2012 FIAT 500

8.4

Based on 159 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Small, but perfectly formed!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, room up-front"

Cons: "back seats a squeeze (used often?)"

"Bought new just over 2 years ago and coming up to 33,000 miles now. Main reason for the purchase was the gas mileage - we have the basic manual version, and get on average 44 mpg commuting into DC. If careful, we can get an average of 50 mpg on trips to the Atlantic shore. Space up front not a problem - and when necessary we can fit a couple of people in the back (but only when necessary!). No major problems. Lots of interest - and people smile when they see us!"

ive owned 2 now. a 500 sport and a abarth

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "price options mpg all around fun car"

Cons: "no winter tires"

"let me start by saying that ive owned 49 vehicles since i was 15,now 38. and this has been my favorite so far/my first fiat was the 500 sport which i owned for 6 months and put over 10000 miles on it with zero problems.my daily commute was 70 miles and i avg. 41mpg @70+mph. driving a lil more sensible i did see aroung 46mpg.my sport was 5 speed and had plenty of pickup,i was actually suprised from the 1.4 liter engine,very smooth,and quick.steering is quick and precise,the 5 speed has a light feel to it,shifting through the gears with very little effort.nice tight close shift pattern,although the shift knob seemed a lil cheap(plastic).the interior seemed laid out very well,i really liked the position of the shifter in relation to seating position.controls on the dash didnt look cheap.radio controls on back of steering wheel is a nice touch.door panels are kind of plain with only a small amount of leather on the armrest,but not hateful. my abarth ive had 5 months now and have 7000 miles. this car is blast to drive,very quick with great handiling.the turbo has no lag,runs 18pounds of boost,and spools very quick.the exhaust sounds amazing,quiet on the highway,but deep loud tone when you get on it..the lower stance and 17 inch wheels make this thing look great.the front bumper with vents for intercoolers and lower front lip lets you know this not your average fiat,as well as the dual exhaust and vented rear bumper with a diffuser. black leather seats with red stitching,a matching leather shift knob,and steering wheel makes the interior look a higher end sports car.ive had zero problems with this car as well although my mpg is a lil less @34 to 36,depending on how i drive it.its still respectable considering what your getting in this car. a fast sporty hatch very comparable to the mini cooper s for about 7 grand less. my only complaint is if you plan on driving this in the winter,be prepared to buy diff. wheels and tires,the tires are only three season zr rated"

Extremely fun to drive

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pros: "Fuel efficient, Fun to Drive, affordable price, great styling"

Cons: "Materials on the doors scratch easily"

"Have had this car for 2 months now and its been great so far. I previously owned a mini and in comparison the FIAT 500 has nothing to be jealous. Its super fun to drive, the interior feels much more spacious than you would think, and when in it you dont feel stuck to the ground as you do in the mini cooper. There is a little room for improvements on some things, the plastic used in the interior on the doors scratch easily, and the carpeting is cheap .For the price its acceptable, all you have to do is get some good floor mats and you are all set. If you like a head turning, fuel efficient, fun to drive car at an affordable price, this is the car for you."

Fun easy driving go to work car.

By on Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"Basic car is good but the US add-ons can be annoying. Tire pressure monitoring system is one of the worst systems ever built. I have had all 4 tire modules replaced and the main sensor replaced twice. Rear seat is only good for empty coffee cups, pulled mine out for more storage."

Thought I miss my Escort, Nah, Fiat is Awesome!

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

Pros: "Super Fun to Drive, Good Gas Mileage,"

Cons: "N/A"

"I have had this car for a little over a year now, and I just love it. It runs super smooth and I get great gas mileage (mine is a manual transmission). I just putz around town in mine and it is great for that. This car is definitely a commuter car, nothing more. I have driven it on ice and snow, since the past couple winters have been rough. I have to say this car does very well on ice and snow. My car prior to this one did not have the Bluetooth and the auxiliary jack for the music, so this has been a pleasure to have and I really enjoy it! Has a nice sound system as well. I totally recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a good solid commuter car."

