2009 Ford Edge

Based on 679 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Best American Made Value Dollar For Dollar

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Appearance, Style, Room, Handling, Power, Gd ride"

Cons: "Need AWD. Sync isn't as good as it should be."

"This SUV is well made. It is quiet and has agil handling. The instruments are well placed and easily reachable with most of the control on the steering wheel. The backup screen is large and clear with the option of zooming in or out. The instrument controls are easy to see, understand, and use. The ride on this SUV is very good and the seats are comfortable front and back. I highly recommend that if you are a midwestern resident that you opt for the AWD. It has excellent control on snow and wet roads. Over-all I am very happy with this car. The styling and appearance are a plus besides the practicle side. Milage tends to run 22 in the city and 26 on the open road. (Keeping your foot out of it). I have owned or driven most of the popular SUV's near the Edge size. (Jeep GC, GMC, etc). Dollar for dollar, the Edge is the best built and best equipped ride out there. Priced better than the Jeep GC and in line with the new GMC products. I would pick the Ford Edge out of the other offerings."

Worth The Money

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "stability, gas, comfort, technology, sexy"

Cons: "slight bumpy ride on rough rodes"

"I love everything about it.. all cars come with cons. The cons on Edge I can live with like the bumpy ride isn't that bad only on bumpy streets. Any car would be rough riding on a rough street. By far a great buy with the leading technology. This is my 3rd Ford just loving ford."

Love my Edge

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Back door hard to close, lacks backseat cupholders"

"I got my Edge for an amazing price through persistent negotiation - over $8,000 off sticker price, so that always makes it feel even better. I drive a Civic for commuting, and it's ok, but when I get back in my Edge, it's like "ahhhh :)""

Reliable, comfortable and just awesome

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, conveinance, size"

Cons: "gas mileage and voice system"

"My husband and I bought this car a couple years ago after owning a Jaguar and 2 Mercedes. The Ford Edge is the best car we have ever owned. The maintenance is low cost and rare and it is very comfortable for roadtrips. The heated seats are wonderful and the large sunroof is amazing. We have only owned this car about 2 years and already have over 80K miles on it! That's how much we love it."

Best Vehicle I have ever owned

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

"The Edge has completly surpassed my expectations. I bought this car new to replace a truck based SUV. The ride and comfort are great. Lots of rear seat and cargo room. Easily holds 4 sets of golf clubs and more if needed. At 93k miles the car has been touble free, no rattles or squeeks and rides as smooth as when it was new. At idle you cant hear the engine and the transmission still shifts silky smooth."

best car ever

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "comfort"

"we needed a car to accomodate a tall family. The leg room, including the back seat is excellent. Only two other crossovers offered this much leg room, but didn't have a smooth or quiet ride. CD/MP3/Phone/Navigation with sync make entertainment an ease. The kids enjoy having the sun roof open on decent days. Will definately buy another Edge."

Coolest car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

"I have owned several cars - over the last years including various luxury models such as BMW and Infiniti. My husband is a car dealer and we have driven nearly every brand on the market at some point or another. I never thought I'd see myself driving a Ford but this car is amazing! The SYNC system is by far the coolest feature of the car - just push a button and give a command and it changes radio stations, adjusts climate controls, turns your ipod to your favorite song, and navigates. Handles great, gas mileage is decent - I get 21.6 on my 30 min heavy traffic morning commute and about 24 mpg when I travel. Plenty of room in the back for my kids - they love the panoramic roof and the cargo area is spacious - have hauled plenty of items w/no trouble. Nothing currently on the market like the SYNC features - other companies are clammoring to catch up to this but they will have to really step it up to compete with this car. People often stop me at the gas station, parking lot etc...to aks about this car - it's worth a look!!"

Great Car with no Repairs in 55,000 miles

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "Reliabilty, quiet, comfort, features, synch system"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"Have driven this car for three years and had zero repairs--just replaced the tires after 55,000 miles to make sure I'd have good traction in winter snow this season. Average about 25-26 mpg on the highway at 65 mph. Very comfortable, easy to park, quiet, and roomy. The high tech features like the synch system are great and hands free phone works perfectly. Wasn't sure if I would like the power lift gate, but it is great when your hands are full and you're trying to load your car! Handles winter snows with ease. Will buy another Edge when I get a new car."

Beautiful Vehicle...

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "Appearance, Storage, Tech, Comfort and Convenience"

Cons: "Depreciation"

"Bought an '11 Limited in mid-2010 as my wife's replacement for an '03 Accord that was falling apart. The ride, the features, the mileage are all fantastic compared to other cars and cross overs we were looking at. And the vehicle is nice to look at as well. This vehicle needs to last 10 years, but I had a '98 Explorer that easily could have made it 10 years though I put on half the mileage my wife does. The only reason I ditched the Explorer was we were on 8 year intervals for new cars at the time. We are now on 10 year intervals. But I like this Edge so much, I might get one for myself in 4 years. It's very roomy, very comfortable, very high tech (it tells you when it needs an oil change), very stylish, and has good storage in the cargo area."

Cool looking, driving vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Nicest, Finest car Ive ever owned. Lots of bells and whistles. Comfy leather heated seats. Good visibility when driving. Classy lines, Sporty, Roomy easy to put seats up or down in different configureations. I wish it got better gas mileage. 20mpg winter and 21.7 in summer on country roads. About 22 when on on the interstates. Plenty of passing power."

The Edge is an ok car

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Easy to drive and roomy. AWD is a must have."

Cons: "Small seats and too many issues for low milage"

"I have the AWD which is fantastic. I bought this new in 08 and have had the brakes redone at 20,000, wheel bearing replaced, and the hatch back door cylinders replaced. The wheel bearing was under warranty but it would have been 500.00. I now have 36,000 mile and I'm a little nervous about what next. This is a fun car to drive and small enough to get in and out of tight spots. The seats are a little small but it's still a comfortable car. If you want an Edge I would buy one with bells and whistles because it will bring the excitement to the car that it deserves."

My experience with this vehicle has been positive.

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable ride, good gas mileage"

Cons: "A/C vents don't allow good air flow to the driver"

"One thing I would change is the location of the a/c vents on the dash. The driver doesn't get good air flow."

Saved my life!

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Great features, elegant design, sturdy build."

Cons: "Faulty Moon Roof"

"I bought a 2010 Ford Edge and I have been happy with it ever since I drove it off the lot. The only negative thing I can say about my vehicle was that the moon roof stopped working a all together. This vehicle saved my life! I was hit by a concrete truck and I was well protected by this well built vehicle. Thank you Ford! Thank you for saving my life!"

I like it

By on Monday, March 7, 2011

"I have had the edge for 2 weeks now buts its been in the shop for 9 days. The recall on the hub is being fixed. Apparently the front right and back left have recalls on them. A seal on the transmission was fixed as a recall, the washer fluid didnt come out and is being fixed. I really like the suv, it rides like a cadillac. The seats are really comfortable, its sporty, lots of room, love the sliding moon roof, the back up sensors are awsome, its just a really nice ride!!! Gas is good for a suv. If you keep your foot off the gas you get good gas mileage. I would of liked to of gotten the 08 or newer so I could get the sync system but I couldnt afford the payments. It does whant I need it to."

best car ever

By on Monday, September 13, 2010

"I bought the 2008 edge limited the day I retired and gladly turned in my 2007 Chevy company car. Happy day X2. We have driven it over 40,00 miles and never had it in the shop exept for oil changes etc. We get around 22mpg in town and sometimes 27 on the road. The blazing copper is a real eye catcher especially with the women. Ford should bring the color back! Very comfortable and fun to drive especially in our Colorado winters. Drove to San Fransisco in January. All the trucks had to chain up to go over Donner pass. We drove through like it was summer. Wonderful car. Fun to drive."

