2012 Ford Edge

Based on 675 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Great!

By on Friday, October 30, 2009

"Bought my '07 SEL as a used "off rental" in 01/08 for $20,000 with 12000 miles. Had a couple minor issues with wheel and pinion seals that were fixed under warranty. Yes the tranny does have a clunk now and again under low starting out RPMs but does not hinder performance. I am a road warrior and now have 60000 miles on it. Average 20 mpg no matter how I drive it. Got 58,000 miles on the original pads and made the dealer change them even though they said they had another 10000 miles wear left. Went with FOMOCO pads so I'm sure I will get 60000 out of these too. I put my own tow package on it and am looking forward to seeing how it handles a loaded 2 place snowmobile trailer. Don't think it will be a problem as it is a heavy vehicle for its size and has TONS of power. AWD is awesome in snow especially when you switch off the traction control (great option)in deep snow. Comfort is unbelievable for a smaller vehicle. I am 6'3" 250 lb and fit pretty good even on long trips. Not as comfy as my Expedition was by any means but I'm getting twice the gas mileage! Buy one...you'll love it. I think you should start with an '08 though when they should have the bugs out."

My Second Edge: The Competition Was Not Even Close

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Pros: "Comfortable, classy, luxurious interior."

"When Ford first introduced the Edge, it was on my bucket list, but not in my price range, nor would it have been practical for my three children and all of their gear. Once I began to experience a nearly empty nest, I took a look at the Edge. My first was a 2012, and it really was love at first drive. Over the two years I owned it, there were NO mechanical issues. My only complaint was the placement of the hazard button immediately below the touch screen, where I frequently set it off. 96,000 miles later, I began to look for a newer vehicle. I looked at comparable SUVs in the same price range, but nothing compared to the class and comfort of the interior of the Edge. Ford fixed the problem with the hazard button, so upon purchase of my 2014, I was pleased to see that it was no longer easy to turn on. The options on the Edge make it truly seem like a luxury vehicle: heated seats and mirrors, multi-function touch screen, and an amazing panoramic sunroof - just to name a few. Ease of access features such as the power liftgate and folding rear seats make the Edge versatile and user-friendly. The pearl exterior is gorgeous, and 20 wheels make this Edge sit a bit higher. I will be hard pressed to find another vehicle that I am as comfortable driving. 38,000 miles have passed, and I have been more than happy with this 2014."

Have had NO problems with this auto.

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Looks GREAT & is fun to drive."

"Driving it is GREAT!!!! Very responsive and has very good get-up-and-go on the highway. Love the Panorama Roof. Seats are very comfortable (but wish could adjust for better Lumbar settings). Has been a VERY GOOD RIDE!!!!"

Overall a very nice vehicle.

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "Hatchback storage area is smaller than anticipated"

"This is he first crossover type vehicle I've ever owned and I have to admit that it is a very comfortable auto with a nice smooth ride. Interior is exceptionally roomy with nice added features for convenience."

Good balance of comfort and economy

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable interior, plenty of cargo space"

"I work on construction and there is plenty of room for my gear in the cargo area. I would not recommend the storage area accessory option, the cover is hard to use-it does not retract as in Explorer model and has to be unhooked and folded. I have been down muddy and rutted roads many times with no problem on the front wheel drive option. Comfortable as a family car as well."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Edge near Honolulu. See local deals