2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab

9.3

Based on 342 Ratings for the 2009 - 2010 models.

Love my truck

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

"I know that I have read pleanty of articles and hear many comments on why owning a ram is not a good thing. I would like to put in my two cents on this topic. I love my ram. We bought it brand new and almost immediatly took it across the country from North Carolina to Washington State. While moving we towed a huge trailer with no issues at all. It got a decent 18 to 19 MPG with a towed trailer going 65 on average the whole way. As far as fuel economy with out a trailer it gets about 25 MPG which is fantastic. The ride qualtiy is nice and comfortable with no issues here. The driver seat has electronic adjustable lumbar support and seat adjustments. It makes it easy to adjust if need be on the drive. Drive ability is easy as can be. The turn radius is nice and tight compared to the Chevy I owned prior to the Ram and it is easy to back up as well. The visiability while driving is great and to take care of any blind spots we installed a small spotter mirror on the trucks stock mirrors. One huge issue with thte truck however is its depritiation value after we bought the truck and rolled it off the lot much of its value was gone. We honestly will probably keep ours for as long as we can. I just hate knowing that we will not really ever get what we want in trade. They resale for much higher then the trade in is worth. At the end of everything what I really want to get across is that The truck I own is a great truck. It pulls its weight plus some and has not ever let us down."

BEST TRUCK I'VE EVER OWNED!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

"THIS IS MY SECOND DODGE TRUCK. I LOVE IT! IT IS PERFECT FOR ME. IT HAS PLENTY OF ROOM AND THE PERFORMANCE IS WONDERFUL. THE NEW HEMI GETS GOOD GAS MILEAGE AND HAS PLENTY OF POWER. I DRIVE IT TO WORK DAILY."

BEST TRUCK

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "DRIVES GOOD----LOT OF POWER"

Cons: "NONE"

BLACK BEAUTY

"BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED"

BLACK BEAUTY

best ride from a full size pickup.

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Hemi engine, Great ride, MPG's, Room for 6"

Cons: "Just the leaking Exhaust manifold."

"This truck has never let me down. I tow everything from a small work trailer to a full size camper (8000 lbs.)The Dodge Ram performs flawlessly. The crew cab has plently of room for the family during longer camping trips. Lots of storage space also the in floor bins work great for drinks. The only negative has been the exhaust manifolds that make noise when cold. Dodge has fixed twice under warranty. Truck will be going in again for same problem. Mileage has been the best of any other full size truck I have owned with a similar sized engine. The Hemi engine has plenty of power for whatever you want this truck to do. Snow, sand, mud, rocks, water can't stop this truck. Best thing is the improved ride from the rear coil springs and I drive about 35000 miles per year."

No Complaints! A must to consider

By on Friday, December 30, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, great towing and hauling capacity"

Cons: "Nothing off the top of my head."

"If your in the market for a truck, you must consider this one. I bought this truck used, and even now that I just crossed the 187000 mile mark, I decided it was time to write a review. My experience with this vehicle overall has been fantastic. Ill start with reliability. I have the 5.7 Hemi and with 187000 I've never had any repair costs outside of regular maintenance. In terms of quality, inside and out, 5 stars, not much to mention except the steering wheel looks a little rough (just a little finish rubbed off) something I would fix with a cover, however the steering wheel mounted radio controls prevent from installing one. Driving Dynamics: SO smooth riding and quiet. Even from outside the vehicle the engine is hardly noticeable. Right away when test driving the truck I was surprised with the turning radius. Maneuvers parking lots and tight spaces great, especially for a vehicle of its size, and when it comes to backing up, its a real leisure to drive (not something I really used to think about until I got this truck, its such a ease (especially with the visibility provided by the tow mirrors). Ill take a quick moment here to mention fuel economy. With the 5.7, it is equipped with MDS (Multi-Displacement System) that operates as a 4 cylinder when the extra power isnt needed. The truck will sip fuel beautifully if you keep 'er between 35-55 maybe 60, youll average around 24-26+ mpg. Approaching the 65 mark and you'll average closer to 16-17 on flat ground. Design: Ive never heard of someone hating the most recent Ram generations design. Its sleek, yet rugged, modern and has a purposeful look(inside and out). Design is a very opinionated thing to review, so I won't spend much time here. The interior was very well thought out with large comfortable seats, lots of leg room on the crew cab, and all the knobs and controls are easy and simple, even with gloves on. No lack of storage either with dual glove boxes and rear underseat and under-floor storage- (something I didn't know till I brought it home). My truck doesn't have the rambox. I would recommend though consider getting the front "bench" seat (not really a bench, more like two standard bucket seats with a seat in between). This doubles the capacity of your center console storage, and the extra seat does come in handy once in a while (you could fit three adults in the front easily). Comfort and convenience: The interior and ride quality are all top notch, more in line with a passenger car then a full sized truck. Lots of room as mentioned, and lots of little features here and there that make owning this truck a very rewarding experience."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals