2010 Dodge Journey

7.0

Based on 418 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Incredible family car, great value

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Best value by far in it's class. Beautiful, solid"

Cons: "none."

"This SUV has been dramatically improved in every way. It's roomy, very family friendly, and one of the only mid-sized SUVs with a usable third row seat. The seats can be arranged so all 7 of us have adequate leg space. Very quiet ride, solid feel, handles great, incredibly nice interior and electronic features. This is the best value in its class. Also a number one safety pick, so you will get a safety discount on your insurance while keeping your kids as safe as they can be."

Excellent Vehicle for Road Trips.

By on Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Handling and Engine Power"

"This vehicle went beyond our expectations, we took a road trip this summer from Texas to Illinois back down to Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana and back to Texas. We covered 11 states and drove about 3500 miles. We also went from 0 Feet above see level to above 6500 above sea level. In regards to performance we did no have an issue, it managed to keep a smooth and fast ride up hill and lots of power going up the Smokey Mountains. It does have lots of power and allows you to get out of a Jam when you need to punch the gas. We have 2 children a 10 year old and a 6 year old and they managed to have enough space to carry all their gear in the back seat. The cargo bins in front of the rear seats came in handy to keep all DVD movies and our kids gear , we also used one of them as a cooler and managed to keep all of their snacks handy. Cargo area was big enough to carry 8 pieces of luggage and all souvenirs accumulated on our 2 week vacation. Nice Journey Dodge!"

Solid car, happy with choice

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, attractive"

Cons: "Backseat leg room, lack of passenger power seat"

"Note: Our previous car was a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica which we loved. If Pacifica was still being made, we probably would have bought another. It spoiled us with it's roominess and general comfort as well as both driver and passenger power seats which were on the base model. It was also very reliable. Okay, time to move on to our Dodge Journey: I own the 6cyl. SXT model with 3rd row seat. I love the acceleration ability, general comfort and smooth ride. Fuel economy is okay - seems like I have to fill pretty often but the electronic fuel econ. usually reads in the 21-23 range. Cons: Lacking in rear leg room compared to our previous crossover. No power seat for passenger. Salespeople at numerous dealerships are very confused about what Uconnect/Bluetooth/handsfree really mean. Please research before purchasing. Pros: Attractive car, really good engine in 6cyl model, like the flex seating w/3rd row when needed. LOVED all the cubbies and storage when first viewed the car, but ironically hardly ever use them."

2011 DODGE JOURNEY

By on Friday, September 6, 2013

Pros: "reliability,mileage,ride and hauling"

Cons: "a little under-powered, but not a problem"

"Owned approx 3 years with 29,000 mile. only thing I've done are oil changes still original brakes. no problems I have 4cyl auto. all around mileage approx 20mpg Highway approx 27-28mpg. Been a very reliable SUV. rides great and can carry a ton of gear."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Price, Room, amenities, styling"

Cons: "Battery location, a few blind spots"

"Probably one of the best cross overs on the market right now. All the bugs from the older models have been ironed out with the 2013. Love the 8 inch uconnect screen and individual climate control, sat radio. Had the Leather Seating added at the dealer with no problems. Fit and finish are as good as any on the market right now. Rides stiffer than the Grand Cherokee it replaced but not a big complaint about that. Got the SXT with the 3rd row and have not had any issues with that. Loads of cargo room in the back, 4 power ports through out. We got the 2.4 straight 4 and although its not a deamon on the starts. it does get the job done and will easily cary a full load of passengers and stuff in the back. The only bad thing I have found so far it the location of the battery, which is buried deep in the left hand side of the engine bay. Will take some time to replace when that time comes. LED interior lighting is very nice and plentiful. Over all a good deal for what you get."

Never again

By on Monday, March 4, 2013

Pros: "Nice ride and roomy cargo area."

Cons: "Everything started to go at 45,000 miles"

"Liked the journey till the transfer case went out at 48,000 miles. Still waiting for the part. It been 6 weeks wrote to Chrysler and am on a waiting list. 6 to 8 weeks for a part. Tires were hard to find also and very expensive."