I love it. It is fun and looks great!

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun, gas mileage, looks"

"I have owned a mini, a smart and a Prius but this is a better value than all of them. It beats all of them when it comes to fun factor. The gas mileage is great (35-38). It has good pickup, great gas mileage, plenty of interior room and it looks grrrrreeeeeeaaaat!"

Very nice car, with exceptional features.

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "Value! Fits tall drivers. Solidly built quality."

Cons: "Small back seat."

"I looked at a lot of cars before I bought the 2012 Fiat 500 Pop. I tried the Kia Rio, the Hyundai Accent, the VW Beetle and Golf, the Mini Cooper, the Ford Fiesta, The Honda Civic, and the Mazda2. The Fiat 500 was better than any of those cars, at least for me. I am 6' 3" tall and seating was very important to me. The Fiat has better headroom, and more comfortable leg room than the other cars. The Fiat also sits higher than the others, and the doors are taller and wider, so that makes getting in and out much easier. Great visibility! The back seat is tiny on the Fiat 500, so it only for children and small adults, or for storage. I bought the basic Fiat 500 Pop with the only option the automatic transmission. The car comes with air conditioning, power windows/lock/keyless entry, and lots of other higher end stuff. The Fiat 500 Pop has plenty of power, and the automatic is very smooth in shifting. The handing is excellent, and turning is a joy. The car does well on interstates, and does NOT feel like a small car when driving. Fuel economy has been as good, or a bit better than the rating. My combined city highway driving is averaging about 32 mpg. The hatch opens wide, and the rear seats do fold down. They do not fold all the way flat and level with the rear, so that is not as good of a storage as say in the older 2 door Hyundai Accent (sadly, they do not make the 2 door Accent anymore). But still the Fiat 500 has more storage than you would expect. The dash is easy to use and read, and has the body color across the dash. It is a pretty car both inside and out. The most common thing people say to me is, "what a cute car." The Fiat 500 has many color options that competitors just do not offer, especially in base models. Mine is rame (copper) but there are like 14 color options. Overall the price of a Fiat 500 is a great value on a solid and well designed car."

FIAT 500 ABARTH

By on Friday, October 4, 2013

Pros: "FAST AND FURIOUS"

Cons: "THE COPS WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU"

"HAD A FIAT 500 SPORT (2012) FOR A YEAR. REGRETTED NOT BUYING THE ABARTH IN THE BEGINNING. SO JUST TRADED FOR THE ABARTH. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE ENGINES AND PERFORMANCE. THA ABARTH IS A ROCKET SHIP! THE TRANSMISSION AND OVER ALL QUALITY OF THE INTERIOR HAS A HIGHER-END FEEL. THE FIAT 500 POP, EASY, SPORT AND LOUNGE ARE GREAT CARS, TOO. BUT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A FAST LITTLE CAR, THERE'S NO BETTER IN THIS COST RANGE. THE 500 IS A FUN RELIABLE CAR. THE FIAT 500L WILL BE MY NEXT PURCHASE."

Fun Fun Fun

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "Awesome price, great standard options, FUN"

Cons: "No much leg room in the back."

"The the price of the car, it has everything I looked for in a commuter car. The fun factor, power doors/windows and Bluetooth. Love the sports mode. I bought this car as my city commuter car and I love it."

A blast to drive, seems reliable so far

By on Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great MPG, Low Cost"

Cons: "Some features could be better quality"

"I am frugal and wanted a fun car to drive, that was also low cost. Being a single person, I wanted a small car I could zip in and out of traffic with. I LOVE driving this car. You have to use the Sport button to really feel the power and control. I love the fact I'm getting 40+ miles per gallon. For me that means it's cheaper driving than taking the park and ride bus. Houston traffic is a nightmare, but I feel safe in this car and have been able to avoid accidents in it simply because of it's size. The interior is comfortable. There are some interesting attention to details pieces, but then there are a few things that are lacking. I wish the Bluetooth did a better job of integrating with my phone's media. I wish the armrest on the driver's side was a little more sturdy. and that the middle console a little bit closer up. But I've had this car almost a year with no problems. The only problem I see is chips in the paint. I don't know if that's from gravel/debris of highway driving, but I think it shouldn't chip like that. Other than that, the engine seems to run perfect, although it's hot to the touch. I say this is a GREAT car for the value. If you add extras, maybe not so much. It was between this and a Kia Soul. I only wish I had the soul when I move furniture. But I can get my bike in the back and pretty much a lot of stuff with the fold-down seats. I really would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive car, with great gas mileage and some good safety features."

