2009 Ford Edge

Based on 670 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

This is by far the best vehicle we have ever owned

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"Comfort and convenience on this SUV is unreal. We travel over 1600 miles (round trip) to Florida each year and never feel uncomfortable. The adaptive cruise, blind spot information system and crash avoidance alert almost seems like it is on auto-pilot. We bought this car new and other than a few updates with SYNC, have never had any problems with it. Very smooth ride and plenty of power. We would definitely buy another one."

I love, love, love my 2010 Ford Edge Limited!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Excellent comfort and reliability. Classy look."

"Have owned this car now for 4 1/2 years and still in love with it. No problems with it mechanically or otherwise. Bought it for comfort and it has not let me down. Plenty of leg room and cargo room. Replacing the tires for the first time in next few months. The only complaint that I can think of would be a "squeak in the driver seatbelt mechanism" and that only happens when the seatbelt is in locked position and you are on uneven driving surfaces. Would give it a perfect 10 rating, but I haven't driven every car out there yet. But by far, this Edge and my old 2006 Ford F150 Super Crew have been the best. Can't beat Ford's comfort and reliability in their quality vehicles (and I'm an Ex-3-time Chevrolet Silverado owner!)"

Enjoy this car very much

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "good value for nice looking car!"

Cons: "Wish it turned a little tighter."

"7 years old and still lookin' good. I sometimes sit back and look at this vehicle and think "That's a really good looking car!" It's been in my possession 4 years and has been a very reliable and good car. Very versatile and I'm still in love with my chocolate leather seats. Roomy and comfy ride."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Build quality, fit-n-finish, electronics, roomy"

Cons: "Mileage"

"The fit and finish on the Edge is excellent. It drive's quiet, excellent power and acceleration even in mountain driving. The My Ford electronic's package is wonderful and integrated my phone and iPod seamlessly. My mileage is exactly what they estimated 21 ish, sometimes a bit higher on the highway. It would be nice if it was a bit higher, but I am sure part of that is because the vehicle is built so solid. I test drove a number of other CUV's and they felt flimsy or "hollow." I am VERY pleased with this vehicle!"

A good quality vehicle that has good looks.

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Ride, Quiet Interior, Vista Moon Roof"

"A good looking vehicle that is quality built. Have had no problems. Took it on many trips . Has no third row seat that takes away from the second row seating, which when you are a taller person, it means you will have more leg room in the second row. It is one of the smoothest and quietest vehicles I know for highway driving. Fit and finish is very good as is comfort. Wife and I are so happy with the Edge that we have a 2013 Edge on order."

really enjoy this car

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "great car"

"I have always been a Ford driver, however I really like my edge. My family has grown and all 5 seats are being used, 2 for twin infants, and we fit just fine. It has great trunk space and car width. The car rides wonderful and has a good sound system. I do not have the sync, just refuse to pay for it, but I was able to hook up my ipod using a car line that cost $13. It does not have a usb port, but an external one was really cheap. I do a lot of highway driving and it has not had any problems. I am able to fit a twin stroller in the trunk along with groceries and shopping for 5 people (usually tons of bags). When you drop the back seats you can fit just about anything. Great car. I wish it came with a third row and the generous trunk space."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "fun and easy to drive, seating is comfortable and tons of leg room even in the back"

Cons: "The ac vents in the back do not have their own control."

"I love my car! I test drove one and fell in love with the car. I ended up buying mine without even test driving it but it was such a good deal I couldn't turn it down. I do think there are a few things they could have done better but I know the newer models have already addressed those issues and that is the plastic feel in the dash area. They have upgraded the materials so they have a nicer look and feel. The car drives so well. I do not live in an area where it snows but we had a freak snow storm two winters ago and i had to drive on a high bridge covered in snow (I was trying to beat the time before the closed it). There was no way to avoid the snow piling up due to the other traffic and as soon as my car ran over a pile of it the traction control kicked in immediately. I have never felt so safe in a car."

