2018 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/5.9

6.9

Based on 428 Ratings for the 2009 - 2018 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Our third dodge journey

By on Monday, January 29, 2018

Pros: "awd great in snow!"

Cons: "third row seating difficult for adults"

"This vehicle has an unfair reputation. The V6 AWD models are great cars and come fully loaded for a price less than a base model traverse or explorer. We leased a 2014 Journey when our first child arrived and leased a 2016 Journey after that. We just turned in the 2016 and bought a brand new 2017 AWD GT Journey to coincide with arrival of our second child. Needless to say, this car is reliable, highly functional, great in the snow and on road trips, which is why we decided to buy a new journey after having leased them twice. Great car!"

Nice SUV great built.

By on Thursday, January 11, 2018

Pros: "love the xm radio and all extra storage ."

Cons: "Needs bluetooth,and maybe GPS for travelers."

"Nice SUV so far reached 121000 miles with no problems only tires and oil changed so far awesome for trips rides in desert and downtown. Baby blue color stands out and if you keep it clean looks like new all the time very nice built awesome job dodge. Planning to purchase ram 1500 2013 in few days im very pleased with dodge product in overall."

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."

Very Nice Value

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Price, features, build quality, 3rd row"

Cons: "exterior look - more Caravan than Durango"

"The Dodge Journey is the best value in it's category. I shopped around, and the amount of features for the $$ was unbeatable with the Journey. The V6 is a phenomenal engine with great power coupled with a smooth 6 speed trans. We don't use the 3rd row often, but it is a fantastic option to have available. I was never a Dodge fan, but I have been impressed with the quality and feel of the Journey. This may seem insignificant, but I like it when i close my car door and the vehicle feels solid. We have had no reliability issues just at 1 year of owennership! I have recommended this vehicle to my friends and family and look forward to purchasing a Durango in the near future."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "room and many little storage areas inside"

Cons: "the very back does not have the room of a mini van"

"I think that this is a great car, a great buy and it gives you a lot of room if you have a big family without looking like you are in a minivan. It has many extra feature to hide things and even in the back you really don't feel cramped. I was pleasantly surprised. I was all set to purchase a Toyota Highlander and the Dodge Journey won me over and was much cheaper."

cost to you. To do this, we display ads from only trusted partners.