• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,912 - $24,537.

8.2

Based on 37 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Liked it from day one.

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing yet"

"Purchased the SEL in October with everything but the glass roof. Had a PC clich that Ford Engineers seem to have worked out. Drove 20 miles today, both city and interstate and averaged above 50 mpg. Couldn't do that prior to the PC fix. Love the ease of entry to the drivers seat. Easiest entry/exit vehicle that I have owned ever. Been driving for 55 years. Love the foot operated tailgate, heated seats, great forward windshield visibility, backup camera and side and rear sensors. Accelation is great. Tried Prius and Prius V. Glad I waited for this one. Fun to drive. Had Car in dealership for many days. Ford provided loaner while Engineers studied problem with PC. Protection mode canceled accelerator pedal and vehicle would self accelerate to 35mph by itself. Engineers came up with fix and car is performing better than at first. Fuel mileage increased because of the fix."

I just bought my C-Max and LOVE it!

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, great MPG, great handling, American Made"

Cons: "Haven't found any yet!"

"I have been a die hard Saturn fan for years but recently took a new job and have to commute 100 miles a day. I researched hybrids and drove Prius, Honda Civic and the C Max and the C Max beat out all the rest hands down! It's classy, stylish, comfortable, handles great and has great umph! Mileage is good, not quite to what's posted but it's increasing daily as the car is broken in. I think Ford has hit this one out of the park! I was also very happy to find a great hybrid that is American made from a company that stayed strong through all the financial crisis. Go Ford! I'm very happy with my new car!"

Love this car

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Great mpg, sits higher than Prius"

"Im getting 48 mpg in mixed driving, town, country roads and highway. Very comfortable interior. Im 5'3" so really appreciate the telescoping steering wheel and adjustable height seat. 6 ft friend had lots of leg room and head room. Definitely recommend this car. And love the fact that it is an American car."

Traded in my Prius for C-max

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "Sits up higher than most cars, nice conveniences."

Cons: "no opening sun-roof option,"

"I was driving a Prius lease for the past 3 years. Loved the fuel economy on it, but wanted something fuel efficient, something that sat up a little higher than the Prius (although that wasn't bad), and a little more comfortable on our frequent trips. The Prius V looked like a station wagon to me, and really didn't sit up any higher, just had a larger cargo area. Not what we wanted. Although we are still in the "break-in" period, because we were used to driving a hybrid, we are averaging 40mpg so far. Considering it is still cold out (where is early Spring anyway?), we were only getting about 43mpg on the Prius in winter because of winter fuel and heating the engine. That said, we are happy with the mileage so far, as this IS a heavier vehicle, and I LOVE the SUV look of this car. It sits up high enough that I can look eye-to-eye with most SUV's which is great!"

Finally, A Hybrid That Drives Like A Real Vehicle

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, technology-rich, quiet, roomy, mpg"

Cons: "MyFord Touch slightly wonky, small storage in back"

"Hybrid vehicles like the Toyota Prius have gained a well-earned reputation for being gentle at the pump but somewhat rough to drive, especially up hills or at high speeds. The Ford C-Max Hybrid steps into the void and does a terrific job blending excellent fuel economy with a ride that doesn't punish you for trying to save on gas. Acceleration is brisk and immediate, while the steering comfortably grips the road with a sporty flair. On uphill jaunts the engine won't whine or strain, although fuel economy will obviously dip. Due to a generous amount of headroom and excellent interior placement, the ride feels open and free to an almost luxurious degree. The backseat also features lots of headroom, although longer-limbed individuals may be glad the front seats can be pulled a long ways forward. The cargo area is slightly undersized with the backseats up and somewhat more ample with them down, although it offers more than enough storage space for the typical shopping or vacation excursion. The automatic rear liftgate will almost immediately become a favorite feature, as it as proved its usefulness repeatedly for me since I often have to carry heavy computing machinery to my vehicle. Not having to fish for my keys or struggle to reach a handle has made this task much, much easier. The technology system that came with my SEL trim is also an enjoyable trait, as it features a deep and vibrant reporting system that can tell you almost anything you want to know about the sate of the vehicle, from fuel economy and vehicle health to the current satellite radio station, track and artist, all at the press of a button. The most important feedback the car will give you through the gorgeous LCD displays integrated into the dash is the customizable mileage and energy expenditure gauges. If you are observant of the car's realtime reporting you can reach and exceed the EPA mileage ratings, although typical, heavy-footed drivers will likely average closer to 40 MPGs rather than the EPA-rated 47. My car included the latest version of the Ford MyTouch system designed by Microsoft, and featured voice commands (which you prompt through a switch on the steering wheel) that generally did a good job understanding typical English. The rearview camera system would also show on the large 8.4" center screen that housed the MyTouch computer. While some people may get confused by the deep menu of commands available to them in the MyFord Touch system, I had a good experience with it since I have a technology background. The ability to direct the navigation system to a new destination by voice commands worked well, and the ability to tell the car which MP3s to play off of my USB thumbdrive by name or artist was a joy to use. Overall, the 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid is an excellent car that finally marries an above-average driving experience with the fuel economy of much more spartan cars. If you're looking for a stylish, feature-filled car that can actually pull its own weight without hurting you at the pump, this vehicle has to be at the top of a very exclusive list."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25