2013 Dodge Journey

7.0

Based on 408 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.4/10
    7.2/10

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "room and many little storage areas inside"

Cons: "the very back does not have the room of a mini van"

"I think that this is a great car, a great buy and it gives you a lot of room if you have a big family without looking like you are in a minivan. It has many extra feature to hide things and even in the back you really don't feel cramped. I was pleasantly surprised. I was all set to purchase a Toyota Highlander and the Dodge Journey won me over and was much cheaper."

not worth the money spent

By on Friday, September 2, 2016

"we have had nothing but issues with our journey. the radio has been replace it was changing stations by itself. the passenger door actuator went out and you had to climb through the car to let the passenger inside. they missed a spot on the roof of the car when they were painting and you can see clear coat right over the primer. the car is two years old and now the hood of the has bubbles starting under the paint. we liked the car for the third row. the third row is very deceiving on the size. a small child is cramped in the third row seat."

Love It!

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"I bought my Journey a year ago and love it. We live in the country and were unable to get out of our driveway in the past when we got snow unless it was plowed. This past year my AWD Journey made it right out. I am extremely happy with the vehicle, I use synthetic oil in it and get 20 mpg city and 23.5 highway. I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is the interior lights. I have UConnect and as a result halogen lights are required and they do not illuminate the vehicle very well. Also there are floor lights that I find to be very annoying when driving at night. (I am unable to shut these off unless I want the dash to be dimmed.)"

BEST AFFORDABLE SUB FOR THE FAMILY!

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Pros: "Very Affordable, Safe, Power Everything, 3rd Row"

Cons: "Value Decreases Quickly"

"I just purchased the 2012 Dodge Journey AVP in September of 2016. I am so happy I chose this SUV! I have come to really enjoy Dodge and this car was just as reliable and affordable as I have come to expect from them. If your like me and simply cannot afford 30k for the Toyota Highlander or Ford Explorer - the Dodge Journey is perfect for you! My kids love the third row seating and it is functional as well as comfortable. The drivers seat is super comfy and the smooth ride makes me feel safe. There are so many little convenience features- driving the Journey is very rewarding! There are lights that illuminate the ground at night when your stepping out of the car, great for making sure you have good footing. The dash is a array of functional features including range according to what is in the gas tank and real time MPG. The fabric interior is soft but durable, the wear and tear from children does not scare the Journey one bit. The climate control is excellent for keeping everyone happy and comfortable. The walk up unlock feature is awesome if your carrying a baby and can't fumble with keys to unlock the doors - simply approach the car with keys and it welcomes you by unlocking. The exterior is sharp and modern - it is a cool looking car. Get basically all the space of a minivan without the bulky look. The rear seats fold down so you have plenty of room if you need to haul groceries or furniture. For being a large SUV the Journey is super easy to drive - and it is not hard to see where your going without a back up camera. Power doors, windows, moon-roof, heated mirrors, climate control, nice stock speakers, and touch screen radio make this car my new favorite in the Dodge line. If your like me and just can't waste 30 - 40 grand on a car but still want something functional and nice - don't wait any longer - get the Journey and you will not regret it!"

Not my best decision.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2016

Pros: "comfortable, roomy, 3rd row, lots of space."

Cons: "needs brakes often, not reliable or dependable."

"I bought it when I started putting money into my Toyota Highlander at 250,000 miles and traded it, 3 years ago. I should have kept it. It ran better at that high mileage than this one. When I first bought it I had the problem of the car shutting off, the ignition was replaced, then a year later I replaced the transmission (thank God I got the extended warranty). The brakes go in this car every 3 months. (Again very thankful I have a reasonable mechanic) The brakes are not made big enough for the size of this vehicle. It drives nice and it's very roomy and comfortable. This year it wouldn't start, I replaced the starter, the relay and a few fuses but it can still do it from time to time. It's just not reliable. Hoping to trade it soon and go into a more reliable vehicle. I personally would not spend the money on this model or year. Although I know people who have the AWD and love it. I have the FWD."

SAFE GREAT VEHICLE

By on Sunday, November 13, 2016

Pros: "roomy, drives well, good gas mileage for size"

Cons: "this model did not have driver power or lumbar"

"My husband had a head on collision in our 2013 Journey and by the grace of God he walked away. It was totaled but I feel had he been in a smaller or different SUV things wouldn't have turned out so well. I went and got a new 2016 Journey because of this when I was able to replace."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Great Value"

"This car is great for a family and driving kids around. With the third row seat it is very versatile. Good power and decent gas mileage."

By on Thursday, March 4, 2010

"This car is an absolute joy to drive. The power of the 3.5L engine is wonderful! The car is comfy to sit in. Better interior would be appreciated, but looking at all the competitors everyone uses too much hard plastic. Great ground clearance. Only went to a dealer to have the oil changed, everything else is solid and well built."

never again!

By on Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"i bought this 4 cyl for my job (delivery) for "good gas mileage" boy did i pick the wrong car! my 2001 grand cherokee awd v8 gets the same mileage. not to mention the fact that it takes 20 min to get to 60mph with the air on. im a mopar girl all the way...and will continue to be when i trade this PIECE in ASAP"

Excellant vehicle ever

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Good on gas mileage drives nice. my husband and i were looking around last year (2008) for a new vehicle test drove Chevy Equinox and the Buick Enclave cept on coming back to the Dodge Journey. We bought the R/T with evertyihng in it my husband and I love it."