2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 2165 Ratings for the 2002 - 2009 models.

Best vehicle that Ive ever owned.

By on Sunday, May 14, 2017

Cons: "A bit of wind noise around windows above 70 mph."

"My Ram was a great buy in 2005, got 11,000 off the sticker! Now with over 255,000 severe miles, its hard to find a fault. As a former Toyota owner, I expected to have a lot of problems, nope, The hemi is an incredible motor!"

Best auto I have ever owned .

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfort and towing capacity"

Cons: "None...."

"I always buy new cars or trucks and this Ram is the best Auto I have ever owned."

A man's truck

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "Fuel efficient for a truck"

Cons: "OEM tires = not enough grip in weather"

"Great truck, a little more maintenance then some vehicles but a strong running truck. OEM tires tend to slip when wet but put some new shoes on and off you go."

dont buy a used 2004, not worth it

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "strong with ATS trans"

Cons: "trans, brakes, rotors, hubs, ball joints"

"general tires wont last beyond 36k miles. hard on brakes, trans is weakest point, wait till you have the infamous death wobble in 3 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic, dont forget to keep replacing hubs, rotors, u joints and brakes, did I mention trans wont last. hard to get dodge to stand behind their product w/o a fight, remember you owe them for buying thier vehicle! on my 4th set of tires at 90k miles"

Money pit!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "towing, power"

Cons: "mechanical problems"

"To many mechanical problems. Bought it with 102,000 miles on it for $9,000 and in 3 yrs put a new heater core, Radiator, power steering pump, coolent pump, rear seal, upper control arm, ft bearing in it and now the steering rack leakes and the rear end chatters when taking off from a stop. So far its set me back aprox $4,000and im looking at another $2000."

I luv my DODGE!!!!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "NO other truck will do!"

"Best truck ever. Will never go back to chevy. I feel safe driving 50 miles daily for work. handles great in bad wyoming weather too."

great truck

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "great value for money"

"Best truck I have ever owned Tried a chevy but poor visability. Extremely poor mpg keeps me from buying a ford"

2002 dodge 1/2 ton truck quad cab

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "great price long lasting"

Cons: "low trade in, no recovery of cost when paid for"

"this has been a great truck for me 149,236 miles and going strong my second one my 98 has 259,623 miles and still going strong and i drive the heck out of them but i also maintain them!No complaints"

Best Truck I ever had

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Very big back seat Very confortable to drive"

Cons: "not parking lot friendly"

"I normally buy a new truck every 2 years but this has been one of the nicest and best driving trucks I have ever owned. I get great fuel mileage (24mpg) and it drives like A Dream. The back seat room is great its like having a SUV with a bed on it."

BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "every thing about it"

Cons: "none yet"

"I bought this truck with 1,100 miles on it. It now has 144,000 has never been to the shop for any engine/transmission work to date. Doing the proper up keep makes all the difference in the world. Most comfortable and reliable truck i have owned to date! The only two down sides to it are gas mileage, but if your buying a hemi your not to worried about that any way, and for some reason the front rotors like to warp easily even with the proper TQ."

Dodge fan

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"I've owned two full size Dodge PU both 4wd one 360 engine the other a 6.7 diesel wish it was a 5.9 l. I tow a camper and drive a lot in snow my only complaint is the best stock tires aren't worth the money they cost and the fuel mileage. I do have a 4:10 ratio but only get about 15MPG average (14 in winter and 16 in summer)"

Nice, dependable truck

By on Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"THis is the best truck I've ever owned! I bought used and over the last 2 years, have had absolutely no problems with 117k miles on the truck. It is very comfortable and tows my 30 ft trailor with no problem."

nice reliable truck

By on Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"i have an 04 and it hasnt givin me any trouble at all, it gets decent gas mileage for it to be a v8, its really nice on the inside and i think its still one of the best looking trucks on the road, good truck for the money"

Great truck

By on Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"I bought this truck new and have enjoyed every minute I have owned it. I have had absolutely no problems. The gas mileage with the hemi is better than I expected 17 city and 24 highway. It is a great towing vechicle with lots of power. The only reason I gave styling a 4 star rating is because the columns from the roof to the body are too wide. They create a blind spot which I need to be aware of at all times. I would recommend this truck to anyone."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"I am a fan of the Dodge Cummins. My first was a 95 2wd 2500 and it did everything and then some. I upgraded to this one, but still have the old one. This truck has done everything I have needed it to do and has SO MUCH power! I have had no mechanical issues whatsoever at 93,000 miles. The mileage is some of the best of today's trucks at 18+ mpg. Even towing, the mileage can be expected around 15mpg (and that's a stock trailer full of horses!). I do know, however, that the the 2007 model doesn't come close to matching the mpg's of this model year. This truck, although no major thrills inside, is very comfortable and I have made many long trips with minimal fatigue. I plan to drive this truck for many miles to come....and when its time to kick the bucket, I'll be knocking on Dodge's door again!"