Great car

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Love it"

"WE HAVE A 2009 edge and we LOVE it. It is quiet and fun to drive. On open highways most of the time you cant even hear it running. Great car and would buy another one in future."

Great Buy

By on Monday, July 25, 2011

"I Bought this car because i wanted a spacious, comfortable upper-midsize crossover and i couldn't afford a Lexus RX350. So far, I have no regrets. I love my Edge because it does a fantastic job of taking my two children to their various activities and it's a great commuter car. It's also a good roadtrip car because it will hold a decent amount of luggage. I haven't had any mechanical problems with my car so far and the interior quality is exceptional as well. I definately think that my next car will be the new 2011 Edge."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"I recently purchase a 2008 Edge AWD and couldn't be happier. I was very reluctant at first to give up my Mazda 6, but with terrible winter I felt it was time to give up the fun car and get something more practical. The more I drive the more I love it. I have already forgotten about the 6. AWD is great in the snow. Its fun to drive and ride is smooth. Love the vista sun roof! Sync is sweet! I was a little disappointed with the audio, but replaced with new Pioneers and now sounds awesome. I highly recommend this vehicle. Must buy!"

Nice car but with a few issues

By on Saturday, January 9, 2010

"My wife and I purchase our 2007 Edge used. It had 26,000 miles on it when we purchased and at 30,000 I noticed the chrome wheel were corroding. I took it into the dealership and at 34,000, they replaced all four wheels under warranty. Its hard to beleive the wheels went bad that soon. Also, I had to have a trim piece replaced under warranty on the rear glass window. Very neat vehicle though."

Great Performer

By on Saturday, December 19, 2009

"I've had this car for 16 months and 18000 miles and the car performs perfectly. Only expense is routine maintainence. I would recommend this vehicle to all my friends. Heated seats a plus in the cold northeast."

Another winner from Ford

By on Sunday, December 13, 2009

"After having 5 Explores, I wanted a vehicle a bit smaller. I also wanted the combination push button door lock which no other car has. After a test drive I was sold, great ride and plenty of room for my fishing gear. My only compliant is the seats are hard and small. The head rest on the seats are angled to much and polk the back of your head. Over all it is a fun car to drive."

Excellent vehicle

By on Friday, October 2, 2009

"I traded my 2007 Toyota Tacoma in on a 2008 Ford Edge Limited with 13K miles on it. Interior is very stylish, leather seats a plus and enjoy the SYNC very much. Have the vista roof and sometimes which I didn't do to the road noise. The road noise and sometimes the transmission oddness that happens are the only complaints I have. Gas mileage is decent, comfort is great, room enough for the four of us taking long trips..leg room is awesome..over all quality is good."

Love it !!

By on Monday, October 20, 2008

"I bought this Brand-new, I added all the options I possibly could. I traded a big luggy Trailblazer for this sleek cross-over. I would never go back. And I am not sure how fast all these other drivers drive, but I get 18-20 city & 28-33 hwy. Handles and drives nice. If you buy one - you have to get the Vist-Roof!!!"

Great Value for the $$

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Only 2000 miles on it and i couple of 300 mile trips. It is a comfortable, safe, and sexy car. Wifes loves to drive it all the time, so I spend time as a passenger. Lots of room, versatility, and spirit. I haven;t had a Ford in 10 years- I have bought Japanese and German, but if this is their 'way forward; it is the RIGHT direction"

GAS PERFORMANCE

By on Saturday, June 23, 2007

"HAVE NOT SEEN THE NUMBERS THE MANUFACTUROR SAID WE WE GET BUT DIDN'T BUY VEHICLE FOR THAT PURPOSE BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE BETTER PERFORMANCE. LOVE THE COLOR AND THE COMFORT. PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS GIVING IT A SECOND LOOK."

This is the very best vehicle I have ever owned!!!

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Love..fun to drive and looks sharp on the road"

Cons: "I have NO cons... sorry but I don't"

"I have always traded every 2-3 years and have always been ready to trade..since I've had this 2009 Edge Limited, I have been so very satisfied that I have not wanted to part with it. I am considering a trade only now due to the mileage being 86,000 but I'm still wavering because I simply LOVE MY RIDE!!! This is an honest evaluation and anyone that knows me personally, knows how much I do love it. Very reliable, easy to drive, very comfortable and just wonderful.... :)"

Great value, great ride, great all around vehicle.

