2012 Dodge Journey

7.0

Based on 416 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "room and many little storage areas inside"

Cons: "the very back does not have the room of a mini van"

"I think that this is a great car, a great buy and it gives you a lot of room if you have a big family without looking like you are in a minivan. It has many extra feature to hide things and even in the back you really don't feel cramped. I was pleasantly surprised. I was all set to purchase a Toyota Highlander and the Dodge Journey won me over and was much cheaper."

Not my best decision.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2016

Pros: "comfortable, roomy, 3rd row, lots of space."

Cons: "needs brakes often, not reliable or dependable."

"I bought it when I started putting money into my Toyota Highlander at 250,000 miles and traded it, 3 years ago. I should have kept it. It ran better at that high mileage than this one. When I first bought it I had the problem of the car shutting off, the ignition was replaced, then a year later I replaced the transmission (thank God I got the extended warranty). The brakes go in this car every 3 months. (Again very thankful I have a reasonable mechanic) The brakes are not made big enough for the size of this vehicle. It drives nice and it's very roomy and comfortable. This year it wouldn't start, I replaced the starter, the relay and a few fuses but it can still do it from time to time. It's just not reliable. Hoping to trade it soon and go into a more reliable vehicle. I personally would not spend the money on this model or year. Although I know people who have the AWD and love it. I have the FWD."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Great Value"

"This car is great for a family and driving kids around. With the third row seat it is very versatile. Good power and decent gas mileage."

Liking the Ride 1017 Dodge Journey

By on Friday, May 26, 2017

Pros: "Ride, handling with AWD,"

Cons: "None yet."

"Have had it for a few weeks but have not put many miles on but so far I like the ride, smooth, like the power V-6, and it just feels good to drive. Also, the size is just right since we added another stray dog to pack at home. I will be taking my two with me on short hops. Will update after some miles accumulate."

By on Thursday, March 4, 2010

"This car is an absolute joy to drive. The power of the 3.5L engine is wonderful! The car is comfy to sit in. Better interior would be appreciated, but looking at all the competitors everyone uses too much hard plastic. Great ground clearance. Only went to a dealer to have the oil changed, everything else is solid and well built."

never again!

By on Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"i bought this 4 cyl for my job (delivery) for "good gas mileage" boy did i pick the wrong car! my 2001 grand cherokee awd v8 gets the same mileage. not to mention the fact that it takes 20 min to get to 60mph with the air on. im a mopar girl all the way...and will continue to be when i trade this PIECE in ASAP"

Not happy

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The most troublesome factor is the upholstery fabric, have already had front and back replaced. Even water leaves stains even after Scotchgard. Labeling over key slot is coming off. The soda can cooler is a joke, I had 2 cans of pop explode in there. I miss a digital compass and keyless entry remote. We have had lots of Dodges, but I will not purchase a Journey again."

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."

not worth the money spent

By on Friday, September 2, 2016

"we have had nothing but issues with our journey. the radio has been replace it was changing stations by itself. the passenger door actuator went out and you had to climb through the car to let the passenger inside. they missed a spot on the roof of the car when they were painting and you can see clear coat right over the primer. the car is two years old and now the hood of the has bubbles starting under the paint. we liked the car for the third row. the third row is very deceiving on the size. a small child is cramped in the third row seat."

Best crossover ever

By on Monday, December 7, 2009

"This is the best crossover I've ever driven. We use to have a Caliber and loved it as well, but as our family grew we needed something larger and the Dodge Journey is perfect. Great handling (specially in the snowy hills of Eastern Iowa). Good gas mileage (averaged 26 mpg on two separate 2000+ mile trips). Would recommend the SXT or R/T over the SE as the larger engine comes in handy in hilly conditions."