ZIP code

2013 FIAT 500

8.4

Based on 154 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Its plenty of room for 1 or 2 people

By on Friday, May 19, 2017

Pros: "Roomy, fun to drive, love the color"

Cons: "Not too much get-up-and-go"

"I love it!! Spitfire Orange is the perfect color! Has Ivory interior. Bought it with 32 miles on it and have had it 6 days and now at 900 miles. Manual transmission is easy to shift, smooth to accelerate. But NOT quick. Even dropping into 4th gear in Sport mode you only gain a little time. However!! Once you get in 5th gear above 65mph and you will have to check speed, it likes to fly! I bought it at a discount and expect to get 5 years out of it with no major issues. Engine for Life program (unlimited miles) is also an added plus. If anything internal breaks, as long as you keep records of every single routine maintenance youve done to the vehicle, they fix your engine at no cost to you. And Im a big person (6ft, upwards 250lbs) and I fit just fine, even had to scoot seat up just a little. Front space is perfect, back seat nothing behind driver! Trunk space is good (I bought a net and hooked it behind back seats for emergency kit and whatnot) so main trunk free and clear."

Excellent Little Beast

By on Thursday, June 1, 2017

Pros: "Exhaust note, parking ease, affordable"

Cons: "Seats, bluetooth system"

"I love my car for several reasons, - I can fit in almost any parking space - The gas mileage is just what I need ~ 33 mpg usually - Does fantastic in snow (with snow tires) - Sound system is great (at least what I desire) - The exhaust note honestly gets me excited every time I start the engine or WOT - The manual transmission was highly desired (though it could be improved) - Its an affordable, fun and capable car for commutes, road trips, or city driving. - It handles great, you can get the rear end around if you know what you are doing (which is fun) but otherwise a very stable car Things I dislike about the car: - The seats sit way too high and the seats really are not comfortable, seems to induce a curved back - There are just a couple of nit picky trim issues, but nothing that I am concerned about - The back seats are honestly kind of useless, though if I really have to, people can sit back there (not comfortably) - I found a way around it, but the Blue&Me system is not useful (I bought a Bluetooth reciever to play music through the audio jack)"

So much car in such a small package!

By on Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pros: "packaging/engineering, style, fun to drive"

Cons: "electric throttle, blind spot"

My car on top of a mountain in the Adirondacks- I wasn't the only one taking pictures that day!

"I have owned my 500 for over a year and have loved every mile in it. The bottom line is that this is a great car packed into a tiny package. I think the best attributes of the car are its driving manners, passenger comfort, over-all engineering and execution of design (including interior volume), and attention to detail. Other things that I like are the ergonomic layout of the interior, fluidity of the engine, and ability to make people laugh when I stuff a huge object in through the tailgate. And it is beautiful! I don't particularly like the electric throttle, the big side pillars (due to the placement of its seven airbags) and the fact that the steering wheel does not telescope toward you. All minor things in my opinion. It goes great in the snow, has a wonderful stereo and easy to use blue tooth, and has absolutely the most comfortable seats of all the small cars out there. Final thought: It makes a fool out of standard cars on off-ramps, at gas pumps, through traffic circles, and in parking garages. This is such an honest car and I smile every time I turn the key. This is what a small car should be."

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "A wonderful car"

Cons: "the windsheild washer reservoir is hard to get to"

"Living in Maine, most people own 4 wheel drive pickups or SUVs. However I don't like either of these choices so I went back to my roots of driving small Italian cars and bought the FIAT for my wife. The car is fantastic. It is probably the most honest and true car that has been made by any manufacturer for some time. It reminds me of the old Alfa GTVs I used to own. I admit I was a bit concerned about the ground clearance for the snow, but the FIAT is extremely agile and cuts through the snow just fine, and the handling is so top notch that it easily corrects when you do slide. Next year I will put on some snow tires, just for that extra safety net, but it probably is not really neccesary. The build quality is exceptional, it is very comfortable, the engine is happy to be spooled up, and it great to fling around on the back country roads that dominate the landscape up here. Sure critics put the car down for the small engine and power, but it is all it needs to be.There are no excuses from this car, however it doesn't need any. It more than keeps up with traffic on the interstate, and is extreemly zippy around town. It comes with lots of extras as standard. The fuel economy is very good and it looks fantastic. My only complaint for this car is that the trying to fill the windshield washer reservoir is extremely difficult as the opening is very small and offset, so pouring the fluid in is difficult. However if that is all they've done wrong so be it. The Abarth will be a welcome addition to the FIAT lineup here in the U.S. but the basic FIAT 500 is a great bargain for those not needing the extra flare and racer image the Abarth is known for. There are tons of options available to customize your car. I would almost recommend getting the base POP edition and gradually customizing the car to suit your taste with the different wheel packages, graphic options, interior mods etc.. All in all just a fantastic little car that should be on everyones radar."

A really nice inexpensive car!

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pros: "Great price, gas mileage, fun to drive, features"

Cons: "small cup holders, slow to cool A/C"

"We've had this car for about 8 months now and it is my daily driver for a 70 mile commute round trip. It is perfect for this, getting about 39 mpg on a commute that mixes highway and town driving. My husband and I are not small people, but we find we have a good amount of room in this car. I love that my cell pairs through the radio and has good voice recognition. It is a peppy car for its size and never feels like it is trying to get out of its own way. I have the manual; wasn't impressed with the shifting on the automatic I test drove. Besides, the manual is more fun! I wish it had larger cup holders and the radio is a bit quirky in that you can set it to either turn off as soon as the car is turned off or it will stay on for 20 minutes after you turn the car off, even if the key is out and you leave the car! I also think the A/C is not quite up to NC summers, but we had a lot of 100 degree days last year and it eventually cools nicely, it just takes a while. It is a fun, economical, gas saving, attention getting car. It was well worth the inexpensive price tag!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching FIAT 500 near Honolulu. See local deals