2012 FIAT 500

8.4

Based on 160 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Fantastic Value

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pros: "Quality of construction, fuel economy, reliability"

Cons: "Rear seat room"

"I bought my 2013 Fiat 500 Sport 5 speed to replace a 2009 Mini Cooper S Clubman. After owning the Mini just wasn't confident that it would hold up long term without having to take out a second mortgage to pay the mechanic. At under 30K miles, I had to have the following done: timing chain and tensioner and front brake pads along with regular routine maintenance. When I traded the car in at 32K, the car was indicating that it needed rear brake pads in another 10K miles. So, going from a 27,000 car to a 19,500 car would be painful, right? Not at all. I have features in tis car that the Mini did not have- 7 speaker Beats Audio with satellite radio and climate control. OK I gave up the power of the turbo in the Mini for the 101hp Fiat, but I am now averaging 39 MPG on my daily 120 mile round trip commute. Highway manners/handling are excellent, and the sport seats are very comfortable, even on long trips. The brakes are excellent, and the steering is very responsive. Fit and finish is excellent and the paint quality is far better than one would expect of a car in this price range. I have had no unexpected service visits, and the built in computer indicates when routing maintenance is requires. My oil change light came on around 8000 miles. While it does have rear seats, think of them as emergency seating only. With only 101hp on tap, expect to downshift from 5th to 4th for speedy passing. I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat."

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "A wonderful car"

Cons: "the windsheild washer reservoir is hard to get to"

"Living in Maine, most people own 4 wheel drive pickups or SUVs. However I don't like either of these choices so I went back to my roots of driving small Italian cars and bought the FIAT for my wife. The car is fantastic. It is probably the most honest and true car that has been made by any manufacturer for some time. It reminds me of the old Alfa GTVs I used to own. I admit I was a bit concerned about the ground clearance for the snow, but the FIAT is extremely agile and cuts through the snow just fine, and the handling is so top notch that it easily corrects when you do slide. Next year I will put on some snow tires, just for that extra safety net, but it probably is not really neccesary. The build quality is exceptional, it is very comfortable, the engine is happy to be spooled up, and it great to fling around on the back country roads that dominate the landscape up here. Sure critics put the car down for the small engine and power, but it is all it needs to be.There are no excuses from this car, however it doesn't need any. It more than keeps up with traffic on the interstate, and is extreemly zippy around town. It comes with lots of extras as standard. The fuel economy is very good and it looks fantastic. My only complaint for this car is that the trying to fill the windshield washer reservoir is extremely difficult as the opening is very small and offset, so pouring the fluid in is difficult. However if that is all they've done wrong so be it. The Abarth will be a welcome addition to the FIAT lineup here in the U.S. but the basic FIAT 500 is a great bargain for those not needing the extra flare and racer image the Abarth is known for. There are tons of options available to customize your car. I would almost recommend getting the base POP edition and gradually customizing the car to suit your taste with the different wheel packages, graphic options, interior mods etc.. All in all just a fantastic little car that should be on everyones radar."

Good for my needs

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun fun fun, cheap, great looking, attention"

Cons: "Small cup holders, slow, still has problems"

"Well, fiat is back after 20 something years and I have to say that their cars have improved exponentially. I bouught my 500 sport while working for my local fiat dealership for next to nothing. Being only 18 years old at the time I needed something cheap to build credit. I picked out a red sport 5-speed that we had on the lot and bought it for way less than invoice (one of the perks of working for a dealership). Overall this is a great little car with light, nimble handling and a "powerful enough" engine that can get up to 50 mpg if you really try. Unfortunately, my car was built in march of 2011 meaning that it is one of the first build cycles so the reliability is.... Questionable. Rattles, squeaks, and now the engine is being "Italian" on me so I have to take it in again. Ps. All cars built after July of 2011 have had these problems resolved so their reliability is much better."

Can't Get Any Better!

By on Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "None so far"

"My father just recently purchased this car for me and I am completely in love!!!!!!!! He had to buy out of state because we don't have many dealers around. Just one for the next six months and their inventory is very limited. I have the 500c Pop manual. It is white pearl with burgundy top and the interior is red and cream. The car is stunning! I get so many compliments on it sometimes it gets overwhelming. People stare and point as I am driving down the street and I get twenty-one questions anytime I park. The drive is amazing with a lot of pickup. I would recommend the manual in a car with this sort of horsepower. The manual is smooth as silk and anyone can drive it proficiently. The car is high quality inside and out, it comes well equipped before you even add on. I have never been so excited about a vehicle!! Buy one now if you enjoy this type of car!!"

Great car, fun to drive,

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive, really good mileage"

Cons: "None to date"

"I had a manual Pop version of this car for about two months and haven't had any problems with it to date. The front seats are surprisingly roomy but I've only had people in the back seat for short trips, and I don't know that you'd want to try and make too long a trip in the back seats. Power wise the car has been fine for me. I haven't had any trouble keeping up with traffic or getting on/off highways, etc. Fuel efficiency has been really good, and by using the instantaneous MPG readout from the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) I've found its possible to get better MPG than the EPA ratings (I've gotten over 40mpg in combined city/highway driving on some tank fulls of gas). Its relatively small size makes the car easy to park, and its also really nimble in traffic. The car also comes in a wide range of interior and exterior color options, though there are some limits depending on specific model chosen. In general the Fiat is a fun car to drive and I'd highly recommend it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching FIAT 500 near Honolulu. See local deals