2012 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 420 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

You get what you pay for

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "affordable, roomy in front, lots of storage places"

Cons: "cheep"

"I wanted an affordable car with a 3rd row seat and that's what I got however the 3rd row seat is never used because no one will fit. There is the loud sound when you turn the wheel and the dealership says it is a mud flap issue???? I know it isn't. There is something wrong. I wish I would have waited for a 2010 or 2011 when the defects were worked out. I have had it for over 3 years now and it has always been dependable but I'm ready to trade it in for something that doesn't make me so nervous to turn the wheel."

Worst vehicle I've ever owned!!!

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "it has 4 wheels"

Cons: "this car is one big CON!"

"No joke....this is by far the worst vehicle I've ever owned. If I could have rated it 0 in the ratings section I would have. I have a 2009 Dodge Journey, I bought it in Dec 09 as a used vehicle....6 months later I had to completely replace the engine. Because it was 2000 miles over the warranty (I had 38000 miles on it at the time), I had to pay the whole thing out of pocket. The brakes are in constant need of replacing. In the summer, if it gets too hot, the air conditioning stops working. If it gets too cold, the heat stops. When it rains, the car will stall and it sounds like it doesn't want to shift into gear. I traded my old car for this to have something more reliable, big mistake!!! I'm stuck with it for another 3 years, as soon as its paid off though...its gone!"

So far I love to hate my Journey...

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Excellent price for a 7-seater, decent hwy mileage"

Cons: "Tire sensor issue, brake issue, suv town mileage"

"I have been the proud owner for about 6 months, and find it a lot more comfortable to drive than my Dodge Durango (1999). Down side is the dashboard is waaaaay too deep and it's difficult to get an accurate idea exactly where the front end of the vehicle is."

GAS GUZZLER OF A 4 CYL.

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Handles great very responsive, decent price,"

Cons: "Gas mileage is poor, interior is small"

"I bought this car for my wife who transports small children and does the typical running around with the kids in tow. We gave up an Impala getting 17mpg city for the Journey that was rated at 19. We are currently getting 13.8mpg city and 20.5 highway. A far cry less than the advertised mileage. The handling and styling are nice, the interior is too small to accommodate the infant car seats and toddler seat comfortably but it can be done. The larger toddler is crammed against the drivers seat for the infant seats to fit in the third row. There is no ease or convenience in the interior of this car for small children."

Worst Vehicle ever

By on Friday, March 11, 2011

"Our spent the first month of ownership at the dealership. The dealership tried to deny our rental car coverage when we had purchased the extended warranty. It requires new brakes every 10k miles. My Chevy truck requires new brakes every 150K. It makes noises and rattles all the time. Would never buy another."