2012 FIAT 500

8.4

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

So disappointed with mpg and interior quality

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive in town"

Cons: "poor interior design and quality; backache seats"

"2012 Pop: Seats are soooo uncomfortable; Steering wheel does not telescope so after my 45 mile commute, my shoulders hurt from reaching or I have to sit with my knees in my chest (and I'm a 5/6" woman); the dash panel cover reflects light day and night making it almost impossible to read. However, it is fun, fun, fun to drive. I drive flat Texas highways and I only average 32.5 mpg. I'm excited when I get 34 mpg out of a tank. And as a commuter, I have to fill up the little 10 gal tank multiple times a week. This is definitely an "in town" and not a commuter car. Prior to this Fiat I drove an Audi A6 and a Ford pickup. Both doors and the dash began to rattle after only 1500 miles and most of the "soft" interior is literally cardboard. I can not address body or mechanical quality yet since I have just had my first oil change. I have to admit that I regret this purchase overall."

Great car with lots of personality

By on Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage, personality, style"

Cons: "Could be better MPG's highway, needs 6th gear."

"I was tired of the expense of sports cars and wanted something with personality if I was going to get an economy car. My wife hated the Abarth and I hated the seats in it. The naturally asperated models had too little horsepower. The 500T was brand new and they just got their first two on the lot. The only option I don't have on it is a sunroof. I love the car! I get between 28 and 30 mpg in the city and in the low 30's on the highway (although the mid 30's can be achieved if you don't mind staying around 65). The car is surprisingly comfortable, the Beats audio sounds good, and it is a blast to drive. You can buy other cars cheaper, but none have the personality of the FIAT. Also, you will get lots of questions about it and lots of lookers. Especially with me being 6'2", 230 lbs. The Abarth is known for it's exhaust, but the Turbo has a great sounding exhaust also. It is aggressive without being as loud as the Abarth. The only complaints I have are that I wish it had a limited slip differential because it is easy to make the traction control flash when given gas while cornering somewhat aggressively (inside wheel wants to spin), that it could stream music via Bluetooth (fixed for 2015), and I wish it had a telescoping steering wheel, and the factory navigation is such an after thought (and not worth the extra cost). Otherwise I love it and it is one of my most favorite cars I've owned. And that is coming from a string of cars that cost twice as much. Oh, the 5 speed is fine for around town, but seems a bit low for highway. And I still look for 6th occasionally after 27,000 miles. Oh, and we had heavy snow (for NC) and the car went everywhere I wanted it to without any problems. Even around stuck cars."

Nice little car

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "MPG's, fun to drive, great Bose sound, looks"

Cons: "no accesories setting on the ignition, back seat"

"After months of test driving lots of cars finally decided on a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport. The first car given to me went crazy after a couple of hours driving. I had a bad feeling but the dealer was very understanding and exchanged the car for a new one. The car looks gorgeous in Bianco Perla, people can't help looking at it. Driving is a totally different experience (my other car is a 2011 jeep wrangler). Mine came with the Bose system so music sounds great, connecting my Iphone was a breeze and the hands free works like a charm. I'm getting around 34mpg's mostly highway, compare it to the 16mpg's on the jeep, you do the math. The Fiat 500 takes a while to get used to but after that you feel like driving a very small italian sports car. Highly recommended."

Fiat 500 Pop - A small car for smaller drivers

By on Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Pros: "Great Price, Fun to drive, Nice interior, Speakers"

Cons: "Small, No leg space"

"Let me start off by saying that I love my Fiat 500 Pop. Its a gray color with two doors. It drives nicely and looks great. It has nice interiors although its hard to get used to the placements of the usb charger, auxiliary input, and the powered windows button. For being such a tiny car it has a decent sized trunk, and, since, most likely youll be by yourself or just with one person when using this car, if you lower the two back seats you have a decent space for all your shopping needs. I find that this car gets more or less 35 mpg using the Plus gasoline, which isnt too bad at all. The audio, surprisingly, is awesome on this car. The speakers do well and are way loud for being where it is. Back passengers should probably be on the shorter side since there isnt much leg room or head room. It has a nice Italian feel to it and is just an eye catcher of a car. If you want to see heads turn, drive this car around the city. All the time people ask me where I got my car and how it drives. If you like that kind of thing, look no further. This car is actually really affordable now, so I really recommend it!"

Nice Car for under $20,000

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive excellent acceleration"

Cons: "None so far"

"Very zippy performance car. Would not recommend if you are going to have more than one passenger. Overall great value."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching FIAT 500 near Honolulu. See local deals