2010 Dodge Journey

7.0

Based on 418 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Great car

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "AWD great in bad weather.Comfortable lots of power"

"Only problem has been bluetooth. Took 2 trys to get it fixed. Commute 130 miles a day now have 31000 miles on 2011. V6 engine,winter average mileage about 24. Summer average about 26. Lowest average milage for week driving was 21.2 Highest for week was 28.1. Great ride and handling love the nav and hands free. Been really great having to haul around grandkids."

Freedom and Independence again.

By on Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive."

"I'll start by saying, I came and utilized this site when I was thinking about trading in my old car (06 Cobalt, 2 dr) and getting a new one. I did much research here and had my ducks in a row when I set out to speak to the only salesperson I factually dealt with. This site gave me the ability to have facts of what my car was worth and what the worth was on a new purchase. Thank you so much. I got every dollar I asked for, for my old car. Put some money down and actually drove off in my new 2012 Journey with it being worth more than I owe. After I got the Journey home I ordered the manual and read all the information I was given on the vehicle. I chose the smaller motor as it is the same motor my old car had and I loved it for me and my needs. Broke in the vehicle as they suggested and got the oil changed at 400 miles as with any new motor, molds making metal parts. To ease my mind of any metal pieces that would be worked off of corner pieces or whatever. Then I loaded that baby down and my guy and I, with my 65lb service dog headed for Colorado. On the road I physically learned the Auto Stick and have realized since the trip of the situations in which the Auto Stick should be used and I love it. I love the Cruise Control. And perhaps I should back up a bit and mention the word Disability. In which I am Disabled with an issue that causes me great pain and with the Cruise Control. I can squirm and wiggle to new positions in the drivers seat when I need to. Absolutely love love love it. The reason I traded my old car was, it hurt me and this Journey doesn't. I used the CD and it seems that it's too sensitive as when we'd go over a bump it changed to the next song. No big deal. My other car did that when it was new and it sorted itself out and I'm hoping this one will too. But I'm not that big on playing CD's so it's not an issue. The drivers seat with the Lumbar control is absolutely awesome. When one setting is beginning to annoy me. I simply move it's position and I'm good. Love love love it. I love the "in the floor" compartments. I love the console compartment and the center compartment. I can have my GPS and other valuables with me and there not in view. I read all the reviews about the third row of seats and I'm not sure I'd agree with all the complaints. I'm not sure I'll ever need to use the third row of seats as with my Service Animal. With the third row down. I can have folks in the second row and he is belted to one of the brackets in the rear, so in between him and the second row. I can have luggage or whatever. Worked out fantastically as we brought my mother back with us and had plenty of room. Of course I did come back with more than I went with. While we were there we purchased a soft "large" Highlander case that straps to the luggage racks on top and it didn't seem to slow me down one bit. Two nights on the way back we simply slept at a rest area and headed out again at sunlight. We were so loaded we couldn't recline much but we were comfortable. Any one that has driven from the East to Western Colorado knows you have to go over the Great Divide. And we had no problems what so ever. I watched the temp gauge. Stable just under half way. So I learned that spot is the normal. Which was factually under 200 degrees. When it was chilly out. The needle dropped slightly. Going over the mountains. I was able to set the Cruise and go with the flow. If I needed to slow. I used the minus on that and decreased my speed. And the same with increasing speeds. When it was relevant to be in a lower gear, I used the Auto Stick. In which it would seem to me that 3rd and 4th actually have two gears each. Plainly apparent as I could hear the differences in the motor and see it in the tach. I didn't push it too hard and I ran under 3000 RPM going over the mountains. And when I was on the flat lands the RPM stayed just above 2000. So the difference between this Journey and my old Cobalt are minimal with regard to that. As I, last year. Made the same trip in the Cobalt. I got 29 miles to the gallon for most of the trip and with the air on, going over the mountains. Got an average of 26 mpg. I am so happy with this vehicle. But it's so new you say. How do you know you'll still love it in 5 years, you say. Simple. I'm good on vehicles and know nothing about any other vehicles but GM for a lifetime. And I have become a Dodge fan now. As for my needs now. This just may be the last vehicle I ever own. If it were going to have issues. Something would have happened. Cars have always seemed to talk to me and this one shows me I'm going to be ok. Personal opinion on maintenance. When we got back from Colorado. My mileage was slightly over 4000. The book says to have the oil changed at 6000. And that's bonkers. For a lifetime I have changed the oil in whatever, every 3000 miles or 3 months, depending on garage kept or not. And I just had the oil changed at a Dealership and they put on the sticker that I should be back for an oil change in 3000 miles. You have to have common sense on what you need a vehicle to do for you're lifestyle. And as with any large ticket item. You've got to respect it. In which this one I respect. Everyone had a great trip and we were very comfortable. The climate control. eg fan, air conditioner. The different vents on top and the separate controls work great. My guy in the front passenger seat could be cooler. And my mother in the second row could be warmer. And the dog had air on him too. There are 4 ceiling vents. Common sense would tell you. Close the one next to mom while mom has her's open. And I shut one of the vents off back where the dog was and kept the one over the dog open. On bi-level. The air ran more efficiently that way. And my mom could change her's if she choose to or I could control them all. I'm really happy I found this vehicle. It doesn't hurt me. And I actually drove it off the lot with it being worth more than I owe. I love the way it drives. I love everything about it. And as with most vehicles. Between the drivers side window and the windshield there is a blind spot. Requiring one to lean forward on left curves. The molded bump that helps the glove box light shut off when you shut the glove box, is not tall enough. But there's some little felt circle's back in the jack compartment that I've found that I stuck on that bump and now the light goes off. Those are the only negative's I've found. I'm really happy that we have Kelly Blue Book. As they help you have your ducks in a row. And that helps you approach the salesperson with the attitude they dish to you, usually. Beyond my expectations. Thank you !"

