2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab

9.3

Based on 342 Ratings for the 2009 - 2010 models.

Leave the Competition begging for help

By on Sunday, August 1, 2010

"This was far and away the best driving vehicle I have ever owned. Forget the sports cars, forget the trucks for hauling and most of all, forget the Cadillac or Lincoln for luxury. This truck has it all. I had the 2009 Crew Sport with 5.7L Hemi with DVD, Center Console, etc. Truck rides extremely quiet, very plush, and towed our 33' 8500lb travel trailer with ease - especially with the built in sway control. I recently traded down to an '07 Ram QC and kick myself daily - it was not worth the monetary savings to get rid of it. For the extra $20,000 I had no idea how much I would miss it until it was gone and my back was aching in the older truck. Do not bother with Ford, Chevy, Toyota or Nissan. I drove every one of them and after months of driving and researching, here's the cliff notes; This truck will out tow them, out class them and most of all, provide the most spacious, quiet and useful interior you will ever experience in a truck, family or not. This truck gets 10 out of 10 with our entire family, including my wife who loved the adjustable pedals for her height and the quiet cabin. I am a long time audiophile and the 506 watt Alpine system with subs works wonderfully with the touchscreen 430 media center. I never desired to upgrade my stereo system at all. Bottom line is that there is nothing that rides or performs like an '09++ Ram - absolutely NOTHING! You will not regret buying this truck. I guarantee it."

Best truck ever!!

By on Thursday, April 1, 2010

"This has to be the best truck ever built. I just traded my 2010 sahara wrangler (junk) in on this bad boy.. Best Desicion EVER!! Love the HEMI. Dual exhaust. Tons of power, tons of room, Great Styling. what else could you ask for? great deals too. 37k sticker..paid 29k.. sorry Ford better luck next time."

Surprise!

By on Friday, February 26, 2010

"It seems as though the Daimler-Benz group finally leaked some quality into a vehicle. This is the finest truck I have ever driven! I am a Ford guy in a ford family. I have owned over 20 vehicels in 10 years of driving. Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Chevy, and Dodge. I researched the new Ram and it is a superb vehicle with very advanced tecnology that surpasses its competitors entirely. Let me tell you why: Value: A lifetime warranty on the drivetrain is unheard of. I am a landscaper and need the most reliable truck I can gt my hands on. This is it. I got it for 11k off msrp due to the economy. I ended up with a Big Horn, hemi, crew cab, 20 in wheels for 25k out the door. Reliablity: I use the truck daily and pull 6,000- 7,000 lbs all the time with little effort. No problems with reliability. Quality: Everything was built patience. You can tell. Cab is very quiet at 80mph. Doors shut with little effort and sounds solid. All buttons are firm and no wiggle room. Performance: 390 horsepower says it all. 0-60 times that compete with gt mustangs. ha! I can pull 3 mustangs behind me! Styling: The Daimler group has some say in this. The stying is the best the ram has ever had. The interior is so easy on the eyes and very functional. Comfort: I am 6'4" and this was the only truck that fit me well and made me feel like I was driving a truck. The seats in the ford are hard and unsupportive. The Chevy/GMC seats are too soft and make you feel like you are driving a Lincoln. These seats are perfect. Supportive and comfortbale enough to drive cross country. I already did! Overall Rating: There was no other choice bu to get the ram after trying every other truck numerous times. The rear suspension soaks up everything with no strain on yor back. This feelsl like a luxery truck with brawn and smarts. The only problem is that they wont make the 2009 Ram forever and everntually I will have to buy another truck. I do not look forward to that day."

sweet ride

By on Friday, November 6, 2009

"own mind for 1 year love it!!!"

Definitely a big contender

By on Friday, October 2, 2009

"Let me start off saying that I recently owned a 2007 Chevrolet Crew cab loaded. Sold it for a Dodge Sprinter...another great vehicle. The Chevrolet was a very nice truck, I got 16-18 mpg max, with low 3.24 (?) gearing. Sold with no problems at 18K. Just recently bought the dodge with 3.90 limited slip gearing and I am getting brand new 18 MPG only to get 1-2 mpg better. Not bad for a bigger, higher hp engine. Ride is unbelievable! Quality is just as good..but better in the fact that it has alot of safety features...(Mercedes). The seats are nicer, price was a little lower, better features. I really would recommend this truck for everyday use, as the ride out does all the others 10 time over. BTW... I always owned Ford and enjoy...not for me anymore. Take one for a spin, definitely worth a hard look!"

Smooth ride

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"What a truck. Truck gets amazing MPG with 5.7Hemi on hwy. A pure pleasure to drive and ride."

Best Truck ever

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "It's a Big Solid truck in every respect"

"One fine piece of machinery, that has served us well in the 5 years since purchased"

Dodge has done a great job with this package

By on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of luxury items for the money"

Cons: "Have not found any ."

