2011 Dodge Journey

7.0

Based on 418 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Worse vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Pros: "CHEAP"

Cons: "EVERYTHING"

"I have had the vehicle since June of 2016 and it only had 6 miles on it. Once it started getting warm i took it back to the original dealership and they told me since it was a black vehicle that is why it did not work. It is Feb 2017 and it has been in the shop for over 50 days just for the A/C. They cant find anything wrong with it but they dont check the air blowing out of the vent. I have taken it to Three dealerships to try and get this fix and they all keep telling me there is nothing working with it. I finally bought a InfraRed Thermometer and took pictures of the reading to prove my point. I used a bodys shops previous but they didnt believe that one. So, at 70 degrees outside and driving over 100 miles it still was blowing 68 degrees on the Drivers side and 65 on the passengers side then 72 in the back. Prior to that I drove it 7 miles and it still didnt cool. I let it set in the shade and it was 65 outside and the A/C was blowing 83 degrees. I have contacted the NDSC and they told me that since the A/C wasnt need to function properly that they couldnt help me, so I am stuck with the car. I have also talked with FCA and waiting to see if they will give me a 1-5% discount on a NEW car but still having to pay my remaining balance on this one. There is a never ending battle. OH! and the Arkansas States Attorney Generals office doesnt really have attorneys working for them so they werent any help either."

worse car I ever owned

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

"not at all"

Not as great as I thought

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Back up camera, appearance"

Cons: "Small, uncomfortable, loud cabin"

"I have owned this vehicle for 13 months now,"

Worst Brakes/rotors and caliber performance ever.

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Great engine and gas mileage"

Cons: "Breaks, rotors and calibers replaced 3 times.YIKEs"

"I just traded in my 2009 Journey R/T because I was getting ready to put my 3rd set of brakes and rotors at 55,000 miles and also thought about purchasing new calibers thinking that they where the cause for the early demise of the brakes and rotors. Our first set of brakes where changed out at 15,000 miles and we purchased non-MOPAR ceramic brakes and pads, but had to replace them again at 31,000 miles and at 53,000 miles they went bad again. Decided this piece of metal needed to be traded in for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The V6 engine was powerful and got great gas mileage of 27miles to the gallon Highway. The paint job was shabby and began fadeing and easily scratched. There where suttle pieces of dirt noted in the paint itself. Paint was already flaking off the mirrors. Chryler really failed with this vehicle. They would not recognize the problem and still will not or else they would have had a recall. Also, the R/T Journey only has one tire provider, KUMO, for that size tire and those tires are on back order and cost almost $270 per tire to replace. You had better hope that you don't get a flat while they are on backorder. That was never disclosed when I purchased the vehicle. The Nav system was a joke and very difficult to use. The maps expired less than a year later and to upload new maps, Chrysler wants almost $250 to do that. You can buy a new Garmin with lifetime maps for that."

Good vehicle horrible key design.

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

"I have only had two problems with this vehicle one the wheel bearing are very expensive and needed replacement at 40,000 miles. The second proble is the electronic key that goes dead after six months of use I am already on my second key going dead and it is only 2009. It is so embarrassing to open with the back up key and everyone stares at you cause the alarm goes off till you start it."