1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab

8.3

Based on 1228 Ratings for the 1994 - 2002 models.

Real. Great. Truck.

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room and real fun to drive through the mud"

Cons: "Bad gas mileage."

"Best parts are its paid for, it has four wheel drive, and its mine. One guy said in a post before mine that if u buy one, plan on putting about two grand in it when u get it from the previous owner because of neglect. The guy I got mine from told me that his engine and transmission have been replaced about 100,000 miles ago. I think the transmission is starting to slip, and also, its using alot of oil. So, it seems as if I may have to make plans on replacing the both of them. Its a real good truck, though. I would definitely recommend it to someone else. But you won't be getting mine."

own 2 dodges

By on Saturday, March 6, 2010

"After owning a few fords 3/4 ton 4x4 in the 80s we stuck our neck out on a 2005 2500 HD 4x4 dodge.We had never owned a Dodge,actually my family still has the last dodge they bought,a 1936 1 1/2 ton truck,owned since the 40s.We were hoping that the V-10 would last 100,000 miles.Well,It did,and I will tell you the truth.I drove it today,out in the pasture,and then to town to get some cattle feed.It has over 330,000 miles on it.I havnt touched the engine.Went through the tranny at 150,000,because it wouldnt shift into Overdrive,so we went though it.other than that just here and there fixes.Brakes,tires,one water pump,3 thermostats,3 sets of plugs/wires,and 6sets of tires.I live in an area that I can see for at least 10 miles everywhere I look,and I will tell you that at least 100,000 miles has been bouncing in a pasture,25000 miles of 4x4 use,80,000 of just me and the truck,and the rest,almost 130,000 pulling a 5th wheel trailer,to sales 1/2 the time,loaded. I think that one of the keys to a long,healthy relationship with your truck is to have it serviced well,and by the same people.We have done that since we bought it.Co-op has always performed all the lube jobs on it,and we use Texaco Havoline in everything with pistons.10/30 in the V-10."

tough

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "extremely strong performance"

Cons: "very thirsty engine"

"always been extremely reliable. super strong, tough truck. very thirsty engine and goes through brakes fast, but are cheap and easy to replace."

best Diesel pickup on to road-gd. fuel milage

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "great heavy duty truck real hauler"

Cons: "starting cost of diesel much more than gas engine"

"this the second one of these I have had a'96 &'01 no problems on either-gd. fuel milage great highway-easy to maintain -a real workhorse -real beefy truck-great over the road hauler & towing '01 has much better brakes- body waxed & kept clean so no rust problems yet living in In. salty winters"

Liked it so much I just bought a 2009

By on Friday, September 7, 2012

Pros: "Even without 4 wheel drive, the view is great"

Cons: "low mileage especially when towing"

"I bought this 1996 Ram in 1999 with 68,000 miles on it. The only unexpected repair was a new fuel pump. We used it to primarily pull my boats, an 18' Bayliner and a 26' macgregor sailboat weighing almost 3700 pounds."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab near Honolulu. See local deals