ZIP code

2012 FIAT 500

8.4

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Its plenty of room for 1 or 2 people

By on Friday, May 19, 2017

Pros: "Roomy, fun to drive, love the color"

Cons: "Not too much get-up-and-go"

"I love it!! Spitfire Orange is the perfect color! Has Ivory interior. Bought it with 32 miles on it and have had it 6 days and now at 900 miles. Manual transmission is easy to shift, smooth to accelerate. But NOT quick. Even dropping into 4th gear in Sport mode you only gain a little time. However!! Once you get in 5th gear above 65mph and you will have to check speed, it likes to fly! I bought it at a discount and expect to get 5 years out of it with no major issues. Engine for Life program (unlimited miles) is also an added plus. If anything internal breaks, as long as you keep records of every single routine maintenance youve done to the vehicle, they fix your engine at no cost to you. And Im a big person (6ft, upwards 250lbs) and I fit just fine, even had to scoot seat up just a little. Front space is perfect, back seat nothing behind driver! Trunk space is good (I bought a net and hooked it behind back seats for emergency kit and whatnot) so main trunk free and clear."

So much car in such a small package!

By on Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pros: "packaging/engineering, style, fun to drive"

Cons: "electric throttle, blind spot"

My car on top of a mountain in the Adirondacks- I wasn't the only one taking pictures that day!

"I have owned my 500 for over a year and have loved every mile in it. The bottom line is that this is a great car packed into a tiny package. I think the best attributes of the car are its driving manners, passenger comfort, over-all engineering and execution of design (including interior volume), and attention to detail. Other things that I like are the ergonomic layout of the interior, fluidity of the engine, and ability to make people laugh when I stuff a huge object in through the tailgate. And it is beautiful! I don't particularly like the electric throttle, the big side pillars (due to the placement of its seven airbags) and the fact that the steering wheel does not telescope toward you. All minor things in my opinion. It goes great in the snow, has a wonderful stereo and easy to use blue tooth, and has absolutely the most comfortable seats of all the small cars out there. Final thought: It makes a fool out of standard cars on off-ramps, at gas pumps, through traffic circles, and in parking garages. This is such an honest car and I smile every time I turn the key. This is what a small car should be."

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "A wonderful car"

Cons: "the windsheild washer reservoir is hard to get to"

"Living in Maine, most people own 4 wheel drive pickups or SUVs. However I don't like either of these choices so I went back to my roots of driving small Italian cars and bought the FIAT for my wife. The car is fantastic. It is probably the most honest and true car that has been made by any manufacturer for some time. It reminds me of the old Alfa GTVs I used to own. I admit I was a bit concerned about the ground clearance for the snow, but the FIAT is extremely agile and cuts through the snow just fine, and the handling is so top notch that it easily corrects when you do slide. Next year I will put on some snow tires, just for that extra safety net, but it probably is not really neccesary. The build quality is exceptional, it is very comfortable, the engine is happy to be spooled up, and it great to fling around on the back country roads that dominate the landscape up here. Sure critics put the car down for the small engine and power, but it is all it needs to be.There are no excuses from this car, however it doesn't need any. It more than keeps up with traffic on the interstate, and is extreemly zippy around town. It comes with lots of extras as standard. The fuel economy is very good and it looks fantastic. My only complaint for this car is that the trying to fill the windshield washer reservoir is extremely difficult as the opening is very small and offset, so pouring the fluid in is difficult. However if that is all they've done wrong so be it. The Abarth will be a welcome addition to the FIAT lineup here in the U.S. but the basic FIAT 500 is a great bargain for those not needing the extra flare and racer image the Abarth is known for. There are tons of options available to customize your car. I would almost recommend getting the base POP edition and gradually customizing the car to suit your taste with the different wheel packages, graphic options, interior mods etc.. All in all just a fantastic little car that should be on everyones radar."

A really nice inexpensive car!

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pros: "Great price, gas mileage, fun to drive, features"

Cons: "small cup holders, slow to cool A/C"

"We've had this car for about 8 months now and it is my daily driver for a 70 mile commute round trip. It is perfect for this, getting about 39 mpg on a commute that mixes highway and town driving. My husband and I are not small people, but we find we have a good amount of room in this car. I love that my cell pairs through the radio and has good voice recognition. It is a peppy car for its size and never feels like it is trying to get out of its own way. I have the manual; wasn't impressed with the shifting on the automatic I test drove. Besides, the manual is more fun! I wish it had larger cup holders and the radio is a bit quirky in that you can set it to either turn off as soon as the car is turned off or it will stay on for 20 minutes after you turn the car off, even if the key is out and you leave the car! I also think the A/C is not quite up to NC summers, but we had a lot of 100 degree days last year and it eventually cools nicely, it just takes a while. It is a fun, economical, gas saving, attention getting car. It was well worth the inexpensive price tag!"

Fun car, great price

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mpg's, customizable"

Cons: "Lacks head room"

"Great choice, no regrets whatsoever. The price included $4000 off and bought the extended warranty (7 years instead of 4) because FIAT's are so new, not sure of their reliability. I test drove it, experienced the quality, enjoyed the sporty feel, and great mpg's, and I had to own it. I went with the Sport trim, 5 speed, Rosso (red) exterior with Grey on Black (Grigio/Nero) sport-cloth seats, Tomtom Blue&Me, Alpine tuner, Bose Beats Sound system, sunroof, chrome floor sills, nitrogen-filled Continentals 195/45R16XL on aluminum wheels with 500 logo caps, switchblade/retractable key, keyless entry, security alarm. Under the hood is a covered multijet engine, can easily check fluids and access battery. I use 91 octane but can use 87 octane. I advise buyers to test several models as each car I drove had a feel and personality, due to a variety of interiors, exteriors, channeling vibration and sound. For me the Sport trim's performance tires, choice of Pirelli's or Continentals, are that extra touch that sets the "Cinquecento" apart. I'm 5'7" and the cabin feels spacious, though my friend is 5'9" and feels there's not quite enough head room for long sittings with the sunroof. The models with no sunroof have three more inches overhead. The car interior is mostly plastic though you have to see to appreciate the careful thought put into it's design. Overall, I've had a great experience and my dealer has been responsive to details that needed attention."

