2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid

8.4

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

A Pleasant Surprise

By on Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Honestly - none"

"Fantastic mileage (42.8), great pickup, and smooth handling. Back seats fold flat for the occasional need to carry large loads. Instrument layout easy to read. Some controls such as radio arent intuitive but easily learned. Dual nav screens make it easy to switch between functions. Overall - Id do it again :-)"

I shopped 5 years far a car with enough value

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Ride, mileage, makes me happy to see traffic(!)"

Cons: "minor software idiosyncrasies"

"I did a lottt of research before plunking down thousands of dollars to buy my C-max, so was aware of the possibility that I might not get the full 47mpg claimed, and still I love this car even on the trips I don't achieve that mpg, and there are lots of trips I get a lot more than 47. My record is 82mpg. The main reason I chose the C-max over the Prius is the ride- I sometimes have back pain from all the driving I do, and the Prius's suspension is way too tight and hard, it would feel like being kicked in the butt all day long. I've been driving the C-max for 10 months with no back pain. There are lots of reasons to love the C-max, the active noise cancellation that makes the car as quiet as a luxury car (and not incidentally also shuts out the obnoxious bad music losers insist on playing at neighborhood disturbing volume levels) the automatic parallel park is brilliant, the space and size of the vehicle is excellent, especially for those who drive a lot and will be getting in and out of it all day. Which makes it even more baffling that the Prius's suspension is so punishing... And the center control panel of the Prius looks like it's covered with warts, (ugh) plus the actual physical controls of the C-max are better looking and much easier to use. I had the hatchback unreliability, but that has been fixed by a software update, and now works 100% of the time. The back-up camera with parking guidance lines that show you where the car will end up have made me back in to all parking spaces now because it's so much easier... fortunately, people are catching on to the back-up camera concept so that only one person in 10 months has tried to park in the space I was backing into. And it has power to spare, you're not locked into eco-hybrid-boring driving only, you can tear it up if you want/need to. And the voice control of everything, including the temp/climate, is great, and safer than looking down to control things."

Just bought a brand new leftover 2013

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"Just bought a brand new (leftover) 2013 C-Max SE. Very impressed with the firm seating, head and leg room, visibility, and power to drive in the mountains of Vermont. While I expected the gas mileage to be low for a hybrid, (35 - 38 MPG at 70 MPH on the interstate). The C-Max exceeds my expectations(getting 42 - 44 mpg on 2 lane roads at 40 - 50 MPH). Figuring the difference in gas mileage and with gas currently at $2.50 per gallon, should save about one third of the price of the C-Max in the reduction of my fuel bill. (Will save even more when gas goes up again.)"

Great car and great mpg's

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Price, Style, Great MPG's and Great fun."

Cons: "None so far."

"Recently traded in my 13.7 mpg Jeep for the C-Max and couldn't be happier. Not even worn in and still averaging around 43 mpg to work and back. Mpg's do drop in the morning when it is cool out. Gas engine works harder for the heater and to warm up the engine. I am heavy footed, but easily can keep it in the electric mode while crusing. Trip computer very helpful and keeps you in the right zone for efficent driving. Shop around and you can score a deal. purchased a SE with 202a package for under $23,300. Can't beat the price for the quality and gas savings. For a small car, it feels much larger while driving. This car has the power you need when you need it. Test drove a Prius prior to purchasing and almost gave up on Hybrids due to the wimpiness shown by the prius. Glad I didn't as this car has everything I need from daily commuter to weekend fun. Looking to drive and save $$ for long time."

Liked it from day one.

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing yet"

"Purchased the SEL in October with everything but the glass roof. Had a PC clich that Ford Engineers seem to have worked out. Drove 20 miles today, both city and interstate and averaged above 50 mpg. Couldn't do that prior to the PC fix. Love the ease of entry to the drivers seat. Easiest entry/exit vehicle that I have owned ever. Been driving for 55 years. Love the foot operated tailgate, heated seats, great forward windshield visibility, backup camera and side and rear sensors. Accelation is great. Tried Prius and Prius V. Glad I waited for this one. Fun to drive. Had Car in dealership for many days. Ford provided loaner while Engineers studied problem with PC. Protection mode canceled accelerator pedal and vehicle would self accelerate to 35mph by itself. Engineers came up with fix and car is performing better than at first. Fuel mileage increased because of the fix."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford C-MAX Hybrid near Honolulu. See local deals