Best vehicle I've ever had

By on Friday, February 19, 2010

"I have had this truck for almost 3 years and absoulutely love it. No probelms, just smooth sailing. Lifetime Drivetrain warranty, great price, kept it's value so far...Thanks Dodge for making a quality truck...Forget Ford. ...Garbage. Don't dodge it, ram it."

my truck

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"pretty decent truck, nothing spectacular, has a choppy ride, like most trucks, loves gasoline like a kid likes candy. pretty dependable, but dealer service from dodge is dismal at best."

Best Truck

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"I love my Dodge Hemi and would not trade it in for any other truck. Bought it brand new in 2005 and have never had to repair anything. If you change the oil and get the regular maint. you will be a very happy Dodge Fanatic. Would recommened to friends."

schnazzy with power to spare

By on Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"I have owned 4 f-350's. 2 with the 7.3, 1 with the 6.0 and 1 with the 6.4 liter engines. I loved the 7.3 but due to the junk that is the 6.0 and the 6.4 from ford, and we won't discuss the durajunk, I decided it was time to try out a dodge. I am only disappointed that I didn't try it sooner. I opted to get the 5.9 instead of the new 6.7 so that I could stick with a proven system. On power it blows any other diesel i have driven away, seems to only get stouter the more weight you put behind it. The ride is not as smooth as the ford, but it gives a stouter feel and I kinda like it. The air heater makes cold weather starting ( 0 degrees) a cinch. I aint lookin back"

06 2500 4x4 Quad shortbed Diesel

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Owned truck new since April 2006. Have 31,000 miles on it. Used to haul 8,000 pound tractor and 7,800 pound Skid Steer. My truck is an automatic so truck doesn't pull hard out of the hole until torque converter kicks in at around 45 mph. Seats stain if you get water on them but I hear this problem was resolved in 2007. Only had a few minor issues that were taken care of under warranty. Last week recirc blower motor went out. $18 part, $700 fix if taken back to the dealership. This part should not break but it does and there have been many complaints on it. Dodge is aware of problem but their answer to this problem is to upgrade the part and pass the cost of repair onto the consumer. To date this is my only beef with this truck. If you have an '06 or older than get ready, it's just a matter of time before this door or one of the other two in the HVAC system breaks. On the upside, the best thing about this truck is the cummins engine which, quite frankly, is the only reason I bought a Dodge. It's just too bad that it's wrapped in a Dodge. I get 19 to 20 on highway but this drops to 11-12 when towing my equipment."

dodge 1500

By on Sunday, December 20, 2009

"I GOT A REAL good deal. but i DO WISH IT HAD A BIGGER FUEL TANK ALSO IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF IT HAD CAME WITH FENDER GAURDS AROUND THE WHEEL WELLS. IT DID PULL MY 14 FT. INCLOSED TRAILER WITH A LOADED TWO PLACE 4X4 AND ALL MY GEAR QUITE WELL, I AVERAGED 12.4 MPG OVER ALL IN A 600 MILE HUNTING TRIP. WE DID NOT GET INTO MUCH SNOW. I WILL NO MORE ABOUT IT IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE. WE ARE TAKING A TRIP TO THE SNOW WITH GRAND CHILDREN PULLING A 24 FT. INCLOSED TRAILER WITH 2 FOUR WHEELERS THAT WEIGH CLOSE TO 500 LBS. APIECE. ALSO MY TWO UP AT 1500 LBS. AND ALL THE EXTRA GEAR TO KEEP WARM. IF IT DOESN'T DO GOOD IN THE SNOW I WILL LET YOU KNOW. MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL."

Tow Rig

By on Thursday, November 5, 2009

"The dodge is a much better value than the other 2 trucks from the big 3. The cummins 5.9 is a true and tested motor and offers excellent reliability. The quality of the truck is excellent except for the the thin paint that dodge uses and the design of the steering. The steering is an easy fix though, many aftermarket companies offer products to cure the common problems. The performance is huge out of this truck and with a few aftermarket hop ups this truck is an absolute beast. The dodge utilizes classic styling and with the laramie package the interior makes the truck feel like a car. The only thing that I dont like about my truck is the small backseat. For many people this isn't a problem but if you plan on carrying rear passengers often i would definetly recomend the mega cab model."

GREAT TRUCK

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"I love this truck. Dependable, rides great and overall recommend to buy if your looking for inexpensive truck with most bang for the buck... I have seen people with complaints of transmission, engine and other items.. Guess mine wasnt built on a Friday..LOL... I have the 4.7L but added mods to increase to about 300 hp... Its not the Hemi but the 4.7L is a good motor overall. I plan on keeping it for a long time..."

good truck

By on Sunday, October 18, 2009

"have had mine for a year now and after adding some after market parts it has ssome awesome power and great fuel ecconmy plan on keeping it till it dies"

I love my truck!

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"I love the way the truck looks, the way it drives, tows, all of the accessories available, I just love almost everything about it. The only problem I have found is the fuel economy. But that doesnt really matter because I bought the truck to haul, not because it sips gas. Overall, I just love it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals