2012 FIAT 500

8.4

Based on 159 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

A tiny race car!

By on Friday, May 6, 2016

Pros: "Fun car, great on gas"

Cons: "Cost to maintain, availability of parts,"

"I've owned and driven Mercedes, BMW's and Volvo, I was on a search to replace my old Volvo C30 and I stumbled across my Fiat while I was looking at a Mini.This car handles amazing, I bought it in a manual this car is loads of fun to drive you can really feel the road and it responds well. The bit of power that you get from the turbo is nice especially in Houston traffic merging and darting and zipping between places is a breeze. Sadly after my old mechanic passed away finding a new mechanic to even to basic maintenance on this car has been a pain in the butt Most people haven't even heard of Fiat be prepared to find your own parts/oil otherwise an average of $80 for an oil change. This car compared to my Volvo which sat lower has a little bit of road noise and you can feel bumps as well but nothing too extreme. Cargo space isn't too bad but you cannot purchase anything too long otherwise it won't fit of course. I am 5'10 and my dad is 6'9 we both fit comfortably in the car with out any issues. Do not buy one of these used as they don't hold their value too well, Great commuter car and great road trip car for a small group."

I love it!

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, cute and great gas mileage!"

Cons: "Not good for road trips, had problem with USB port"

"I love my little car. People always want to ask questions about it and I can't stop saying great things. It's zippy and get good gas mileage. When I test drove it, I was surprised that it felt so solid for being such a little car! Didn't feel like a tin can at all. The car seems to have so much more space inside than you would think, although I don't recommend someone sitting in the backseat for long periods. This car is exactly what I was looking for...a small reliable ride that didn't make me feel like I was in a tin can, or had to give up some nice creature comforts just because I was getting a smaller car. It's perfect for me!!"

So disappointed with mpg and interior quality

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive in town"

Cons: "poor interior design and quality; backache seats"

"2012 Pop: Seats are soooo uncomfortable; Steering wheel does not telescope so after my 45 mile commute, my shoulders hurt from reaching or I have to sit with my knees in my chest (and I'm a 5/6" woman); the dash panel cover reflects light day and night making it almost impossible to read. However, it is fun, fun, fun to drive. I drive flat Texas highways and I only average 32.5 mpg. I'm excited when I get 34 mpg out of a tank. And as a commuter, I have to fill up the little 10 gal tank multiple times a week. This is definitely an "in town" and not a commuter car. Prior to this Fiat I drove an Audi A6 and a Ford pickup. Both doors and the dash began to rattle after only 1500 miles and most of the "soft" interior is literally cardboard. I can not address body or mechanical quality yet since I have just had my first oil change. I have to admit that I regret this purchase overall."

Great car with lots of personality

By on Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage, personality, style"

Cons: "Could be better MPG's highway, needs 6th gear."

"I was tired of the expense of sports cars and wanted something with personality if I was going to get an economy car. My wife hated the Abarth and I hated the seats in it. The naturally asperated models had too little horsepower. The 500T was brand new and they just got their first two on the lot. The only option I don't have on it is a sunroof. I love the car! I get between 28 and 30 mpg in the city and in the low 30's on the highway (although the mid 30's can be achieved if you don't mind staying around 65). The car is surprisingly comfortable, the Beats audio sounds good, and it is a blast to drive. You can buy other cars cheaper, but none have the personality of the FIAT. Also, you will get lots of questions about it and lots of lookers. Especially with me being 6'2", 230 lbs. The Abarth is known for it's exhaust, but the Turbo has a great sounding exhaust also. It is aggressive without being as loud as the Abarth. The only complaints I have are that I wish it had a limited slip differential because it is easy to make the traction control flash when given gas while cornering somewhat aggressively (inside wheel wants to spin), that it could stream music via Bluetooth (fixed for 2015), and I wish it had a telescoping steering wheel, and the factory navigation is such an after thought (and not worth the extra cost). Otherwise I love it and it is one of my most favorite cars I've owned. And that is coming from a string of cars that cost twice as much. Oh, the 5 speed is fine for around town, but seems a bit low for highway. And I still look for 6th occasionally after 27,000 miles. Oh, and we had heavy snow (for NC) and the car went everywhere I wanted it to without any problems. Even around stuck cars."

Nice little car

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "MPG's, fun to drive, great Bose sound, looks"

Cons: "no accesories setting on the ignition, back seat"

"After months of test driving lots of cars finally decided on a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport. The first car given to me went crazy after a couple of hours driving. I had a bad feeling but the dealer was very understanding and exchanged the car for a new one. The car looks gorgeous in Bianco Perla, people can't help looking at it. Driving is a totally different experience (my other car is a 2011 jeep wrangler). Mine came with the Bose system so music sounds great, connecting my Iphone was a breeze and the hands free works like a charm. I'm getting around 34mpg's mostly highway, compare it to the 16mpg's on the jeep, you do the math. The Fiat 500 takes a while to get used to but after that you feel like driving a very small italian sports car. Highly recommended."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching FIAT 500 near Honolulu. See local deals