2010 Dodge Journey

7.0

Based on 413 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

BEST AFFORDABLE SUB FOR THE FAMILY!

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Pros: "Very Affordable, Safe, Power Everything, 3rd Row"

Cons: "Value Decreases Quickly"

"I just purchased the 2012 Dodge Journey AVP in September of 2016. I am so happy I chose this SUV! I have come to really enjoy Dodge and this car was just as reliable and affordable as I have come to expect from them. If your like me and simply cannot afford 30k for the Toyota Highlander or Ford Explorer - the Dodge Journey is perfect for you! My kids love the third row seating and it is functional as well as comfortable. The drivers seat is super comfy and the smooth ride makes me feel safe. There are so many little convenience features- driving the Journey is very rewarding! There are lights that illuminate the ground at night when your stepping out of the car, great for making sure you have good footing. The dash is a array of functional features including range according to what is in the gas tank and real time MPG. The fabric interior is soft but durable, the wear and tear from children does not scare the Journey one bit. The climate control is excellent for keeping everyone happy and comfortable. The walk up unlock feature is awesome if your carrying a baby and can't fumble with keys to unlock the doors - simply approach the car with keys and it welcomes you by unlocking. The exterior is sharp and modern - it is a cool looking car. Get basically all the space of a minivan without the bulky look. The rear seats fold down so you have plenty of room if you need to haul groceries or furniture. For being a large SUV the Journey is super easy to drive - and it is not hard to see where your going without a back up camera. Power doors, windows, moon-roof, heated mirrors, climate control, nice stock speakers, and touch screen radio make this car my new favorite in the Dodge line. If your like me and just can't waste 30 - 40 grand on a car but still want something functional and nice - don't wait any longer - get the Journey and you will not regret it!"

better than minivan

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

"i bought this car for my wife, and she loves it more with every passing day. its acceleration is fenaminal and it has a much better ride than our 2007 grand caravan. the only complaint i have is the center counsil where the raidio is, i'm 6'5" and my knee sterts to hurt after a long drive. other than that it is the best value for a cross over type car. we bought it for ten thousand less than the ford or g.m."

I LOVE THIS CAR!!

By on Monday, October 10, 2016

Pros: "User friendly, comfortable, awesome"

"I totally think this car is under-rated! Ours is brand new yes, but I read all the reviews and have talked to Journey owners and they love theirs as well. I was a little nervous because of the reviews, but when I talked to people (that I didn't even know!!), they told me the car didn't get a 'fair shake'. They are right! It is comfortable, drives smooth, rides smooth, and I can fit everything and everyone in it at the same time. The Bluetooth connection is great, the UConnect as well. It has great acceleration gets great gas mileage, is comfortable and I LOVE IT. Highly recommend!!"

A very comfortable multi purpose vehicle

By on Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pros: "a lot of car for the money"

Cons: "four cylinder is reliable but needs a little more"

"Love my Journey! Very comfortable multi purpose vehicle. Great for people moving or for hauling supplies & my multi media equipment. The only detractor is that my four cylinder four speed is a little sluggish. But not so much as to take away from the great value of this car. You get a lot of room, comfort and smooth road manners for not much money when compared with some others I considered."

This car is vastly under-rated

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

"I have owned this car for more than two years without any issues at all. The interior is well designed, and the 8.4" screen is very helpful. Several of my neighbors have bought Journeys as well due to this car. The stance and wheels are great as well."

Owned 2010 4yrs next month, bought a new crew

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "7 passanger, 6 cyl. lots of toys to play with."

"Our 2010 SXT was excellent. 7 passanger, 6 cyl. ran great. put 45K miles on it and traded it yesterday for a new 2013 journey crew, fully loaded. Plenty of room to take the grand kids on vacation. Rides better than the 3 previous Cadillacs we've owned. Would reccomend this to anyone looking for a great comfortable suv. Always get the 6 cyl. lots of power to spare. Lots of toys on the new one to make traveling fun."

I would replace

By on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"I have had my 2009 since June of 09 and I love it. The third row seats folds flat which gives me room that my previous mini van didn't for groceries. This is by far the best vehicle for the money I have owned that fits my family of 6. If I wrecked it today, I would have another one tomorrow. I don't regret my decision one bit."

What a LEMON

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "decent mpg, nice looking vehicle"

Cons: "bad brakes, misfiring cylinders, bad customer serv"

"BRAKE ISSUES and ENGINE PROBLEMS. Bought this vehicle brand new 19 months ago. It has been in the shop more than not. Chrysler’s not willing to back their product. After about a week of ownership received letter from Chrysler there was a known brake defect and they would warranty them with deductibles up to 36k miles vs 12k. At 7445 miles I had brake issues. Dealership fixed no charge. At 19653 had second brake job. At 24k more brake issue, rotor and pads replaced on front and back, $50 deductable. At 28000 miles 3rd brake job all 4 wheels, calibers hang up $100 deductable. I had the vehicle in 9x for brakes. Also engine misfire. Now there is a lifter noise. Contacted Chrysler asked for assistance. Asked to have replaced under LEMON LAW. They said wasn't a lemon, would not waive deductible for brakes. The moldings around the front doors have been replaced 3x and the overhead consol was also replaced 3x. Had a friend who bought the same vehicle one week after me. She traded hers off within the first sixt months due to the same engine problems I experienced. Reviewed various websites and found SEVERAL reviews with the same issues. Chrysler delivered a very bad product with the 2010 Journey. NOT HAPPY LOOSING MONEY, between the down payment and current trade in value, I am loosing $6000 but to put new brakes on every 7 to 13000, I will go broke. Saying good bye to Chrysler and hello to GM."

Love it!

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Lots of car for the money, very comfortable seats!"

Cons: "Some of the plastic in the interior feels cheap."

"I love everything about this vehicle, it's so much car for the money! I most enjoy the way it drives, very smooth gear shifting, you don't even feel it. For such a large vehicle i'm pleased with the gas mileage, we get about 19mpg around town with all the stop and go. Also the seats are extremely comfortable, great for long trips! We are truly loving this vehicle and plan to keep it for a very long time!"

Love It!

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"I bought my Journey a year ago and love it. We live in the country and were unable to get out of our driveway in the past when we got snow unless it was plowed. This past year my AWD Journey made it right out. I am extremely happy with the vehicle, I use synthetic oil in it and get 20 mpg city and 23.5 highway. I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is the interior lights. I have UConnect and as a result halogen lights are required and they do not illuminate the vehicle very well. Also there are floor lights that I find to be very annoying when driving at night. (I am unable to shut these off unless I want the dash to be dimmed.)"