"I love this truck. plenty of HP. great riding truck. I had a 06 2500 SLT and wanted nore options so I downsized to the 1500 Laramie and I tell you this truck is perfect for what I wanted. I use it to pull my bassboat and it has pleaty of power and torque.It will stay at interstae speeds while hauling and averages 19 MPG while hooked to the boat. I highly recommend the truck to anyone wanting a luxury vehicle and needs to have a truck to boot."

5th dodge, 3rd 3500

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "great pull power up to speed"

Cons: "takes twice as much fuel to get up to speed"

"I have owned 5 dodge rams, 1500, 2500, 3x3500. The 1500 is the only one that was not a diesel, the 2500 4x4, 4 dr, long bed, 5.7 cummings, great fuel milage but need to haul a heaver pay load gave it a 5 out of 5. 2 2005 dodge 3500, 4 dr, long bed, one was a 2 wheel drive and one was a 4x4, 5.7 cumming, great milage 24.8 and 24.6 mpg empty, 21.5 and 20.6 mpg loaded, gave it a 5 out of 5. Now the bad news. 2011 dodge ram 3500 4x4, 4 dr long bed, 6.7 cummings - 13 mpg empty hauling the same load as the other 3500 i got a whole 8.2 mpg LOST MORE THAN 12 MPG. all i can say DODGE we had a good run but i will NEVER buy another dodge."

Well worth the $$'s...great ride.

By on Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage and well-priced"

Cons: "NA"

"This 2009 Dodge Ram has been one of the best trucks I have owned. Smooth ride and low compartment noise. The Hemi engine has plenty of power and at 20+ miles/gallon on the highway, it is a well-built motor. The interior is well-designed with plenty of leg room for the backseat passengers and also plenty of hidden storage. Overall, great vehicle and will definitely continue driving a Dodge."

Best pickup truck I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Pros: "The price was better than Ford or Chevy"

Cons: "I wish it had an integrated trailer brake"

"Over the last 45+ years I have owned Ford Chevy and Dodge pickups. They have all been good to me with reasonable care and expense. However, I want to say that the 97 Dodge Ram 2500 was a little less capable than the 86 Chevy C20 Silverado. The 09 Ram 1500 Laramie that I currently own is by far the nicest and most capable of all the vehicles I have ever owned. I purchased it with 107000 miles on it at just over seven years since its in service date and it is truly just about perfect condition. Now of course it does have some wear on the leather steering wheel and a few scratches in the bed. However, there is no rust anywhere and the paint is just like new. This truck has been taken care of and is going to last me for a long time. The engine runs perfectly with no exhaust leaks or oil usage. The ride is excellent and absolutely everything works perfectly. I love the Rambox option and the crew cab is great when we take people with us. This Laramie is the two wheel drive model because I do not need four wheel drive and therefore will make a little better mileage. At this point I do not have anything bad to say about the truck. I can say that it has stood up very well for the years it has already been on the road."

Best truck i ever owed

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Get the warranty!"

"Had a few problems with this truck. I love the warranty! I would recommend this truck to anyone, but i definitely would purchase the extended warranty. Although the vehicle performs great, it seems that they don't have all the bugs worked out in the electrical system. Thank goodness for the warranty. The truck has plenty of power, rides like a Cadillac and is very comfortable. Love my wife's truck! HA HA!"

Truck already feels old.

By on Sunday, May 6, 2012

"Really a ton of brake problems with the truck, an issue with exterior lighting, a leather steering wheel and driver's seat side bolster that are already worn out, and so many squeaks, rattles, clunks and clicks from inside and outside of the truck. I've asked the dealer to make sure everything was okay, but they ended up telling these noises are just normal for Rams. If it is, that's pretty disappointing."

Get the HEMI

By on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"The HEMI makes the daily commute to work enjoyable. I love the style of the new Rams, but the drive is what sold me. I wouldn't have bought it without the HEMI. I had a 2008 GMC Sierra prior to my 2010 Ram. I don't regret my decision at all! I couldn't give 5 stars for quality because the turn signal feels hollow and cheap. I feel like I could break it easily."

My Favorite Truck

By on Thursday, November 18, 2010

"The only thing that I don't like is the gas milage but with the get-up-and-go of the Hemi I don't care. If I had to do it all over again I would no doubts or reservations--off road capabilities are excellent; bed size needs to be a full size standard instead of the short bed; in-floor storage is an excellent addition to an otherwise useless space, the touchscreen radio is also very neat with the harddrive, the performance is great with the Hemi and plenty of pulling-power-not so much with the 4.7; the seats are comfortable even on long rides; the ride is quiet--I put a MOPAR cold air intake and it makes a huge differnce in the sound of the engine and it seems more powerful-added horsepower and gas milage--15 city and 20 hwy--no joke. Simply Put: If you are looking for a great truck to be proud of and brag about for years to come you need to look no further than your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealer!!!"