Fantastic Value

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pros: "Quality of construction, fuel economy, reliability"

Cons: "Rear seat room"

"I bought my 2013 Fiat 500 Sport 5 speed to replace a 2009 Mini Cooper S Clubman. After owning the Mini just wasn't confident that it would hold up long term without having to take out a second mortgage to pay the mechanic. At under 30K miles, I had to have the following done: timing chain and tensioner and front brake pads along with regular routine maintenance. When I traded the car in at 32K, the car was indicating that it needed rear brake pads in another 10K miles. So, going from a 27,000 car to a 19,500 car would be painful, right? Not at all. I have features in tis car that the Mini did not have- 7 speaker Beats Audio with satellite radio and climate control. OK I gave up the power of the turbo in the Mini for the 101hp Fiat, but I am now averaging 39 MPG on my daily 120 mile round trip commute. Highway manners/handling are excellent, and the sport seats are very comfortable, even on long trips. The brakes are excellent, and the steering is very responsive. Fit and finish is excellent and the paint quality is far better than one would expect of a car in this price range. I have had no unexpected service visits, and the built in computer indicates when routing maintenance is requires. My oil change light came on around 8000 miles. While it does have rear seats, think of them as emergency seating only. With only 101hp on tap, expect to downshift from 5th to 4th for speedy passing. I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat."

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "A wonderful car"

Cons: "the windsheild washer reservoir is hard to get to"

"Living in Maine, most people own 4 wheel drive pickups or SUVs. However I don't like either of these choices so I went back to my roots of driving small Italian cars and bought the FIAT for my wife. The car is fantastic. It is probably the most honest and true car that has been made by any manufacturer for some time. It reminds me of the old Alfa GTVs I used to own. I admit I was a bit concerned about the ground clearance for the snow, but the FIAT is extremely agile and cuts through the snow just fine, and the handling is so top notch that it easily corrects when you do slide. Next year I will put on some snow tires, just for that extra safety net, but it probably is not really neccesary. The build quality is exceptional, it is very comfortable, the engine is happy to be spooled up, and it great to fling around on the back country roads that dominate the landscape up here. Sure critics put the car down for the small engine and power, but it is all it needs to be.There are no excuses from this car, however it doesn't need any. It more than keeps up with traffic on the interstate, and is extreemly zippy around town. It comes with lots of extras as standard. The fuel economy is very good and it looks fantastic. My only complaint for this car is that the trying to fill the windshield washer reservoir is extremely difficult as the opening is very small and offset, so pouring the fluid in is difficult. However if that is all they've done wrong so be it. The Abarth will be a welcome addition to the FIAT lineup here in the U.S. but the basic FIAT 500 is a great bargain for those not needing the extra flare and racer image the Abarth is known for. There are tons of options available to customize your car. I would almost recommend getting the base POP edition and gradually customizing the car to suit your taste with the different wheel packages, graphic options, interior mods etc.. All in all just a fantastic little car that should be on everyones radar."

Good for my needs

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun fun fun, cheap, great looking, attention"

Cons: "Small cup holders, slow, still has problems"

"Well, fiat is back after 20 something years and I have to say that their cars have improved exponentially. I bouught my 500 sport while working for my local fiat dealership for next to nothing. Being only 18 years old at the time I needed something cheap to build credit. I picked out a red sport 5-speed that we had on the lot and bought it for way less than invoice (one of the perks of working for a dealership). Overall this is a great little car with light, nimble handling and a "powerful enough" engine that can get up to 50 mpg if you really try. Unfortunately, my car was built in march of 2011 meaning that it is one of the first build cycles so the reliability is.... Questionable. Rattles, squeaks, and now the engine is being "Italian" on me so I have to take it in again. Ps. All cars built after July of 2011 have had these problems resolved so their reliability is much better."

