2018 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

in the last
60 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/5.9

6.9

Based on 422 Ratings for the 2009 - 2018 models.

7.2/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

By on Thursday, March 4, 2010

"This car is an absolute joy to drive. The power of the 3.5L engine is wonderful! The car is comfy to sit in. Better interior would be appreciated, but looking at all the competitors everyone uses too much hard plastic. Great ground clearance. Only went to a dealer to have the oil changed, everything else is solid and well built."

Not happy

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The most troublesome factor is the upholstery fabric, have already had front and back replaced. Even water leaves stains even after Scotchgard. Labeling over key slot is coming off. The soda can cooler is a joke, I had 2 cans of pop explode in there. I miss a digital compass and keyless entry remote. We have had lots of Dodges, but I will not purchase a Journey again."

So far Im Glad I bought this SUV!

By on Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Pros: "Very comfortable ride on long trrips."

Cons: "No handle over door or on the front window pillar"

"I finally traded in my Dodge Caravan for an SUV. After raising 10 kids and always owning a van or a mini-van I finally decided to down-size and step down to the Dodge Journey. I wanted something smaller than a van but I still wanted a vehicle with the 3rd row, so if the grandkids are visiting I still have enough room to bring everyone in one car instead of taking two! Make sure you get the 6-way power drivers seat with the 4-way power lumbar option. My wife and I both have had back surgery and the power seat was one feature that sold us on this vehicle, it will fit you like a glove and give you the support you need on long drives. We own one house in southern California and one in Arizona. The commute is 240 miles each way so we needed something that was comfortable enough to make the 4 hour drive without wiping us out The hwy mileage is pretty good at about 25 MPG if you use the cruise control and just set-it and forget-it. The 4-cylendar is a little weak when passing Big-Rigs on an uphill grade, but you just have to make sure you have enough room to get past before you go! The only thing I do wish this SUV had is hand-Grips above the doors so it would be a lot easier to get in and out since it does sit up quite high with the 17 tires and with a broken back it would help my wife get in especially on the passenger side. So far we are very happy with our new Dodge Journey!"

Nice SUV great built.

By on Thursday, January 11, 2018

Pros: "love the xm radio and all extra storage ."

Cons: "Needs bluetooth,and maybe GPS for travelers."

"Nice SUV so far reached 121000 miles with no problems only tires and oil changed so far awesome for trips rides in desert and downtown. Baby blue color stands out and if you keep it clean looks like new all the time very nice built awesome job dodge. Planning to purchase ram 1500 2013 in few days im very pleased with dodge product in overall."

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."