1995 Ford Aspire

8.0

Based on 77 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

7.2/10

tough little car

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"My Aspire is the toughest car Ive ever had. I bought it 5 years ago for $225. It had 113,000 miles on it. It now has 239,000 miles on it and it still runs fine. Ive had to do some work on it such as new axles, fuel pump, struts, rotors and the regular maintanance stuff like brakes, plugs, wires etc. Its well on its way to 300,000 miles. One negative thing about it is that Ive always had a small electrical problem with the headlights. They'll go dim on me every so often. Other than that Ive definitly got my moneys worth out of this car and plan on keeping it till it dies."

FIrst vehicle Ive ever owned and it was good to me

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

"This car was the first car I drove and very fun because it was so small. It was easy to park anywhere I went and its a five seater so there was space in case I needed to drive anyone else. Realistically, however, this car is probably made at most for two people, it becomes inconvenient to drive when you have kids. THe good: its very cheap to maintain and very good on gas, 30 + MPG. Its awesome!"

By on Monday, January 18, 2010

"I LOVE my 1997 Aspire. I bought it off my boyfriend for $200 in 2005 and it was the best $200 I have ever spent. This car runs like a champ with 130,000, even after hitting a deer with no damage done to the car (but I did kill the deer, can you believe that one!). I have had a few problems like the headlights dimming, one cylinder still not working (so it's only a 3 cylinder now), and having a custom exaust built cause they don't make parts for this car anymore. But all in all I've invested $2000 on routine mantinence and other stuff but I save money in gas. I put $20 in my 8 gallon tank and I go a week and a half without a refill. I get like 37 mpg, it's awesome. If your going to get a car get an Aspire, you will die before the Aspire will."

My little red BEAST

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "40 mpg, fun ride,reliable ie the 230000miles"

Cons: "cold in winter, relays in bad spot"

hauling kayaks longer than the car

"Ive owned two of these magnificent little champs! first off the things will run FOREVER with basic maintenance. there fun to drive because of their light weight (its like driving a go cart) and because they literally run on fumes. i have always driven my babys really light so i get some sweet gas mileage, around 40 mpg. The beast has been sitting in my driveway for 6 months went out and started it up like I had just been driving it that day. And there is no gas in the tank so it apparently runs on air. Also really good driving in the winter minus the cold Only cons are cold in the winter due to lack of insulation in the roof and the motor relays on the right side of the motor are stored in rubber cups that face upwards, collecting water in them. I just lifted them out and secured them directly above there original spot. Ulgy little cars on the outside but will grow on you. all in all great, reliable fun cars. I'm not selling this one like I stupidly did my last."

hauling kayaks longer than the car

honda quility at a ford price

By on Saturday, February 12, 2011

"i owned a Ford Festiva before this car but i now own the updateded version of the festiva in the Aspire. Reliability is second to none. Period. Bought the car in 2001 with 75,000 and now have 152000 and no major problems. Ac still works after I replaced a high motor resistor but it does make a clicking noise while in use. I also found that the ac doesn't work to well at idle but I can live with that. I drive it hard so i get about 33mpgs and i am cool with that. (pizza driver). Basically all i did was brakes,timing belt, tires, tune up and oil changes. Could use some drive axles and a control arm/balljoint but haven't gotten around to that but not to bad for a car I purchased for 1500 and kbb says private party is still worth 1300. I have the se model which has some nice upgrades but the spoiler is worthless becuase it obstucts rearview vision. If you buy this car get the 5 speed cause the automatic is a slug. I had a friend purchase a new car and he at it at the shop in 6 weeks for fuel injectors but i never did any work to this car that wouldn't be considered regular maintenance (except for new headlight plugs) for the the amount of mileage at the time. Bottom line is this, I have an almost free car, Paid 1500, kbb private party value is 1300, put about 800 into it in 10 years with 75000 miles so this is about as close to a free car asyou are going to get"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Aspire near Honolulu. See local deals