1993 Dodge Spirit

7.9

Based on 49 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

7.3/10

By on Saturday, February 2, 2008

"i bought this car in June of '06 for $500 and it had 154k miles on it. Haven't had any major problems with it. The paint is peeling off the roof, and trunk. Other than regular oil changes and tires, ive put probably around $150 into it. It has 174k miles on it now and its still running strong."

The car runs teriffic. Best car I've had

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Have had great experience with this car."

Cons: "1992 car. Just an older car."

"Drivers side door does need replaced as it was hit by a tree and window broken out. Other than that it is in pretty good condition. New brake pads and lines put in. New rotors on 2 wheels. Touch up on paint job needed."

OK car, but not recommended

By on Saturday, August 16, 2008

"I've had my Dodge Spirit for about eighteen years now. I still have it because I really dislike the ugly jelly bean and crab forward cars that have been built since. I like the square, but aerodynamic shape. It has a pretty good amount of room inside. It has very good leg room in the back. The car has plenty of pep with the 2.5L turbo and decient gas mileage can be milked out of it. Unfortunately my car has been plagued with mechnical problems since I bought it. It was less than a year old but the previous owner racked up over 30k miles on it and had repairs done incorrectly instead of under warrantee. The worst problems it have had with it are: The cooling system leaked at the freeze plugs and the head gasket and the radiator was short lived. The timing belt broke at 44k miles causing an expensive repair. The windsheild's gasket leaked. The trunk always mysteriously accumulated water without a leak ever being found. And the turbo failed at about 70k miles sending junk into the engine destroying it too. When I had the engine replaced, I found that it was difficult to find a quality rebuilt engine to install in this vehicle. Overall I would have to say that this is a cheap car. It didn't cost too much to buy. It is very inexpensive to insure. In general it cost less to maintain and repair than some better cars. I held on to this car too long because I was waiting for the body to rot first, but it is very well galvanized. Other cars that I might have bought at the time would have rotted out a long time ago."

By on Thursday, August 6, 2009

"We got this secondhand and have had it for approximately 10 years. Very reliable; have never had any major issues with it. Have driven it from Texas to Virginia and many 300+ mile road trips without issue. No complaints, given it is a 18 year old car."

very reliable car

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"I have a Dodge Spirit with 160,000 miles. I've owned this car for about 4 years. I got it with 137,000, only 6,000 miles a year since. This car is to quiet with that many miles. I expect to have this car well beyond 200,000 easily. And for the price I got it at, it was worth it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Spirit near Honolulu. See local deals