2008 Dodge Magnum

Based on 535 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

Awesome car !

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Power or economy - you choose with your right foot"

Cons: "Lack of driver's seat memory"

"This is a heavyweight solid feeling very quiet wagon that can move with alactrity when needed. Freeway on-ramps are always entertaining. Adjustable pedals fit both of us 4'10" to 6'3" no problem. Our R/T with the Hemi gets 15 mpg in town and 21 on the highway - have seen 23.3 a couple of times! What's not to like?"

I love this car !

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "It's a Magnum !"

Cons: "No low rpm power."

"The first advertisement I ever saw for the Magnum hooked me... waited forever and found this 2008 with 36K and had to have it. Now, 3 years and 21K later it's almost everything I wished for. The almost is because of the 2.7L V6. Anemic at lower RPM's is the nicest way I can put it. Once the revs are up, it pulls nicely but I've learned to expand the danger zone when pulling into traffic. My only other issue with the car was severe road noise but that was cured completely by a new set of Hancook tires. Now, at speed, all I can hear is the exhaust. Ride is smoother and I gained one mpg, the car now consistently gets 26 mpg no matter where or how I drive it. As far as reliability, the car has been perfect, even after sitting for weeks at a time in an unheated garage. I had to have a tie rod end replaced, that's the only mechanical money spent on the car other than regular oil changes. I have a very bad upper back but the Magnum with it's new tires rides softly enough that I get negligible jolting on the roughest of roads, handling is very good and predictable. I live on a tightly winding highway along the Mississippi river and I drive it with the cruise set at a tad above the 55 speed limit and there's never any issues with the curves. If I need to pass someone, from 3000 rpm to the red line the 2.7L is actually pretty spunky. My car has the 6 CD changer stereo and Bluetooth. To me the Bluetooth system is the perfect way to go, talk to the dash and hear through the stereo speakers. with volume control. We old deaf guys like that sort of thing. So, that's what I think of the car. Would I buy another? Yes but sadly my 2008 is the last production year. The car is totally door nick, scratch and ding free, no clunks or rattles, and garaged in inclement weather. I'm trying to make it last forever. Or until Dodge starts making them again. So far so good."

Lots of Problems

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"We bought our first 2006 Magnum in mid-2006. It was a lemon -- literally. The check engine light repeatedly came on due to "misfires," and the car would go into "limp" mode on the freeway. We wound up returning it to the dealer and trading it under California's lemon law for another 2006 Magnum after only a few months of these problems. The second Magnum's check engine light came on for a "misfire" in the first few months. We took it to a different dealer and thought we had the problem fixed. Now, 18 months and 15,000 miles later, we have had this second car in the shop 4 times in the last couple of weeks due to the engine light coming on -- they can't seem to fix it this time. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR."

Wonderful car

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Low roof line makes it hard to see stop lights"

"This car is a blast, have owned it since 08 and never had a bit of problems. Fun to drive and it gets the looks to bad they do not make it anymore"

I want Dodge to bring it back.

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "MPG, Looks, Performance"

Cons: "front end design."

"I would buy this vehicle again and again and again. I get 28-32 mpg doing 62-65 mph, in a R/T!!! I drive between 90 to 120 miles a day. An 18 gallon tank will go 400 miles, that includes city driving. Does take mid grade gas, so it costs $.10 more a gallon. The double lower control arms / ball joints needs to be redesigned. Kind of a dumb design to have two pivot points and a slide point on the bottom and a single ball joint on the top. Did have to change the tie rod ends about 70,000 miles and the front end needed to be rebuilt about 85,000 miles. Other than that, I love this car. Would love to win the lottery, so I can buy a bunch of them and just put them away, until the one in front of it wears out."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Magnum near Honolulu. See local deals