Price is great!!

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pros: "Great Price"

Cons: "Serious Blind spots"

"The price is great for what you get but this car has some serious blind spots. You have to be extra careful when getting over. Lots of storage space. Back seats are ajustable. Extra Floor storage for toys."

stay away

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Reason: everything

Pros: "Reasonable space. Great stereo & roof racks"

Cons: "too many problems - gas hog!"

"Bought a new 2009 sxt and it was fine for about 20,000 miles. We bought it mostly for the third row bench. In the next 60,000 miles here were the problems: -two completely new sets of brakes required. Needs new ones now. -transmission bumping/rough and likely to go out soon. -can't roll down front windows or use power mirrors. Wiring harness is bad. -compartment above rear view mirror would not stay shut even after being replaced. -horrible gas mileage. about 20 on the highway! -uncomfortable seats -coolant reservoir sprung a leak and fountained over the engine. -second row bench seats hard to fold down and maneuver. -occasionally the key doesn't work and engine won't start. -horrible and dangerous lack of space for proper vision through the windows. It is so hard to see other vehicles. The worst when backing up. -paint peeled badly off of both mirrors within 30K We took care of the car and performed regular maintenance."

Not worth the cost!

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Front seats are comfortable"

Cons: "Nonworking rear air"

"Bought the Journey Mainstreet in March of 2011. Felt it was not a bad car for the price at first. Did notice no inside release for the gas cap and once started driving others around realized the third seat is only good for little kids. There is no leg room and when the seats are up it is harder to see out of the rear mirror. The middle seats do not move correctly to allow for someone to get into the back so they must climb in. Right off started having problems with the rear air until it got to the point where it would not turn on at all. Dodge has supposedly fixed the problem but it keeps happening. It is hard to drive with the heat and no air getting to the kids in the back. The mpg is not close to what is stated for the V6. The car has lost so much value that I can not do anything with it."

very reliable

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"the only downside for me is that its hard to see when backing up or changing lanes."

did not live up to advertised expectations

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

Reason: hated this car, gas mileage below advertised

Pros: "cute, okay to drive"

Cons: "clostrophobic, lots o problems under 10,000 miles"

"In the 1st 90 days ownership, car was in the shop every other week, 3-4 days. Dealer did provide a loaner vehicle but 1st year of production there were lots of bugs to be worked out. Never did fix the vibration in the dash at speeds over 65 but I did't too often drive that fast so that was tolerable. Constantly had to have sensors replaced. Electronic sensor tire air valves disentegrated regularly and were very expensive to replace. Average gas mileage was 13-15 city 17 hwy, that was the worst part - advertised at 22 city, 25 hwy. Advertised kid-friendly seat fabric stained horribly even though we allowed no food/beverage in the car. 3rd seat only fits very small children and is very difficlut to access. Car cheaply made: handles, latches, visors broke easily. Not a good car for kids. Also killer blind spots in the rear view mirrors and when you turn to look - needed a passenger to check for vehicles when changing lanes!"

Great Package All Around

By on Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Great Design, Great Fuel Mileage"

Cons: "Placement of cup holders, U connect should be standard"

"I just traded in my 09 Ram cause I needed something more economical sice I drive a lot of miles every year. I must say I am very happy so far. Looked at a used 09 and 10 Journey. Must say was not impressed with the sluggish engine and cheap interior. Now the 2011 redesign is a completely different story. The interior in My Minstreet AWD feels like a luxury SUV. Heated seats, U connect, Remote start etc. All for under $27K. The gas mileage is superb. On the 75MPH Montana Speed limit, driving up and down the Mountain passes, never letting up on the accelerator I averaged 24.6 mpg. The second tank, combining HWY and CTY I am averaging just over 22mpg. My Ram was averaging just under 17mpg. Granted its and AWD and not a true 4WD, but I expect to get this through quite a bit of Montana snow. The interior design could not be better. I am 6'3" and fit in the front just fine with enough room for the little ones behind me. It is well laid out for its mid size design. The 3rd row is better suited for the small passengers or folded down. With the 3rd row flat the trunk space is spacious enough for 2 full size labs or a bunch of groceries. This is not a Suburban but at $4 gallon gas every bit counts. The new 2011 Journey is a hit with me. Driving it is a pleasure. Plenty of room. Well laid out interior design. A in my books. Good job Chrysler. Have always owned Dodges. From 1 ton Cummins Rams to their Caravan to now the Journey. Would recommend to anyone with small children, need for AWD and those who want great fuel mileage. Absolutely love this car so far."

