2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid

8.4

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Zippy little car

By on Sunday, June 18, 2017

Pros: "Mileage, Comfort, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Not enough storage in the front (Design dimensions"

"I purchased this vehicle for two reasons: 1) Mileage 2) Ability to tow behind RV and use when travelling. The vehicle gets great mileage (I am averaging almost 70 MPG my first 60 days. The vehicle has plenty of leg room for a tall driver, sits high on the road, is zippy and nimble, and in all a pleasure to drive. My only complaint is lack of storage in the front (not rear). The storage compartment is not big enough to fit cds or other such items (it is deep, but too narrow), and there are no areas in front other than cup holders to place anything."

Best VH I have ever had

By on Monday, June 12, 2017

Pros: "Economical Power"

Cons: "not as much room as a full size van"

"Bought car 2013 drove through sequoia mountains and back to Florida. SEL leather is hard to beat for upkeep. Comfortable easy to clean. Very efficient. If we drive around town we get upper 40s mpg if we take it out on the highway and push it (speed) the mpg lowers for two reasons. a.less efficient wind drag at 80 plus Mile per hour. b. the hybrid system never has a chance to cycle at speeds higher than 85 so 37 MPG is the best you can get in long hauls on the open road. Around town (depending on how hard you try to get good mileage, you can get 50 MPG but if you forget about it and just drive its around 45 MPG However when we drive to the mountains Ashville, NC I notice the mileage gets better for some reason. guess the hybrid cycles more often. Comfort Quite Economical lots of room for a family of 3 Oh yah forgot to say that when you need to get up and go... It passes any other hybrid very easily. Very surprising power and speed. No other hybrid will com close."

Great Little Car

By on Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Pros: "Great handling, comfort, and fun"

Cons: "None so far"

"The C-Max rides, drives, and handles like a big car. It is extremely quiet and comfortable on long trips. Excels in mountain or interstate driving. I have driven mine on several trips of 2000 miles through mountains and interstates. The hybrid systems work without any noticeable change from gasoline to battery, just an amusing display. Mileage is as high as 64 mpg on short trips around town and up to 55 on highway stretches."

I shopped 5 years far a car with enough value

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Ride, mileage, makes me happy to see traffic(!)"

Cons: "minor software idiosyncrasies"

"I did a lottt of research before plunking down thousands of dollars to buy my C-max, so was aware of the possibility that I might not get the full 47mpg claimed, and still I love this car even on the trips I don't achieve that mpg, and there are lots of trips I get a lot more than 47. My record is 82mpg. The main reason I chose the C-max over the Prius is the ride- I sometimes have back pain from all the driving I do, and the Prius's suspension is way too tight and hard, it would feel like being kicked in the butt all day long. I've been driving the C-max for 10 months with no back pain. There are lots of reasons to love the C-max, the active noise cancellation that makes the car as quiet as a luxury car (and not incidentally also shuts out the obnoxious bad music losers insist on playing at neighborhood disturbing volume levels) the automatic parallel park is brilliant, the space and size of the vehicle is excellent, especially for those who drive a lot and will be getting in and out of it all day. Which makes it even more baffling that the Prius's suspension is so punishing... And the center control panel of the Prius looks like it's covered with warts, (ugh) plus the actual physical controls of the C-max are better looking and much easier to use. I had the hatchback unreliability, but that has been fixed by a software update, and now works 100% of the time. The back-up camera with parking guidance lines that show you where the car will end up have made me back in to all parking spaces now because it's so much easier... fortunately, people are catching on to the back-up camera concept so that only one person in 10 months has tried to park in the space I was backing into. And it has power to spare, you're not locked into eco-hybrid-boring driving only, you can tear it up if you want/need to. And the voice control of everything, including the temp/climate, is great, and safer than looking down to control things."

Great car and great mpg's

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Price, Style, Great MPG's and Great fun."

Cons: "None so far."

"Recently traded in my 13.7 mpg Jeep for the C-Max and couldn't be happier. Not even worn in and still averaging around 43 mpg to work and back. Mpg's do drop in the morning when it is cool out. Gas engine works harder for the heater and to warm up the engine. I am heavy footed, but easily can keep it in the electric mode while crusing. Trip computer very helpful and keeps you in the right zone for efficent driving. Shop around and you can score a deal. purchased a SE with 202a package for under $23,300. Can't beat the price for the quality and gas savings. For a small car, it feels much larger while driving. This car has the power you need when you need it. Test drove a Prius prior to purchasing and almost gave up on Hybrids due to the wimpiness shown by the prius. Glad I didn't as this car has everything I need from daily commuter to weekend fun. Looking to drive and save $$ for long time."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford C-MAX Hybrid near Honolulu. See local deals