By on Saturday, December 19, 2009

"Very reliable car...save my life many times specially in winter time in Alaska."

watch out for this

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"bought used 2007 edge with 33,000 miles. Within a week, had transmission trouble with a loud clunking noise periodically. Dealership could never find it, until warranty expired at 37,000 miles. Have had it in the shop more than driven it to date (1 year later)....for the transmission. Finally they took transmission apart and replaced broken seals and gaskets...and then had to fight with Ford to have them cover it...which they wouldn't - saying it was out of warranty time. Even after this repair, car STILL clunks and Ford won't do anything about it. This vehicle's been our wost ever...between the transmission and dealership and Ford, never never never again!!! 2007 Transmissions have problems...first year this vehicle made..."

Smoothest Drive Ever

By on Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Our 2007 Ford Edge is the smoothest driving car we have ever owned. It is also very quiet. It's stylish and roomy for four people and luggage. Great integrated nav and DVD system. I would definitely recommend it. Several notes. Our transmission has done a few odd things. the dealer tested it. It hasn't done anything lately. It almost appears as if it tries t anticipate a person's driving style. I wish the combined 19 mpg was a little better. The doors close with a little tinny sound."

Resale value

By on Friday, November 21, 2008

"It is a wonderful vehicle to own and drive, but has a poor resale value. As much as the vehicle cost new and the great style and dependability it has with all the options it has available, it should hold its value much better then it currently does."

Wow! Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"My Limited Edge rides great and looks great. I have had no quality issues after 4400 miles and find it to be a pleasure to drive. The interior looks great and is extremely comfortable. Controls are easy to use and the SYNC is great. The vista roof is very nice. Performance is very good and mileage is ok. The cargo capacity is fine and the fold down rear seat buttons are really nice, Overall...love the vehicle. I thougt the price without Ford incentives was a little high. With the incentives it became our new vehicle. Good job Ford!!!"

Great vehicle

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"Great car for the money. Fuel economy could be better, but not bad. Only complaint is the wheels - Ford went cheap on the 20" upgrade and used a two-piece wheel instead of solid aluminum. Looks cheap. Also they have a recall on those wheels because the outer cover starts to separate from the inside. Dealer has been good a replacing them. Love the nav, bt phone, and sat radio. Moonroof is great also!"

I love it!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"I have had this cuv for one year. I recieved this car for my 30th birthday -AND I LOVE IT!! I have 3 kids..15, 11, and 3-they all fit fine! you can also fit 3 carseats if you need to! I had to give up my beloved mustang for a minivan 6 years ago, and thought that I would never fall in love again with a car...well I was wrong, if I can't have my mustang than having the Edge is the next best thing!!! It's awesome on the highway and great in the snow! Buy it, You'll love it!!!"

Better than you think!

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"Had the Edge for a week. A little over 200 miles on it. It's super comfortable. Has Knock-out looks, and drives as good as any new car I've purchased. I've had 81 in my life. Nav system, Sirius Radio, Chrome wheels, and the large, front/back sun roof. Takes a little time to get used to the noise the engine makes starting out, but is reasonable when you up and running. Seats more confortable than my 06 Avalon. gas mileage hopefully inproves. Best looking SUV Ford has marketed in quite awhile. Dealers aren't acting like sales are slow, they still have a non-caring attitude."

Love the Edge

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"We looked at all the crossover vehicles and dickered around with all of them. Olathe Ford gave us a great deal, we absolutely love it. We had a Windstar and wife wanted another but she fell in love with this and likes it a lot better. Wish it made a little better mileage but can live with it. We really get about 20 in all types of driving but that is still better than the Marano and others of the same type (crossover). We love it and highly recomend it. The room in the backseat is surprisingly good. Overall we just could not be happier with it and ford gave us 2.9 financing which beats the heck out of anything Toyota, Nissan, and Honda could do. Great overall value I thought."

This car has maintained great power.

By on Sunday, December 20, 2015

Pros: "Love the body contour of car"

Cons: "Back Door is alittle snug for setting in car seat"

"The car rides great. Has good pickup in the acceleration and is extremely comfortable for driving distance. I especially recommend the heated seats. It is therapeutic for the back. I have no complaints or disappointments for all the years i have driven it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Edge near Honolulu. See local deals