2011 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 420 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Not as great as I thought

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Back up camera, appearance"

Cons: "Small, uncomfortable, loud cabin"

"I have owned this vehicle for 13 months now,"

Worst Brakes/rotors and caliber performance ever.

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Great engine and gas mileage"

Cons: "Breaks, rotors and calibers replaced 3 times.YIKEs"

"I just traded in my 2009 Journey R/T because I was getting ready to put my 3rd set of brakes and rotors at 55,000 miles and also thought about purchasing new calibers thinking that they where the cause for the early demise of the brakes and rotors. Our first set of brakes where changed out at 15,000 miles and we purchased non-MOPAR ceramic brakes and pads, but had to replace them again at 31,000 miles and at 53,000 miles they went bad again. Decided this piece of metal needed to be traded in for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The V6 engine was powerful and got great gas mileage of 27miles to the gallon Highway. The paint job was shabby and began fadeing and easily scratched. There where suttle pieces of dirt noted in the paint itself. Paint was already flaking off the mirrors. Chryler really failed with this vehicle. They would not recognize the problem and still will not or else they would have had a recall. Also, the R/T Journey only has one tire provider, KUMO, for that size tire and those tires are on back order and cost almost $270 per tire to replace. You had better hope that you don't get a flat while they are on backorder. That was never disclosed when I purchased the vehicle. The Nav system was a joke and very difficult to use. The maps expired less than a year later and to upload new maps, Chrysler wants almost $250 to do that. You can buy a new Garmin with lifetime maps for that."

Good vehicle horrible key design.

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

"I have only had two problems with this vehicle one the wheel bearing are very expensive and needed replacement at 40,000 miles. The second proble is the electronic key that goes dead after six months of use I am already on my second key going dead and it is only 2009. It is so embarrassing to open with the back up key and everyone stares at you cause the alarm goes off till you start it."

weak vehicle

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Price is good."

Cons: "no hand rest"

"Bad head rest can not be ajustable.The battery location is bad. the dash board and left and right door bad hard cover. weak vehicle and Noisy very noisy at the high way. No arm rest. The desighn is beautiful look good. The price is not bad.over all because of very noisy at the high way I am not suggest for anybody."

Horrible don't buy!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "cheap, LIFETIME POWERTRAIN"

Cons: "maintence schedule on a 4 cyl is more aggressive $"

"Brake's wear out in approximately 20,000 miles. Poor construction has lead to noise under the hood that we cant figure out where it is coming from. Bought it when it had a lifetime Powertrain. If you do not have a lifetime powertrain warranty, sell the car. If you are thinking about buying it don't!"