2005 Dodge Magnum

Based on 541 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

Reliable and fun to drive

By on Monday, July 25, 2016

Pros: "Performance, reliability, comfort"

2005 Inferno Red Dodge Magnum

"My husband and I each owned a 2005 Magnum RT. Both were reliable, powerful cars and very pleasurable to drive. Neither one of us ever had to have any major work done. The interior was not as plush as I like but it was very comfortable and attractive. And the exterior styling was beautiful. I could never figure out why car reviewers gave the car such poor ratings. The car was a great hauler of people and cargo and fun to drive! I think Chrysler Corporation just had bad market timing with this vehicle; it will be a classic car in years to come."

2005 Inferno Red Dodge Magnum

Excellent

By on Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"The best highway cruiser I've ever owned. Even with the Hemi I get highway gas mileage in the 21-24 mpg range. Enough room for my family of four and enough punch for the dragstrip. I've seen the cars out there that sell for the same price and they aren't near the value of the Magnum. Mine is black and looks like a hot rod hurse."

Better than I thought...

By on Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"Bought an '05 Magnum-5.7 and so far it's been a great deal.Car got over 24MPG from Detroit to the Ohio River(350 miles).Had more than enough power in the mountains of W.Virginia.Slap-stick trans was fun to use in the curves.Car needs a tweak in the suspention to keep its'4100lbs from leaning at high speeds(but what do you expect from a station wagon w/120" wb)? Had tie rods replaced under warranty(35,000 mi.) The Continental tires the car came with were junk from the git-go!Put a set of Goodyear Assurances' on it and have had no issues since.Car has 50,000 on it and is still going strong.Too much plastic inside,but all-in-all the Dodge is well designed and is more than dependable. Next purchase will be the new Challenger 5.7! Buy American!!!"

BYE BYE SUGAR

By on Thursday, March 6, 2008

"I bought a Cool Vanilla Magnum I call Sugar in 2005 used. I have the "HEMI", and Sugar was good to me until the warranty ran out. Like clock work things started falling apart FIGURES!!! I spent $1855 in 2 weeks on car. First it started to cut off for no reason or warning. So I took it to the shop and had the Electronic Throttle Control replaced a whopping $400. Two days later it started shaking like it was having seizures and idling at 3 rpm at a stand still. Took it to the dealer and got a tune up and a throttle sensor, another $500. Guess what?? It still had seizures, it took the Dodge dealer a week and a half to figure out what was wrong with my car, and finally the verdict came in I needed a new Computer (Brain) for the car the circuit was fried?? ARE YOU SERIOUS.. another whopping $955. I loved ( noticed I'm using past tense) my car but she got to go. I am never buying a Dodge again period! My suggestion when your warranty is up either get rid of it, or buy another extended warranty. Don't take any chances learn from me MRS. NEGATIVE $1855. That was a mortgage payment. Here is just a little list of the problems I have encountered while having the car: the sunroof will not close all the way so I get a lot of wind noise. windows acting possessed won't roll up and down, navigation screen blanking out, tie rods worn fast, starter sometimes does not turn over never put 87 gas in this car, you will be sorry you."

SRT-8

By on Monday, December 3, 2007

"I purchased this car brand new and love it!!! I went to the dealer for an oil change on a Dodge 1500 and while I was waiting my salesman took me for a test drive. When I got back from driving that beast, I knew I had to have it. The only problems that I have with the car are minor and can be fixed. First of all, most of the interior is plastic, something you would not expect on a car that costs more than $40k. However, the boys from Dodge spent the money on the suspension, brakes and that monster 6.1L that sits under the hood. I took it to an interior shop and can have the door panels and console leather wrapped for about $1,000. The other problem I have is some poor construction (i.e. pinstripes did not line up perfectly, the dash pad was flawed, though the dealer replaced it). Otherwise, I love this car and will keep it till it dies. I average 19.4 miles per gallon and I have a very heavy foot. The milage is made up when crusing (i.e. 80 m.p.h. on the freeway is about 2000 rpm so the engine is basically at idol. If you have a chance to buy one before Dodge discontinues production, jump on it, you will not be sorry."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Magnum near Honolulu. See local deals