Don't Buy Dodge Journey

By on Saturday, February 12, 2011

"I'll start with the positives because there are a few, but not enough to warrant a recommendation to buy. It drives nicely, it has a cool entertainment system. It's cute and has lots of fun features. It is quiet and has get up and go. Roomy, however, 7 people do not fit comfortably despite seating for 7. Now for the bad news. The gas mileage blows and is no where near what is stated. I average 12-13 city. My sister's Tahoe gets better gas mileage. Brakes - there is a serious issue with the brakes on this vehicle. You can google it and find countless stories. I had to replace my pads and rotors at 9900 miles - yes, you read that right, less than 10k miles. Engine - I had to have the rocker assemblies replaced because they were worn. This was also done at 9900 miles. Seems a little early in the game for that kind of wear. I too hear the werid grinding noise when turning left, not sure what it is. Electrical - the power window on the passenger side never functioned properly. It stops mid-way when rolling up and you have to let go of the window controler and press it over and over to get the window full rolled up. The dash board lights turn off and back on when turning off the wiper blades. Normal according to my dealership. Interior - I have lovely piece of trim that keeps falling off. The dealership has ordered a new one. This is my first non GM vehicle and definitely my last. Very sad I bought it and very scared what repairs await me in the future. DON'T BUY!"

Can't stand this Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "nice looking"

Cons: "to many to mention."

"I have had nothing but problems since the Journey was 2 years old. Most problems are not covered by warranty and I will never own another Dodge. Rotors and Brakes replaced 3 times. Parts for this Vehicle are so expensive no matter what it is."

Worst Vehicle I Have Owned

By on Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"I bought my Journey in May 2008 and have had it in the shop several times since then. I had a horrible groaning noise when I turned the wheel in which the service man told me that, that is normal with new vehicles, WHAT!!! Then 5 months later I get a call that there has been a recall for something to do with the power steering. I have already had to have my brakes done and got another excuse and now I have to take it in for a recall involving the braking system, HMMM!! Now I am having other issues also and my vehicle is only 6 months old."

Incredible comfort

By on Friday, April 21, 2017

Pros: "comfort, reasonalbe price, so much room, 3rd row"

"This vehicle has incredible seats! Our trips to Colorado with our dogs have never been so great. Not only easy to sleep in them but also nice sitting for a long period of time... SO much space in the back for multiple people, even when all seats are filled (all 7) seems although there is still enough wiggle room for everyone. I have read reviews showing this car is unreliable, but some vehicles you pick and choose and sometimes you get a bad egg. Ours is 2012 with 56K and is has been great, has taken a few trips out of state and never had an issue. We give it the usual oil changes as necessary and rotate tires when needed. This is a vehicle I know we will keep for a long time. I can only imagine how much kid stuff we can stuff in the storage compartments on one of our car trips!"

Great family car

By on Thursday, December 1, 2016

"great car, very comfortable and secure. the engine is a little small for the weight of the vehicle when accelerating but have a great displacement in highway. average 19mpg"

SAFE GREAT VEHICLE

By on Sunday, November 13, 2016

Pros: "roomy, drives well, good gas mileage for size"

Cons: "this model did not have driver power or lumbar"

"My husband had a head on collision in our 2013 Journey and by the grace of God he walked away. It was totaled but I feel had he been in a smaller or different SUV things wouldn't have turned out so well. I went and got a new 2016 Journey because of this when I was able to replace."

2015 Journey R/T Fully Loaded and Underrated

By on Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Pros: "Value, Loaded with Features, Bluetooth integration"

Cons: "Stylisticly, not the "coolest" looking car."

"This sleeper car is very much underrated. The value you get when adding in top of the line options makes for a great deal. V6 power with tuned suspension on the R/T drives fantastic. Good gas mileage for a V6. Ice cold air in extended desert conditions. Roomy and clever storage everywhere. Comfortable heated leather seats, roomy rear seat, dual zone A/C, premium sound system with the best hands free Uconnect system I have ever used. iPod integration is excellent. Paid $27K new, nothing else in it's class was anywhere close with all the bells and whistles."

Very good car

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "great price, good service and safe"

"Bought this car in January 2010 and was in an accident three months later to the tune of over $13,000. to repair. Side air bags deployed and in my opinion saved my life but did break 3 ribs. The only expense I've had was to replace tires at 40.000. Still have original battery. It has been a great vehicle. Excellent vehicle for the price."