Not good.

By on Monday, March 1, 2010

"I've owned my Ram for about 6 months now and have had many problems. Every week a new rattle or squeak comes up in the interior. Example: Driving down the interstate at about 80 or 85 you get a passenger front wind noise. It's very annoying especially when you're trying to have a conversation with the person next to you. Dodge has looked at it but can't find anything. Oh, did I mention that the front bumper is RUSTING!!!! This is definitely the last Dodge i will ever own."

Unbelievable

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I owned a 2003 quad cab, but even that did not compare to the awesome ride and power while still averaging 18-19 mpg. I have actually gotten 23 MPG highway with my 2009. I drove the new Ford and Chevy prior to making this purchase and they were not close on the ride or fuel economy. Strongly recommend buying if you need a real truck that wont break you at the pump."

First time buyer

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"This is the first time I've bought a truck. I've been a foreign car driver forever but I wanted to buy a domestic truck because of my work. My Dodge Ram has been a pleasant surprise. The truck drives very smooth, lots of room and is very quite which was a surprise. When I need the Hemi, the truck passes every vehicle with no problem. With all of the amenities (moonroof, heated seats, Sirius radio, bluetooth capabilities, Alpine stereo sytem)and the price I'm very happy. I would recommend this truck to anybody!"

Love my TRUCK!!!!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great Truck!!!!!"

Cons: "Minor wear and tear NO CONS on my end."

My Baby right after a bath and wax!!!

"I had a 2000 Dodge Ram before I bought this truck in Feb of this year. Loved my old one too, Just wanted an upgrade to power windows, locks ect and four doors. This truck runs and sounds great the only issue I have a minor things such as the plastic piece that holds the windows buttons has already came loose, the power plugs for 12v are loose, and the windsheild washer line has already broke ( this happened on my old ram as well)-- Other then the minor things (which this is a 5 year old truck) this truck is amazing.!!!! I would recommend a Ram to anyone and personally I will not ever own anything but a RAM!!!"

My Baby right after a bath and wax!!!

Best ruck I have ever driven

By on Saturday, August 1, 2015

Pros: "seats, no blind spots,"

Cons: "Hard to see radio and dash on sunny days"

"This is my second Dodge Ram and I plan to buy another when the time comes. I have driven Ford company trucks and they don't measure up."

Dodge did thier homework with this truck.

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Great value,"

"This is my second Dodge truck, it wont be my last. I bought this one fully loaded, nothing missing on this truck. It was well worth the investment. Still looks like it just came out of the showroom with one exception. The leather on the edge of the drivers seat started to delaminate. That's it, everything else is mint. Hwy 22 MPG, and I don't baby it. City averages around 13. Great power, fabulous ride, very comfortable for someone my size, 6-2/275. Plenty of leg and headroom. Have pulled John Deere trackloaders with this truck without any issues."

KBB only shows St Model/ Mine is an R/T model

By on Friday, June 5, 2015

Pros: "Power/Looks"

Cons: "None by me"

"This is a great vehicle for towing just about anything. Good power, great pick up when you hit the Gas. Muscle at its best"

I've drive them all...

By on Saturday, February 7, 2015

Pros: "a pure joy to drive!"

Cons: "factory sound system leaves a lot to be desired"

"I've had virtually every model truck out there, this is my first Ram and it is far & away the most fun to drive. My truck is 5 years old and still gets excellent gas mileage. (17 city/23 hwy) Great power when I need it, too. Interior is roomy enough for 5 big adults to be comfortable. I've upgraded the factory stereo to an Alpine head unit with a pair of Pioneer component speakers up front, Pioneer 3 way 6x9 ovals in the back. I also sacrificed the storage space under the rear seats for a 12" J&L sub and a 1000w Amp. Sounds so much beer than he factory system!"

Great Truck with great warranty

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"I just bought me an 09 Ram and got it for over 5K less than invoice according to KBB. I cant do nothing but brag on it so far. They even threw in a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty with a $100 deductible to go along with the lifetime powertrain warranty that it comes stock with, If I had it to do over again the only thing I would change is I would have gotten the Hemi instaed of the 4.7 but that would be basically just for bragging rights anyhow. So far I;m 100% satisfied with it and have no complaints."

nice truck

By on Saturday, May 13, 2017

Pros: "love to drive this truck!!!"

Cons: "only con is every time my son sees it he wants it."

"I love the ride of this truck. It handles nice and the suspension offers a great ride. I really have no complaints to speak of. I purchased the truck used 3.5 years ago. I was a bit nervous since I always preferred ford trucks, but have grown to love this truck more and more as time goes on. The 5.7 hemi actually gets better fuel milege than the ford 351. The only thing that scares me is my son has been bugging me to buy it for his concrete business. I told him yes about a year ago but the more I drive it I hope he forgets about wanting it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals