or sliding a lever and it's quite easy to inadvertently trigger a function while reaching for some thing else on the touch screen. If they wanted a hands free phone system by all means install it. BUT, don't saddle the rest of us with all the silly functions that go unused."

Very happy with this car. Has and does everything

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

"Car has been very good on gas, Better than advertised. Does everything that it is sad to do and more. Very respoonsive to controls."

It's a Ford?!

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Curve control, rain driving"

Cons: "Backdoor hard to close."

"I've never been a Ford fun, and never thought to buy a Ford for sure until.... This long weekend my friend randomly loan a Ford Edge, and we drove it to Myertle beach. When driving on Verginia mountain road, I just feel the same as drive my BMW. What a car! Can't believe Ford make such good car! And on the way back we drove in big rain on mountain road! The curve control is so accurate and comfortable. Simply put, I love this crossover, will definitely consider to buy a Ford first time in my life!"

most comfortable, reliable vehicle I have owned.

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "convenient interior, safe, fun to drive, mileage"

Cons: "NO CONS"

"In the 53 years that I have been driving, I have preferred driving Ford products. The Ford Edge is the best of all! It is most comfortable for long trips--800 miles. After driving all that way, we still felt good enough to go out for dinner and enjoy talking the rest of the night!!!! Small trips are a breeze. I have had no problems with it at all. I have had three neighbors who want to be informed if I do decide to sell it -- they want to be first in line to buy it. They have a long wait."

GREAT SUV FOR THE PRICE

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Moon Roof, Ride, Stereo, SYNC....."

Cons: "Seats are a little hard but I had back surgery..."

"I bought a 2011 Certified 2011 SEL with leather, moon roof, backup camera, etc. I traided in my 2010 Lexus RX350 because it was much more expensive and boring to drive. I love the Edge, although the leather seats are a bit on the harder side, but overall it's comfortable, packed with features and the backup camera and stereo works better than Lexus and the ride/Tiptronic is more fun. The Sony sterio is FAR superior to the base level Lexus stereo. I love the SYNC and have had no issues using it at all.. I get an average of 23 MPG's compared to the average 18 MPG's of the Lexus. Needless to say I'm very happy. The giant moon roof is a major plus."

great vehicle to drive.

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "Back end of vehicles gets extremely dirty in rain"

"Like the amount of cargo space. Like all Ford Sync features. Easy to drive. Love the black metalic paint."

Another great Ford

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, power, overall covenience, space"

Cons: "Black interior"

"I got the 13 Edge SE AWD. This replaced my 07 expedition Eddie Bauer so you could say the edge had big shoes to fill. I put a towing package on it and towed a jet ski 800 miles with a luggage bag on the roof and averaged 18mpg. Currently at 8500 miles, lifetime mpg is 21. I can get upwards of 25 on a long trip. Sufficient backseat and cargo space. The one thing I really don't like is the interior color. Everything is BLACK. I should have looked a little harder for a different color. When it's hot outside and you turn off the AC, you boil in about 2 minutes. Plus, it shows a lot of dirt. Other than that this car is great. It has done everything I asked of it."

, Good car with some faults

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "The panoramic moon roof, plenty of leg room"

Cons: "Windshield glare, lack of ground clearance"

"I have owned this car since the summer of 2009. This car has some wonderful extras like the panoramic moon roof, ambient interior lighting, power, miles per gallon are good, the seats are comfy, there is plenty of leg room and it handled an accident with a deer without a scratch on myself or passenger. However, this car has an absolutely horrible blinding glare from the dash, on the drivers side windshield. I have tried everything to minimize this glare, and was told by my dealership this problem was common. They had even had to paint the dash of another customer's car in an effort to fix the problem. This car also cannot handle any snow over 2 inches without getting stuck. I thought the AWD would have been comparable to that of the Explorer I had before. In my 23 years of driving, this is the first car I have ever been stuck with!"

