Transaction Data

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/7.9

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Great car with benefits...

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "MPGs, baby....I can go weeks without filling up"

Cons: "no spare change holder or drawer...pain in butt"

"I've actually leased this vehicle for just over one year (didn't want to buy technology that's changing so rapidly) and I have to say it's really fantastic. I tend to be an early adopter, but not reflexively so; I'm often drawn to stuff that hasn't caught on yet in popular culture but that just makes sense to me in a way that other options do not. That's what intrigued me about the C-Max and made the Prius a non-starter for me (though I also needed a vehicle big enough to fit a double-bass, which was another strike against the Prius). The C-Max's interior is very nice, filled with beautiful sunlight (I got the huge glass roof), very roomy, and comfortable. Nice console (some complain about complexity....I think it's great), very good sound system, great voice activated commands and GPS nav system, great performance metrics display options. But the real thrill is the car's efficiency...I just love getting 150+ MPGe on many local, shorter trips (all electric driving) and averaging over 60 MPGe overall. Having put over 20k miles on the car in a year, I've saved thousands of $ in fuel expense. In fact, my wife's car, which gets about 20 MPG, cost over $3200 in gas last year while I drove 5k more miles than she did and spent less than $900 on gas. I'm definitely a convert to the electric/hybrid technology and can't imagine going back to a gas-powered vehicle."

awesome vehicle

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "fantastic mpg"

"I traded in my Prius to get this car and made a great decision in doing so. My MPGe is 167.6 and my overall MPG is 188.4. I drive 94% EV with a driving score of 94 and a braking score of 97. I expect a dramatic decrease in MPG with Winter beginning soon. The driving experience is excellent. It is very comfortable. The quality and features of the car are superb. Voice commands work excellent and comprehensive. There have been 2 recalls already and both were fixed. I have not been able to determine reliability due to low miles, but after 3,700 mile miles I still get 28 EV miles per charge in the city. Using cruise control ups one's efficiency a lot. I only charge 7 KWH for a completely depleted battery and it takes 5 hours to charge all the way up. This car blows the doors off my Prius in every category and it is much greener. Driving my Prius 3,700 miles would have produced 2 tons more CO2 emitted and used 52 more gallons of gas according to MyFordMobile's software calculations. I log on to my computer and get detailed reports about my driving effciency and energy usage via a sattelite link up with my car. I also control charging from my computer or smart phone. The overall experience gives one complete control over how green one drives. Even how well you have been braking. This car is night and day better than my 3 previous Prius'. The reviewer who thinks a Prius Plug In is cheaper than an Energi did not shop in my neighborhood. And the Energi has 2 to 3 times the EV range."

Best Plugin Hybrid; Delivers advertised mpg.

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "awesome gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "It's turned me into a electric car freak. :("

"The Energi; What a fun car to drive; great commuting car as well as trips. I haven't driven it aggressively yet, but for normal commuting am getting 47mpg at 62mph and 45mpg at 65 mph, and I have a challenging, hilly commute. I do think the gas mileage will go down to, gasp, the 30s with hard driving. It really shines in rush hour traffic. It's very quiet; great visibility. I really like the sync system. However, I loved the idrive in my beemers. I am puzzled by the complaints about the gas mileage. I got over 51mpg the other day in a somewhat flat stretch of freeway in 30 minutes of driving. I really really wanted to like the volt, but I found the low ceiling and rather cramped interior too depressing, and found it boring to drive."

All around exceptional C Max Energi

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pros: "comfort mileage quiet"

"I decided to sell my Flex and purchase a more fuel efficient vehicle while gas is so affordable. The great price on a plug in hybrid plus all the standard features in the C Max Energi make me wonder why more people don't drive one ! The electric range is from 22-29 depending on my driving and the regenerative brakes contribute to better mpg. I can go three to four weeks without a fill up. Even when my electric charge is empty the C Max spends most of its time in electric mode . I only see the car using hybrid on hilly driving or quick acceleration. The transition from hybrid to electric is seamless. You wouldn't know it was electric. The electric motor is fast and efficient. I use the 110 electric charge cable that was standard. It usually charges in under 6 hours overnight. It is roomy comfortable and quiet. It is easy to enter and exit the vehicle. The vehicle begins to remember your driving pattern and style while maximizing your mpg. It also has an eight year one hundred thousand mile warranty on the hybrid/battery components. You can't ask for a better vehicle."

Beware of Oil Maintenance Mode

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Nice Car with goo features"

Cons: "Paid for EV but so far can't even get Hybrid MPG"

"At 111 miles the car went into Oil Maintenance Mode which is documented in the owners manual but not discussed anywhere else except user forums. The issue is this mode runs the gas engine continuously. My new Energi has been in that mode now for 4 days and according to my Ford Service Manager it is acting as designed. Numerous reports from current owners report similar experiences. One owner claiming it took two tanks of gas before his went back to EV mode and another claiming it took a long trip to resolve. Owners manual says this can happen whenever the computer decides it should. I just know I now have as many gas miles as EV and still in Oil Maintenance Mode"