2008 Ford Edge

Based on 677 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

I LOVE MY EDGE

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Great Features, and keyless start"

Cons: "Price is high"

"I love the comfort level and all the great features. The panoramic vista roof is a great feature and I actually fine myself using it more than I ever though I would. The Ford SYNC is a great feature. The best feature of the car is the hands free feature. There is ample leg room in the rear seats and plenty of room to get in and out. The power lift gate is a must for me and I have thoroughly enjoyed having it. The HID headlamps give the exterior of the car a nice touch. I love the new front end on the EDGE. It looks better than the older models. Overall I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a crossover."

excellent vehicle

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "fun features, easy to drive, great drivability"

Cons: "a bit pricier than other SUV's but worth it"

"I came from another crossover SUV and bought the Edge in the middle of winter. I can't even begin to describe the difference in driving ability from my previous car to this one. Complete night and day. Handles excellently in snow, slush, and ice. Incredibly quiet and comfortable ride. Lots of interior space making it comfortable for long distance driving. Lots of fun little features, too, like the customizable ambient lighting. I also use bluetooth quite frequently and I am impressed with how little outside noise you hear. Would recommend over and over again! LOVE LOVE LOVE"

best all around car, right size

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"Most convenient vehicle I ever owned. Comfortable with smooth drive, easy to get in and out, plenty cargo space, just right size. One of the best all around vehicle with many available extra options"

Very good vehicle

By on Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pros: "Like the everready bunny, it keeps going and going"

Cons: "blind spot"

"This has been one of the best cars I've owned. For the first 90000 miles we used this car to pull a 2500 lb trailer from city to city. Our workers abused it, reaching towing speeds of 98 mph according to our gps, yet the car didn't complain. After retiring from the circuit, it has been our daily driver, for both local and long distance trips. The transmission is finally getting balky, and I'm probably going to replace it and continue to drive this car. It still doesn't burn any oil, and has no other mechanical issues I'm aware of. We get 24 mpg at ordinary highway speeds. The interior is now showing a little wear, especially around the gear shift/cupholder area, where that plastic covering always wears. The seat fabric is still like-new. This car has surprising power, enough to tow our trailer without acting like it was overloaded, and without having the drive train die despite unbelievably hard effort. The only negatives I have about this car are that it has a large blind spot, and the hood is high enough compared to front seat levels to interfere with forward curb vision on occasion (even though I am over six ft tall). Also, sych proved to not be for us, it just about drove us crazy, so we have not used it."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 5, 2007

"My son bought an Edge about 6 months ago and has really liked the vehicle. He has not had one problem with it. Because of all the safety features, styling and gas milage I decided to buy an Edge for my college age daughter. Her college is 400 miles from home and she makes several trips home during the school year. She will be much safer in the Edge than her previous car. Plus she loves the car and so do many of her friends. When my wife and I are ready for a new car we will take a close look at the Edge. Ford has done a very good job with the Edge."

By on Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Pros: "Most reliable car I've ever owned."

Cons: "Road noise higher that I'd like."

"No problems what so ever! Bought it new. Everything still works as new. Performed all the routine maintenance at the dealer, but that's it. Car handles nice and has plenty of power. Lots of room. Added a tow bar to pull a trailer for my riding lawn mower. Pulls it with ease. Just a great car. When I get over 100K miles I'll hand it down to my daughter and get a new one. Minor complaint: road noise is higher than I'd like."

Fun SUV for the Money with Lots of Extras

By on Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pros: "Great price, gas mileasge, style, stereo, power.."

Cons: "Seats could be more comfortable"

"Overall a great SUV. I traded my Lexus RX 350 in for it because I wanted something sportier, better gas mileage, way more options, much better stereo, more fun to drive, cheaper and I got it with the Edge. The only thing the Lexus had better was the comfort of the seats and better/softer leather.."

My Favorite Vehicle Thus Far

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Pros: "pretty, HUGE sunroof"

Cons: "needs: more air vents, more cupholders"

"My Ford Edge Limited edition has been my favorite by far! It's a 2008 but EVERYONE has always thought it was a brand new model. It looks so nice inside and out (rivals many high end competitors) I have the pearl white with black leather interior which is just beautiful to me. My Husband is a mechanic and has commented on how nice it rides, drives and sounds (virtually silent!) and how little he has ever had to work on it other than general maintenance."

This vehicle has been a great SUV for me.

By on Thursday, August 4, 2016

Pros: "Very comfortable and reliable."

Cons: "N/A"

"The 2009 Ford Edge has been a great SUV. I was involved in two accidents and the Edge kept me safe. Love the look and comfort. I have had pretty good luck in regards to maintenance as well. Very minimal problems. I take very good care of my vehicle and it has paid off."

Excellent overall value - luxury brand features

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Pros: "Great value, luxury features without the price"

"I'm not a brand loyal car buyer. My wife and I looked at Honda, Toyota, Ford, GM and even Lexus. The Ford was superior in almost every feature category (including comparison to the Lexus). The MyFord Touch was the most advanced system of any brand and works very well. I had heard complaints about MyFord Touch regarding its ease of use but I don't understand those complaints at all. The interior is very comfortable on long rides and the quality of the interior is excellent. I wasn't very excited about buying a "CUV" but with kids it was the practical choice. The most surprising part is how much I enjoy driving it. The powertrain is impressive (3.5L) at almost 300 hp. The car moves and still averages city/hwy combo over 23 mpg and I don't have a light foot. I also tow a couple trailers around 2,000lb and it handles them fine. I'm only at 55,000 miles but I haven't had a single issue. I haven't even had a light bulb burn out. Ford really impressed me with the Edge/Explorer combo and I felt like it was more competitive with the much higher priced Lexus than the comparable GM/Toyota counterparts. So far the reliability is flawless. The only thing I'm not completely sold on is the exterior styling but that's just a personal preference. I think anyone that's looking for a well rounded, well equipped vehicle will find the Edge to be a very convincing offering."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Edge near Honolulu. See local deals