No More Edge

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"Bought new Limited in 2008. Have 60,000 on it. Luckily under warranty for transmission repairs in 2010. Now rear berrings need repaired. From what I've heard this is a problem that occurs at about 60,000. Unless I lean way forward it's hard to get into without bumping my head. A/C is not adequate. No rear A/C controls. Disapponted in gas mileage. Not enough support in front seats, making long trips uncomfortable. Waste of money, wish I could get rid of it."

Fantastic for the price

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, handling, relatively quick, fuel mileage"

Cons: "The usual hard plastic Ford interior"

"I've put 130,000 miles of hard urban driving on this car in six years. It's very quick for it's size and handles extremely well. Plenty of room. The sliding glass roof is very cool but was a pricey option for something I rarely use. Now the downside. The only problem I've had in six years are brakes and tires. No big deal. Yesterday, I found a puddle of antifreeze in the garage coming from the cooling pump weep hole. I've replaced 3 or 4 cooling pumps in my 47 years, but on this model, you have to remove the entire flipping engine! AND, it's driven by the timing chain so you need special tools. I have the know-how but not the time. Now I'm faced with paying 2,000 to fix a car worth about 7,500."

Great SUV (bought certified used) w/tons of value

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable, great technology, fun to drive"

Cons: "Bad MPG"

"I did a lot a research before I bought this car. I looked at the Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscan and Santa Fe Sport 2.0, Toyota Rav 4, Honda CRV, Kia Sportage and compared technology, prices, MPG, comfort and value. I ruled out the Rav 4, CRV, Tuscan because of their engine size as I wanted something with more power. I really liked the new Escape and that was the main contender. Despite what reviews had said, I found the Sync technology easy to use when I test drove and found it was far superior than other brands technology. After driving all new cars, I opted to buy a 2011 Certified Edge. The reason I did so, was all the models I was looking at had all just done model changes in 2013 or 2014 and I wanted to buy a certified used vehicle to save on money. The 2011 Edge has all the same technology as the current model and certified vehicles off leases were easier to find. I ended up getting one off lease with 23K miles all decked out SEL with leather, moonroof, navigation and premium wheels for $23.5K when the list new was $37K. No where could I have found another model I liked at that price. After driving it for several months, I love this SUV. It is super comfortable to drive and has a TON of space. My parents were looking at higher end SUVs after I purchased this one and they agree the setas are the most comfortable to sit in for its price and even compared to more expensive SUVs. The SYNC technology isn't perfect, but it is easy to use despite what people have said and the quality of the interior feels so much nicer than all the other brands I looked at. It also drives very smooth on the highway and roads. Very soft comfortable ride. Now comes to what I don't like. The gas mileage. It's terrible. I know it's an SUV, but in the city, I get about 15-16MPG and on the highway I get about 22MPG so my average since I bought it has been about 19 (the car keeps track of this). If I could go back, I would actually buy a Limited trim instead of an SEL. The Limited trims come with the HD radio and come with the leather, Sync and better wheels standard as opposed to extra on the SEL. Since I bought it used, all those extras really didn't cost me a premium so it was almost as much as the Limited. The only thing I can say its its a great car with bad MGP so be aware of that."

Best Vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, AWD."

Cons: "No A/C through front seat's. MPG not the best."

"Great Vehicle to own. Drove less then 1k. Not used as a daily driver as I have a work truck. I do drive this when ever I get the chance. Only drove city miles on it so far, have not had a chance to test it out on a long road trip yet but cant wait for the day I do. My wife and I love this vehicle and take it out to shop, and love the auto open rear lift gate. Have all the options and love the fact this is a very safe vehicle. Issurance rates for full coverage are the same as my 2000 Ford Mustang GT that I traded in for this. That was with just liability on the Mustang. If you want a dependable AWD vehicle that has some get up and go when you need it, and like driving a great looking vehicle then get the SPORT model, like I have. You will not be disapointed in your choice."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "feels solid, quiet, easy to drive, powerful,"

Cons: "no passenger handles, no glovebox light"

"I love the feel of the car, it's quite while driving, doors are heavy and feel solid and safe, seats (I have leather) are very comfy on long drives, the sliding sun/moon roof is awesome, it's roomy and fits a family of 4 nicely with room for "stuff", it's been very reliable and looks really cool- I love the design (I have black on black). What I did not notice when I purchased it (new) was that it does not have handles on the passenger side (to hold on to while turning or just to rest a hand) and does not have lights in the glove box or storage compartment. Everything is black and tucked away so it's difficult to see unless I get a flashlight. The handles are what I miss the most."