great little car!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "nice ride"

Cons: "cup holders alittle low"

"I take this car to alot of football games and love the room with back seat down. Got the car loaded and I don't have the highway noise!"

Good road trip Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Pros: "It is a nice vehicle for the money."

Cons: "Transmission is due for an upgrade."

"It is a nice vehicle for the money - avoid the four cylinder engine and opt for the 3.6L V6. It offers a smoother and quieter ride. Vehicle is a bit heavier and lower to the ground than some other SUV/Crossovers in its class-we recently drove in high wind conditions and did not get knocked around like some lighter SUV/Crossovers."

Drive for business, do not want another one

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cons: "Brakes and repair cost."

"This 2009 car drives ok and is ok on comfort, mechanical issues are the problem. Front brakes, completely replaced at 55K, Front disc again at 85K, Front pads at 90K (one side wore more than other), front disc turned at 95K,disc replaced again at101.5K. Rear brakes complete replacement at 60K. Chrysler says there is no issue with brakes! In 30 years of business driving (interstate) I never had to replace front brakes under 100,000 miles."

Wonderful family hauler

By on Monday, August 29, 2016

Pros: "Very quiet, Great gas mileage, Very comfortable,"

Cons: "None for me."

"We just completed a 5600 mile journey from Oregon to Fairbanks Alaska. We drove every foot of the Alcan highway plus back roads through British Columbia. Our Journey is an SXT front wheel drive with the 3.6 V6. We averaged almost 29 MPG for the 5600 miles. We had two tanks over 30 MPG and the lowest tank was 27.8 MPG. It has very good passing power which makes it safe on the two lane roads. You can quickly with no drama get around all the trucks and motor homes you encounter on a trip like this. It was very comfortable as we drove long days and even after a ten hour day you are still comfortable. It is a very easy car to pack and will haul amazing amounts of stuff. No matter how twisty the road you can easily maintain the speed limit and there is no drama. You don’t feel like you are pushing it at all. It is a very quiet cruiser and makes a great car for long distance travel. In 61000 miles it has required no repairs except new front brake pads and rotors at 55000 miles. I have owned and driven many other SUV’s and on a long highway trip I prefer the Journey to all of them."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pros: "Appearance, comfort and accessories"

Cons: "Small 3rd row seating"

"I bought this car just over a year ago and it has about 18,000 miles on it. It is a Crossroad model - V6 6-speed tranny, pretty well loaded. I love this car. I drive it every day, to work, for leisure and on trips of 300-400 miles one way. It is very comfortable, has great features like sunroof, DC outlet in the center console, backup camera, GPS, etc. All work excellently. The V6 gives it great power for climbing hills in the mountains or passing on the road. The looks are very clean and stylish and the paint is holding up great -- very resistant to dents and scratches. The cruise control is very stable and the vehicle handles well. It is quiet and smooth, but you have to get used to the 6-speed automatic transmission - it spends a lot of time shifting up and down to keep the gas mileage up. The instrumentation is super. Digital and analog speed displays (switchable from MPH to KPH). Trip info and tire pressure readings for all four wheels are an added plus. Several innovative storage compartments under the floorboard and the passenger seat. Third row seating is cramped, but okay for the kids. Many customizable adjustments for running lights, rear climate control and other features make the SUV feel as though you designed it yourself. You can't go wrong with this vehicle - just don't skimp on the extras."

