2012 FIAT 500

8.4

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Good for my needs

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun fun fun, cheap, great looking, attention"

Cons: "Small cup holders, slow, still has problems"

"Well, fiat is back after 20 something years and I have to say that their cars have improved exponentially. I bouught my 500 sport while working for my local fiat dealership for next to nothing. Being only 18 years old at the time I needed something cheap to build credit. I picked out a red sport 5-speed that we had on the lot and bought it for way less than invoice (one of the perks of working for a dealership). Overall this is a great little car with light, nimble handling and a "powerful enough" engine that can get up to 50 mpg if you really try. Unfortunately, my car was built in march of 2011 meaning that it is one of the first build cycles so the reliability is.... Questionable. Rattles, squeaks, and now the engine is being "Italian" on me so I have to take it in again. Ps. All cars built after July of 2011 have had these problems resolved so their reliability is much better."

A car you can really love...

By on Monday, June 27, 2011

Pros: "Price, features, fun factor, conversation starter"

Cons: "fit and finish can sometimes seem a bit cheap"

"Finally. Something cool and affordable comes to the states! I've had this car for three months now and enjoy every minute behind the wheel. It is peppy and rides like a go-cart, although it takes a while to feel comfortable with thrashing it about due to it's high seat placement. But once you get past that, this car can handle what you give it. The engine is small, yet sounds great at high revs where it actually seems to prefer to be. This car is definitely tiny and quirky. Those buying one must always remind themselves that they are not buying a car like this because they need utility or back seat comfort and space. You're buying it because it is cool looking, nothing else like it exists in the U.S., and you either live in a big city, or have another car that can fit more than one other person comfortably. If you are in the market for a small (um, tiny) car that is extremely interesting to look at, something to talk about with passers-by, and fun to drive, then the 500 is your car."

fun runabout car

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "fun, European style, great city car"

Cons: "tight backseat"

"As a second car for commuting and running errands, the Fiat 500 is great. Most fun with the manual transmission. Ride is a bit harsh, but that comes with the short wheelbase. Interior is upscale for the price range. For anyone with a sense of style, this beats the generic Japanese/Korean econoboxes. Being the first run of this model from the factory in Mexico, there were some assembly defects, but they were corrected by the dealer under warranty."

So much car in such a small package!

By on Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pros: "packaging/engineering, style, fun to drive"

Cons: "electric throttle, blind spot"

My car on top of a mountain in the Adirondacks- I wasn't the only one taking pictures that day!

"I have owned my 500 for over a year and have loved every mile in it. The bottom line is that this is a great car packed into a tiny package. I think the best attributes of the car are its driving manners, passenger comfort, over-all engineering and execution of design (including interior volume), and attention to detail. Other things that I like are the ergonomic layout of the interior, fluidity of the engine, and ability to make people laugh when I stuff a huge object in through the tailgate. And it is beautiful! I don't particularly like the electric throttle, the big side pillars (due to the placement of its seven airbags) and the fact that the steering wheel does not telescope toward you. All minor things in my opinion. It goes great in the snow, has a wonderful stereo and easy to use blue tooth, and has absolutely the most comfortable seats of all the small cars out there. Final thought: It makes a fool out of standard cars on off-ramps, at gas pumps, through traffic circles, and in parking garages. This is such an honest car and I smile every time I turn the key. This is what a small car should be."

Great sport Italian car

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great retro car and love the color"

Cons: "no spare tire standard and arm rest hard to used"

"I so this car first on the auto show and I was waiting for the car to be for sale. I got the sport manual transmission copper with brow interior . The looks great and I get 32.7 miles per gallon on the city. fun to drive and for the price and you have many people looking at it. Before you buy the mini for 23k you need to drive this one"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching FIAT 500 near Honolulu. See local deals