I LOVE MY EDGE

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Great Features, and keyless start"

Cons: "Price is high"

"I love the comfort level and all the great features. The panoramic vista roof is a great feature and I actually fine myself using it more than I ever though I would. The Ford SYNC is a great feature. The best feature of the car is the hands free feature. There is ample leg room in the rear seats and plenty of room to get in and out. The power lift gate is a must for me and I have thoroughly enjoyed having it. The HID headlamps give the exterior of the car a nice touch. I love the new front end on the EDGE. It looks better than the older models. Overall I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a crossover."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"My son bought an Edge about 6 months ago and has really liked the vehicle. He has not had one problem with it. Because of all the safety features, styling and gas milage I decided to buy an Edge for my college age daughter. Her college is 400 miles from home and she makes several trips home during the school year. She will be much safer in the Edge than her previous car. Plus she loves the car and so do many of her friends. When my wife and I are ready for a new car we will take a close look at the Edge. Ford has done a very good job with the Edge."

best all around car, right size

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"Most convenient vehicle I ever owned. Comfortable with smooth drive, easy to get in and out, plenty cargo space, just right size. One of the best all around vehicle with many available extra options"

The Beast!

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Reliable! Competively priced, Solid and Safe"

Cons: "Plain interior (2008), More power"

"The sincerest form of compliment is when someone rides in your car and then, purchases one. With my Edge, it's happened on more than one occasion in the five years I've owned it. Mine is a first generation series and the interior is comfortable if not a little Spartan. Ride is controlled, but a little busy with moderate road noise. Wind noise, unless gale force is pretty much non-existent. Cabin is definitely spacious and by folding down the back seats, accommodates a bunch of stuff. Speaking of the seats, they are leather covered and comfortable. The driver, especially, has no reason to not find a comfortable long drive position. Controls are logical and intuitive. Interior storage is awesome: door storage is the best I've seen, big center console, three other flat areas within easy reach of the driver. Much better than new vehicles, which I'm currently test driving. I installed an after market hitch, mainly for a bicycle rack but it should be good for towing up to 3500 lbs. Maintenance history and approximate miles other than periodic checkups at Ford dealerships: set of tires (Michelin) at 50K, minor PTU seal leak at 72K, cylinder coil at 15K, battery at 60K. I like this car enough that my toughest current decision is whether to keep it for the long haul or buy a new one. What a dilemma!"

Fun SUV for the Money with Lots of Extras

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Great price, gas mileasge, style, stereo, power.."

Cons: "Seats could be more comfortable"

"Overall a great SUV. I traded my Lexus RX 350 in for it because I wanted something sportier, better gas mileage, way more options, much better stereo, more fun to drive, cheaper and I got it with the Edge. The only thing the Lexus had better was the comfort of the seats and better/softer leather.."

LOVE my Edge

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Super comfy, sturdy, smooth ride, great looking"

Cons: "Little pricy, blind spots"

"I cannot say enough amazing things about this vehicle. I've only owned it for a short while now, but i love it. I bought a used 2010 SEL with 43000km on it and it has been a dream. The only negative thing i've found to possibly say about it is the blind spots; they're a little difficult to navigate, but the mirrors have the cut out that let you see further into the other lane so its not a huge deal. I feel so safe in this vehicle, and the ride is so smooth. Even my boyfriend who has said many times he will ONLY buy trucks, said he would purchase this vehicle for himself as well."