Perfect little Car

By on Monday, June 27, 2011

"Fun and sporty. Great gas mileage 42 . The rear seat has better legroom and easier entry than my Mini.This car handle like dream thank you Fiat. in the market to buy a Abarth as soon that the arrive."

I love my FIAT

By on Friday, June 24, 2011

Pros: "Packed with options for the price, amazing MPG"

Cons: "Some cheap interior surfaces"

"I was the lucky buyer of the first FIAT sold in WA state back in March. Now with 3000 miles I can confidently say this is a great car! It's very fun to drive and I'm averaging 34 MPG on my commute. It's feature rich at this price point with automatic climate control, premium sound, sat radio, and great media/phone interfaces. I've had zero problems so far. The only gripes are some of the textures on the interior - some hard plastic on the doors and dash (that scuffs easily) and cheapest carpet I've seen since the 80's. But that's how you get the price down I guess. Important things like the seats, steering wheel, and controls, are all wonderful. Bottom line, I love this car - I smile when I drive it."

Great car, fun to drive,

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive, really good mileage"

Cons: "None to date"

"I had a manual Pop version of this car for about two months and haven't had any problems with it to date. The front seats are surprisingly roomy but I've only had people in the back seat for short trips, and I don't know that you'd want to try and make too long a trip in the back seats. Power wise the car has been fine for me. I haven't had any trouble keeping up with traffic or getting on/off highways, etc. Fuel efficiency has been really good, and by using the instantaneous MPG readout from the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) I've found its possible to get better MPG than the EPA ratings (I've gotten over 40mpg in combined city/highway driving on some tank fulls of gas). Its relatively small size makes the car easy to park, and its also really nimble in traffic. The car also comes in a wide range of interior and exterior color options, though there are some limits depending on specific model chosen. In general the Fiat is a fun car to drive and I'd highly recommend it."

ive owned 2 now. a 500 sport and a abarth

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "price options mpg all around fun car"

Cons: "no winter tires"

"let me start by saying that ive owned 49 vehicles since i was 15,now 38. and this has been my favorite so far/my first fiat was the 500 sport which i owned for 6 months and put over 10000 miles on it with zero problems.my daily commute was 70 miles and i avg. 41mpg @70+mph. driving a lil more sensible i did see aroung 46mpg.my sport was 5 speed and had plenty of pickup,i was actually suprised from the 1.4 liter engine,very smooth,and quick.steering is quick and precise,the 5 speed has a light feel to it,shifting through the gears with very little effort.nice tight close shift pattern,although the shift knob seemed a lil cheap(plastic).the interior seemed laid out very well,i really liked the position of the shifter in relation to seating position.controls on the dash didnt look cheap.radio controls on back of steering wheel is a nice touch.door panels are kind of plain with only a small amount of leather on the armrest,but not hateful. my abarth ive had 5 months now and have 7000 miles. this car is blast to drive,very quick with great handiling.the turbo has no lag,runs 18pounds of boost,and spools very quick.the exhaust sounds amazing,quiet on the highway,but deep loud tone when you get on it..the lower stance and 17 inch wheels make this thing look great.the front bumper with vents for intercoolers and lower front lip lets you know this not your average fiat,as well as the dual exhaust and vented rear bumper with a diffuser. black leather seats with red stitching,a matching leather shift knob,and steering wheel makes the interior look a higher end sports car.ive had zero problems with this car as well although my mpg is a lil less @34 to 36,depending on how i drive it.its still respectable considering what your getting in this car. a fast sporty hatch very comparable to the mini cooper s for about 7 grand less. my only complaint is if you plan on driving this in the winter,be prepared to buy diff. wheels and tires,the tires are only three season zr rated"

A blast to drive, seems reliable so far

By on Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great MPG, Low Cost"

Cons: "Some features could be better quality"

"I am frugal and wanted a fun car to drive, that was also low cost. Being a single person, I wanted a small car I could zip in and out of traffic with. I LOVE driving this car. You have to use the Sport button to really feel the power and control. I love the fact I'm getting 40+ miles per gallon. For me that means it's cheaper driving than taking the park and ride bus. Houston traffic is a nightmare, but I feel safe in this car and have been able to avoid accidents in it simply because of it's size. The interior is comfortable. There are some interesting attention to details pieces, but then there are a few things that are lacking. I wish the Bluetooth did a better job of integrating with my phone's media. I wish the armrest on the driver's side was a little more sturdy. and that the middle console a little bit closer up. But I've had this car almost a year with no problems. The only problem I see is chips in the paint. I don't know if that's from gravel/debris of highway driving, but I think it shouldn't chip like that. Other than that, the engine seems to run perfect, although it's hot to the touch. I say this is a GREAT car for the value. If you add extras, maybe not so much. It was between this and a Kia Soul. I only wish I had the soul when I move furniture. But I can get my bike in the back and pretty much a lot of stuff with the fold-down seats. I really would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive car, with great gas mileage and some good safety features."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching FIAT 500 near Honolulu. See local deals