Can't Get Any Better!

By on Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "None so far"

"My father just recently purchased this car for me and I am completely in love!!!!!!!! He had to buy out of state because we don't have many dealers around. Just one for the next six months and their inventory is very limited. I have the 500c Pop manual. It is white pearl with burgundy top and the interior is red and cream. The car is stunning! I get so many compliments on it sometimes it gets overwhelming. People stare and point as I am driving down the street and I get twenty-one questions anytime I park. The drive is amazing with a lot of pickup. I would recommend the manual in a car with this sort of horsepower. The manual is smooth as silk and anyone can drive it proficiently. The car is high quality inside and out, it comes well equipped before you even add on. I have never been so excited about a vehicle!! Buy one now if you enjoy this type of car!!"

Great car, fun to drive,

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive, really good mileage"

Cons: "None to date"

"I had a manual Pop version of this car for about two months and haven't had any problems with it to date. The front seats are surprisingly roomy but I've only had people in the back seat for short trips, and I don't know that you'd want to try and make too long a trip in the back seats. Power wise the car has been fine for me. I haven't had any trouble keeping up with traffic or getting on/off highways, etc. Fuel efficiency has been really good, and by using the instantaneous MPG readout from the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) I've found its possible to get better MPG than the EPA ratings (I've gotten over 40mpg in combined city/highway driving on some tank fulls of gas). Its relatively small size makes the car easy to park, and its also really nimble in traffic. The car also comes in a wide range of interior and exterior color options, though there are some limits depending on specific model chosen. In general the Fiat is a fun car to drive and I'd highly recommend it."

Great driving fun at a reasonable price!

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Excellent value for money, fun to drive."

Cons: "Dealerships are still few and far between."

"I've had this car since June 2011, and it has exceeded my expectations! Not only does it all kinds of looks, comments, and compliments, it handles very solidly both in town and on the interstate. I opted for the "Sport" version, and the adjustable suspension makes all of the difference in the world. Sport mode is great in town, making the car really handle the corners. On the interstate, the regular mode softens the ride just enough to not beat you to death (a big problem with my 2003 MINI). This is an excellent choice if you're looking for a sub-compact car that's not just a cheap tin box."

So in love with this car!

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive!"

Cons: "No complaints at this time"

"I love this little car! It's so fun to drive. It didn't cost an arm and a leg and even the base model has tons of features. It gets great mileage. It's comfortable. I love seeing other drivers smile when they look over at my car. My daughter is hoping she'll inherit it when she starts driving. I might not be willing to let it go!"

A car you can really love...

By on Monday, June 27, 2011

Pros: "Price, features, fun factor, conversation starter"

Cons: "fit and finish can sometimes seem a bit cheap"

"Finally. Something cool and affordable comes to the states! I've had this car for three months now and enjoy every minute behind the wheel. It is peppy and rides like a go-cart, although it takes a while to feel comfortable with thrashing it about due to it's high seat placement. But once you get past that, this car can handle what you give it. The engine is small, yet sounds great at high revs where it actually seems to prefer to be. This car is definitely tiny and quirky. Those buying one must always remind themselves that they are not buying a car like this because they need utility or back seat comfort and space. You're buying it because it is cool looking, nothing else like it exists in the U.S., and you either live in a big city, or have another car that can fit more than one other person comfortably. If you are in the market for a small (um, tiny) car that is extremely interesting to look at, something to talk about with passers-by, and fun to drive, then the 500 is your car."

Truely Italian

By on Saturday, May 14, 2011

"This car is fun and sporty. Great gas mileage. The rear seat has better legroom and easier entry than my Mini. The only thing is anyone over 5'8'' will not be comfortable back there. It is not for the shy as you get a ton of looks, but in a good way. This car puts a smile on my face every time. Can't wait till the Abarth 500 becomes available."