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "Rides like a car w/ the interior space of an SUV."

Cons: "Wiring for trailer is cumbersome."

"I have driven my Edge on many long trips. It provides a comfortable ride, excellent view of the road, gets respectible gas mileage (22 mpg), and I love the Travel Link feature. It provides weather maps which are very helpful when driving during storms and fuel prices along my travel route.GPS is equally useful. I've only experienced one vehicle problem while on the road. Had the car towed to a Ford garage nearby where it was repaired under warranty and I was back on the road after a 2 hr. delay. The Pirelli tires that came with the car lasted 60,000 miles!!"

Love owning this car

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "comfortable and very roomy, good ride, solid"

Cons: "not good mpg, no assist handle for front passenger"

"I drove a step van for 30 years for work and loved the high seat driving position, which I find to be more comfortable for me. As a crossover, the Edge combined the best of a car and truck. It is solid on the road with very good get up and go. I feel I have very good command of the road. I've only had routine maintenance work done on it. Occasionally, there is a shifting problem that had been improved by calibrating a transmission sensor, but I find it occurring once again. The original tires lasted me 51,000 miles and I just had brakes done at 72,000 miles. It is very comfortable to drive and passengers have complimented the backseat ride. BIG drawback is gas mileage, 18-19 mpg and doesn't get much better on the highway. I would recommend it with caution about the MPG."

the best I have ever driven

By on Monday, November 4, 2013

Pros: "awesome in, comfort and drivability unsurpassed"

"after 35 years in the car business and hundreds of demos, this is my favorite vehicle, hands down. My last demo was a Lincoln Navigator and I like the Edge LTD more."

Best American Made Value Dollar For Dollar

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Appearance, Style, Room, Handling, Power, Gd ride"

Cons: "Need AWD. Sync isn't as good as it should be."

"This SUV is well made. It is quiet and has agil handling. The instruments are well placed and easily reachable with most of the control on the steering wheel. The backup screen is large and clear with the option of zooming in or out. The instrument controls are easy to see, understand, and use. The ride on this SUV is very good and the seats are comfortable front and back. I highly recommend that if you are a midwestern resident that you opt for the AWD. It has excellent control on snow and wet roads. Over-all I am very happy with this car. The styling and appearance are a plus besides the practicle side. Milage tends to run 22 in the city and 26 on the open road. (Keeping your foot out of it). I have owned or driven most of the popular SUV's near the Edge size. (Jeep GC, GMC, etc). Dollar for dollar, the Edge is the best built and best equipped ride out there. Priced better than the Jeep GC and in line with the new GMC products. I would pick the Ford Edge out of the other offerings."

Worth The Money

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "stability, gas, comfort, technology, sexy"

Cons: "slight bumpy ride on rough rodes"

"I love everything about it.. all cars come with cons. The cons on Edge I can live with like the bumpy ride isn't that bad only on bumpy streets. Any car would be rough riding on a rough street. By far a great buy with the leading technology. This is my 3rd Ford just loving ford."

Love my Edge

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Back door hard to close, lacks backseat cupholders"

"I got my Edge for an amazing price through persistent negotiation - over $8,000 off sticker price, so that always makes it feel even better. I drive a Civic for commuting, and it's ok, but when I get back in my Edge, it's like "ahhhh :)""

Reliable, comfortable and just awesome

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, conveinance, size"

Cons: "gas mileage and voice system"

"My husband and I bought this car a couple years ago after owning a Jaguar and 2 Mercedes. The Ford Edge is the best car we have ever owned. The maintenance is low cost and rare and it is very comfortable for roadtrips. The heated seats are wonderful and the large sunroof is amazing. We have only owned this car about 2 years and already have over 80K miles on it! That's how much we love it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Edge near Honolulu. See local deals