2011 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 420 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

What a LEMON

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "decent mpg, nice looking vehicle"

Cons: "bad brakes, misfiring cylinders, bad customer serv"

"BRAKE ISSUES and ENGINE PROBLEMS. Bought this vehicle brand new 19 months ago. It has been in the shop more than not. Chrysler’s not willing to back their product. After about a week of ownership received letter from Chrysler there was a known brake defect and they would warranty them with deductibles up to 36k miles vs 12k. At 7445 miles I had brake issues. Dealership fixed no charge. At 19653 had second brake job. At 24k more brake issue, rotor and pads replaced on front and back, $50 deductable. At 28000 miles 3rd brake job all 4 wheels, calibers hang up $100 deductable. I had the vehicle in 9x for brakes. Also engine misfire. Now there is a lifter noise. Contacted Chrysler asked for assistance. Asked to have replaced under LEMON LAW. They said wasn't a lemon, would not waive deductible for brakes. The moldings around the front doors have been replaced 3x and the overhead consol was also replaced 3x. Had a friend who bought the same vehicle one week after me. She traded hers off within the first sixt months due to the same engine problems I experienced. Reviewed various websites and found SEVERAL reviews with the same issues. Chrysler delivered a very bad product with the 2010 Journey. NOT HAPPY LOOSING MONEY, between the down payment and current trade in value, I am loosing $6000 but to put new brakes on every 7 to 13000, I will go broke. Saying good bye to Chrysler and hello to GM."

This car is vastly under-rated

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

"I have owned this car for more than two years without any issues at all. The interior is well designed, and the 8.4" screen is very helpful. Several of my neighbors have bought Journeys as well due to this car. The stance and wheels are great as well."

Owned 2010 4yrs next month, bought a new crew

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "7 passanger, 6 cyl. lots of toys to play with."

"Our 2010 SXT was excellent. 7 passanger, 6 cyl. ran great. put 45K miles on it and traded it yesterday for a new 2013 journey crew, fully loaded. Plenty of room to take the grand kids on vacation. Rides better than the 3 previous Cadillacs we've owned. Would reccomend this to anyone looking for a great comfortable suv. Always get the 6 cyl. lots of power to spare. Lots of toys on the new one to make traveling fun."

I would replace

By on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"I have had my 2009 since June of 09 and I love it. The third row seats folds flat which gives me room that my previous mini van didn't for groceries. This is by far the best vehicle for the money I have owned that fits my family of 6. If I wrecked it today, I would have another one tomorrow. I don't regret my decision one bit."

not worth the money spent

By on Friday, September 2, 2016

"we have had nothing but issues with our journey. the radio has been replace it was changing stations by itself. the passenger door actuator went out and you had to climb through the car to let the passenger inside. they missed a spot on the roof of the car when they were painting and you can see clear coat right over the primer. the car is two years old and now the hood of the has bubbles starting under the paint. we liked the car for the third row. the third row is very deceiving on the size. a small child is cramped in the third row seat."

Love it!

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Lots of car for the money, very comfortable seats!"

Cons: "Some of the plastic in the interior feels cheap."

"I love everything about this vehicle, it's so much car for the money! I most enjoy the way it drives, very smooth gear shifting, you don't even feel it. For such a large vehicle i'm pleased with the gas mileage, we get about 19mpg around town with all the stop and go. Also the seats are extremely comfortable, great for long trips! We are truly loving this vehicle and plan to keep it for a very long time!"

Dependable and comfortable

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

"This is a Great car with good gas milage for its size and utility. It can carry up to 7 passangers, tow a trailer, have luggage on the roof rack and still get 23 miles per gallon on the highway and in comfort. You cant't beat that. With a standard load and a cold air intake I get 27-30 MPG on the highway. That is great for a V6 SUV. For the price it out does the competition. Cost $2000-5000 less then anything in its class as equipt"

Love It!

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"I bought my Journey a year ago and love it. We live in the country and were unable to get out of our driveway in the past when we got snow unless it was plowed. This past year my AWD Journey made it right out. I am extremely happy with the vehicle, I use synthetic oil in it and get 20 mpg city and 23.5 highway. I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is the interior lights. I have UConnect and as a result halogen lights are required and they do not illuminate the vehicle very well. Also there are floor lights that I find to be very annoying when driving at night. (I am unable to shut these off unless I want the dash to be dimmed.)"

Get the bugs out.

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"My 09 Journey STX is 10 months on the road has 29000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times so far. The vehicle has never broken down on me but there has been many issues that are annoying and are not acceptable. Most recent was that with in 25K miles the brake pads have worn down and the pads worn uneven and even had scorn the rotter from what the service manager told me "Too Much Metal in the pads." and of course they didn't warrant it because it was a wear item. Pads never made it to the indicators but damaged rotter so expensive fix at my cost. Yea thats High Quality Mopar Parts. The AC makes a loud rattle that has yet to be fixed, there was a grinding noise from the steering and was found that the reservoir was too small after several trips in, There was a creek in the pillar passenger side that took 2 service shop attempts and one full day the body shop to locate the fix. In the process they damaged the headliner and scratched up several places on door panels and other plastics. So back to the shop for a new headliner when delivered. Door hinges tend to start to make a spring sprung sound they fix with loading up on grease. Sunroof makes loud rub noise when opening in vent position. Last thing I can think of is that the alarm has gone off 2 times and the only way to turn if off is use the pull out key to unlock the door because the fob won't respond. The dealer hasn't been able to duplicate so guess I will have to live with this. Okay so the good about the vehicle is that it does have a good amount of power with the V6 but it averages around 18 to 21 mpg on a regular basis. One of the main features and reasons for the purchase was the towing. The 3500 lbs tow is a bit much for the car on speeds of 45 mph or more but around town it does okay. The gearing for 1st 2nd and 3rd are way too close together so shifting with manual mode you just bump through all three gears within 20 mph. It is a fairly comfortable ride and roomy car. The AC works very well and with the rear ac option the car cools down fairly quick. Don't count on the dash drink holder to cool your drinks as it heats up when car is off and runs off the ac so you get a slightly cooler than room temp drink. The under floor mats drink holders don't have drain holes so you have to be careful not to get carpet wet when emptying. Good amount of storage room through out. The interior lighting is fair and attractive. Traction is good and the car stops fast and hard when needed. This was very impressive to me when I had to nail them once because a kid road his bike right out in front of me. The third row seating is cramped and when you sit the seat up there isn't but 12 inches of cargo room which won't even hold most coolers or items for the trip. Overall, the vehicle has many good options and has been reliable to get from point A to B but I have found that the quality isn't what I expected or as good as the Nissans I always had in the past. Also one MAIN POINT to get across is, within 6 months and 18K miles I went to trade due to the unsatisfied towing I needed and found that I had already lost 11K in depreciation. Now in less than a year that has increased to about 15K..... That's a 65% loss in less than 10 months. I hope this helped in your decision. It would have if I had know before I bought."

Great car

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "AWD great in bad weather.Comfortable lots of power"

"Only problem has been bluetooth. Took 2 trys to get it fixed. Commute 130 miles a day now have 31000 miles on 2011. V6 engine,winter average mileage about 24. Summer average about 26. Lowest average milage for week driving was 21.2 Highest for week was 28.1. Great ride and handling love the nav and hands free. Been really great having to haul around grandkids."