2012 Dodge Journey

7.0

Based on 413 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "room and many little storage areas inside"

Cons: "the very back does not have the room of a mini van"

"I think that this is a great car, a great buy and it gives you a lot of room if you have a big family without looking like you are in a minivan. It has many extra feature to hide things and even in the back you really don't feel cramped. I was pleasantly surprised. I was all set to purchase a Toyota Highlander and the Dodge Journey won me over and was much cheaper."

Not my best decision.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2016

Pros: "comfortable, roomy, 3rd row, lots of space."

Cons: "needs brakes often, not reliable or dependable."

"I bought it when I started putting money into my Toyota Highlander at 250,000 miles and traded it, 3 years ago. I should have kept it. It ran better at that high mileage than this one. When I first bought it I had the problem of the car shutting off, the ignition was replaced, then a year later I replaced the transmission (thank God I got the extended warranty). The brakes go in this car every 3 months. (Again very thankful I have a reasonable mechanic) The brakes are not made big enough for the size of this vehicle. It drives nice and it's very roomy and comfortable. This year it wouldn't start, I replaced the starter, the relay and a few fuses but it can still do it from time to time. It's just not reliable. Hoping to trade it soon and go into a more reliable vehicle. I personally would not spend the money on this model or year. Although I know people who have the AWD and love it. I have the FWD."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Great Value"

"This car is great for a family and driving kids around. With the third row seat it is very versatile. Good power and decent gas mileage."

I love the Journey Crossroad.

By on Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive & looks mean."

Cons: "Wish it had a HEMI."

"I bought this car in May, 2016. So far only oil changes, tire rotations & windshield wipers have been done. Looks great and has never had a problem. The 3.6L V6 has plenty of power And is very smooth. When taking trips to Dallas & Houston with 5 people & luggage, the Journey has been wonderful.Everyone has plenty of room and the seats are great. I get regular compliments on my Journey from complete strangers. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a 7 passenger SUV."

By on Thursday, March 4, 2010

"This car is an absolute joy to drive. The power of the 3.5L engine is wonderful! The car is comfy to sit in. Better interior would be appreciated, but looking at all the competitors everyone uses too much hard plastic. Great ground clearance. Only went to a dealer to have the oil changed, everything else is solid and well built."