AWESOME VECHICLE

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "GAS SIPPING FOR 285HP, GOOD PRICE FOR QUALITY"

Cons: "NOT CHEAP TO UPGRADE FROM SE TO SEL (5,500.)"

"MY WIFE AND I WERE ON THE HUNT FOR NEW NEW FORD FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS. WE WENT TO A LOCAL DEALER AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR. THE ORIGINAL STICKER PRICE FOR THE BASE MODEL WAS 28,975.00. WE DECIDED TO INSTALL OUR OWN TOUCH SCREEN AND BACK UP CAMERA, (WHICH WAS STILL 3,500 BUCKS CHEAPER) THAN WHAT THE DEALER WANTED. WE GOT OUT THE DOOR WITH ROLLING 6,000 INTO THE LOAN FOR 28,300. WOW WHAT A DEAL! THE CAR HAS GREAT HORSEPOWER WITHOUT SACRIFICING A GREAT DEAL OF FUEL ECONOMY. GETTING CURRENTLY 23-24MPG CITY/HWY MIX. GRANTED ITS FLORIDA WITH VERY LITTLE HILLS. EVEN THOUGH ITS THE BASE MODEL WITHOUT A TON OF UN-NECESSARY BELLS AND WHISTLES ITS A VERY NICE CAR, I JUST CAME FROM HAVING A 2011 MAZDA TRIBUTE (HORRIBLE CAR) TO THIS AND ILL TELL YOU IT HAS BEEN WORTH EVERY PENNY! HOPE THIS HELPED SOME PEOPLE MAKE A WISE MOVE TO FORD, I HAVE HAD A TOTAL OF 9 CARS OVER A 10YR PERIOD AND I WILL ONLY BUY FORDS FROM NOW ON!"

Absolutely love the car.

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Everything so far"

Cons: "Too Much$.drove several this was best bang 4 buck"

"Have owned for 6 months now and no complaints except the sliding sunroof hangs up in one spot when you try to close it. Seems that it just needs lube. Great car in all weather. Mine is AWD. Traveled numerous mountain passes. When every one else is chaining up we just keep on cruizing by!! Does not get 25MPG. Have gotten 22 on a long trip. Very comfy on long trips. Passengers say back seat is very cozy. Very satisfied with this car."

Great Buy

By on Monday, July 25, 2011

"I Bought this car because i wanted a spacious, comfortable upper-midsize crossover and i couldn't afford a Lexus RX350. So far, I have no regrets. I love my Edge because it does a fantastic job of taking my two children to their various activities and it's a great commuter car. It's also a good roadtrip car because it will hold a decent amount of luggage. I haven't had any mechanical problems with my car so far and the interior quality is exceptional as well. I definately think that my next car will be the new 2011 Edge."

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, February 21, 2011

"I have owned the SEL Edge for nearly 8 months now and it has been a great experience. I traded my Fx2 F-150 which I loved, but the Edge offered more for my lifestyle. Especially with the winter weather, I can depend on the Edge to get me anywhere that most vehicles, even SUVs and trucks, cannot. I have taken two cross country road trips in the Edge, and they have been comfortable and highly relaxing due to the SYNC system and great seating in the front and rear. The SYNC system is amazing when connected to an iPhone and the rest of the interior features are just as pleasing. There is plenty of cargo space and even more with the remote folding rear seats. A lot of room for those weekend skiing trips, gear and all. The engine power is not lacking for the Edge. I have no problems in passing and getting that extra boost of speed when needed. I am a sports car fan, but this vehicle lives up to all of my expectations. I would not trade it for another sports car at the moment."

Best Ride

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"After 36000 miles I have found it to be extremely reliable. The ride is amazing. Lots of power and with the AWD it handles great on snowy roads. The seats are large and roomy. I'm usually driving it...but on those rare occasions I have to ride in the back seat...the pana roof and the amount of leg room is great. Unfortunately, with two car seats in the back seat it is simply NOT a 5 passenger car. Other than that I would purchase another!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25