Wonderfull and Highly Recommended

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Style, Handling, Price, MPG, Comfort"

"I have owned many classic Alfa Romeos,FIATs, and original Morris Mini's. The new 500 brings back the reason we choose to buy these cars, however now with a reliability that was once unknown. The FIAT 500 handles perfectly on the back roads of Maine where my wife and I live and settles down nicely for in town and city driving. Great gas milage (mid 30s), agile, zippy, very comfortable, and a ton of options that rival many larger and more expensive cars. FIAT has done well and I recommend everyone to take a look at one. Remember haters will always hate these cars, but that is because they know nothing about them, much less own or drive them."

So much car in such a small package!

By on Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pros: "packaging/engineering, style, fun to drive"

Cons: "electric throttle, blind spot"

My car on top of a mountain in the Adirondacks- I wasn't the only one taking pictures that day!

"I have owned my 500 for over a year and have loved every mile in it. The bottom line is that this is a great car packed into a tiny package. I think the best attributes of the car are its driving manners, passenger comfort, over-all engineering and execution of design (including interior volume), and attention to detail. Other things that I like are the ergonomic layout of the interior, fluidity of the engine, and ability to make people laugh when I stuff a huge object in through the tailgate. And it is beautiful! I don't particularly like the electric throttle, the big side pillars (due to the placement of its seven airbags) and the fact that the steering wheel does not telescope toward you. All minor things in my opinion. It goes great in the snow, has a wonderful stereo and easy to use blue tooth, and has absolutely the most comfortable seats of all the small cars out there. Final thought: It makes a fool out of standard cars on off-ramps, at gas pumps, through traffic circles, and in parking garages. This is such an honest car and I smile every time I turn the key. This is what a small car should be."

fun runabout car

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "fun, European style, great city car"

Cons: "tight backseat"

"As a second car for commuting and running errands, the Fiat 500 is great. Most fun with the manual transmission. Ride is a bit harsh, but that comes with the short wheelbase. Interior is upscale for the price range. For anyone with a sense of style, this beats the generic Japanese/Korean econoboxes. Being the first run of this model from the factory in Mexico, there were some assembly defects, but they were corrected by the dealer under warranty."

I love my FIAT

By on Friday, June 24, 2011

Pros: "Packed with options for the price, amazing MPG"

Cons: "Some cheap interior surfaces"

"I was the lucky buyer of the first FIAT sold in WA state back in March. Now with 3000 miles I can confidently say this is a great car! It's very fun to drive and I'm averaging 34 MPG on my commute. It's feature rich at this price point with automatic climate control, premium sound, sat radio, and great media/phone interfaces. I've had zero problems so far. The only gripes are some of the textures on the interior - some hard plastic on the doors and dash (that scuffs easily) and cheapest carpet I've seen since the 80's. But that's how you get the price down I guess. Important things like the seats, steering wheel, and controls, are all wonderful. Bottom line, I love this car - I smile when I drive it."

purchased on 4/13/11

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"i traded a mini cooper S clubman for the 2012 fiat 500 lounge and am really enjoying all the attention other drivers are giving me. being the first person to have this car has a lot of value to me. i have also learned that in real-world driving in the congested los angeles urban area, this car has plenty of power. it must be terribly frustrating for 200-mph-car drivers to be stuck in the same urban congestion. when i look at porsche drivers next to me, they are always frowning! i love the small size and great comfort of this car. the heated seats are marvelous! this is a great urban car for someone that thinks outside the box."

Great sport Italian car

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great retro car and love the color"

Cons: "no spare tire standard and arm rest hard to used"

"I so this car first on the auto show and I was waiting for the car to be for sale. I got the sport manual transmission copper with brow interior . The looks great and I get 32.7 miles per gallon on the city. fun to drive and for the price and you have many people looking at it. Before you buy the mini for 23k you need to drive this one"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching FIAT 500 near Honolulu. See local deals