LOVE IT

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pros: "Good Price, Fun, Comfortable, Space, Inside design"

Cons: "Back gets dirty and rear wiper obstructs view."

"Bought this car in November 2011 and I love it. I have a Journey SE. Taken it on 2 long road trips and it is comfortable. The car came standard with a touch screen radio. I wish the passenger seat could move up and down like the driver seat and that there were a gas cap that would open from the inside. I bought a locking cap for the tank and we were 300 miles away from home and we needed gas and I forgot the key at home for the gas cap so we needed a locksmith to pick it open."

I'm sorry I bought this car

By on Friday, July 17, 2009

"I purchased this car about less than 6 months ago. I have been in the shop with it 4 out of the 6 months that I have had this Journey. I am so disappointed with this car and I would never reccommend this vehicle to anyone."

Great road car with lots of room

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Was great with all grand kids"

Cons: "Too big for us now"

"Great Car with road and comforble to drive on trips and quiet"

The best overlooked crossover on the Market...

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Affordability, Features, Keyless Entry,"

Cons: "4 cyl a little weak"

"Me and my wife purchased a 2013 Journey 4 cyl. about 3 weeks ago, and absolutely love it! We got it out of neccesity as we took in our 2 nephews and 1 niece, on top of our daughter, so we needed a vehicle with 3rd row seating. We don't want to spend a boat load of money, and we really didn't want to take a risk on something used. So after much research I found the Journey is the most affordable new SUV with 3rd row seating on the market. Dodge is definitely on the way up, and this vehicle doesn't disappoint with features of interior, even in a base model. It has touch screen interface, keyless entry and keyless engine start. Plenty of storage all things considered with the 3rd row."

Broke down in less than 6 months

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "Third row seating"

Cons: "Mechanical problems"

"We loved this car until it broke down just under 6 months of owning it. The starter burnt out and the oil pump went. The bottom half of the engine needs to be rebuilt because it was starved of oil. The dealership mechanic said it was a "freak accident." It has been in the repair shop for a week now. I will avoid the Dodge/Chrysler brand."

WIPER BLADE, ELECTRICAL, BRAKES AND BODY

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "RIDES GREAT AND HANDLES ROAD GOOD"

Cons: "NEVER SHOULD HAVE PURCHASED.WOULD NOT RECOMMEND."

"BAD WIPER BLADES. TWO RECALLS ON ELECTRICAL. BAD BRAKES. WATER LEAKING INSIDE OF VEHICLE AFTER RAIN OR CAR WASHES. STAINING SEAT COVER MATERIAL WITH ONLY WATER SPILLS. NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME OFF OF ASSEMBLY LINE AND SOLD TO THE PUBLIC. WORKING ON 11 REPAIR INCIDENTS ON SAID VEHICLE."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Great Value"

"This car is great for a family and driving kids around. With the third row seat it is very versatile. Good power and decent gas mileage."

I love this car!

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"I read all the reviews before I bought this car, and now that I own one, I want people to know that this is a great family car! I have read many complaints but every line of vehicles will produce lemons. I just replaced the Wireless Ignition module, at 48000 miles. Thats all. Every person that rides in my car always comments on what a smooth ride this is. ALSO, if you hold your unlock button down, the two front windows will roll down for you. That way on hot days, your not blasted with heat when you open the door. I would buy this car again, and like I stated before every line will produce bad cars, it happens. The newer the car, the more electrical problems you have a chance of having. The only bad thing, if the plastic key wears out its about 250 to get at a dealership. I also own the v6, SKT and it drives great. The person who rented the car and commented on the transmission issue, you need to turn off the traction control if your trying to start off going fast. There is more power that way. He really had no right commenting on a vehicle he doesn't even own, and obviously doesn't know how to operate!! Great car for a family and tremendous amount of leg room in the 3rd row. I test drove other 3rd row seating vehicles, and none of them had the kind of space this one has. I get about 24MPG (with the AC) on the highway and 18 in town. This car just makes sense for families who dont want a minivan but want the same amount of room."