2010 Dodge Journey

7.0

Based on 410 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "room and many little storage areas inside"

Cons: "the very back does not have the room of a mini van"

"I think that this is a great car, a great buy and it gives you a lot of room if you have a big family without looking like you are in a minivan. It has many extra feature to hide things and even in the back you really don't feel cramped. I was pleasantly surprised. I was all set to purchase a Toyota Highlander and the Dodge Journey won me over and was much cheaper."

not worth the money spent

By on Friday, September 2, 2016

"we have had nothing but issues with our journey. the radio has been replace it was changing stations by itself. the passenger door actuator went out and you had to climb through the car to let the passenger inside. they missed a spot on the roof of the car when they were painting and you can see clear coat right over the primer. the car is two years old and now the hood of the has bubbles starting under the paint. we liked the car for the third row. the third row is very deceiving on the size. a small child is cramped in the third row seat."

Love It!

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"I bought my Journey a year ago and love it. We live in the country and were unable to get out of our driveway in the past when we got snow unless it was plowed. This past year my AWD Journey made it right out. I am extremely happy with the vehicle, I use synthetic oil in it and get 20 mpg city and 23.5 highway. I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is the interior lights. I have UConnect and as a result halogen lights are required and they do not illuminate the vehicle very well. Also there are floor lights that I find to be very annoying when driving at night. (I am unable to shut these off unless I want the dash to be dimmed.)"

Not my best decision.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2016

Pros: "comfortable, roomy, 3rd row, lots of space."

Cons: "needs brakes often, not reliable or dependable."

"I bought it when I started putting money into my Toyota Highlander at 250,000 miles and traded it, 3 years ago. I should have kept it. It ran better at that high mileage than this one. When I first bought it I had the problem of the car shutting off, the ignition was replaced, then a year later I replaced the transmission (thank God I got the extended warranty). The brakes go in this car every 3 months. (Again very thankful I have a reasonable mechanic) The brakes are not made big enough for the size of this vehicle. It drives nice and it's very roomy and comfortable. This year it wouldn't start, I replaced the starter, the relay and a few fuses but it can still do it from time to time. It's just not reliable. Hoping to trade it soon and go into a more reliable vehicle. I personally would not spend the money on this model or year. Although I know people who have the AWD and love it. I have the FWD."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Great Value"

"This car is great for a family and driving kids around. With the third row seat it is very versatile. Good power and decent gas mileage."

Excellant vehicle ever

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Good on gas mileage drives nice. my husband and i were looking around last year (2008) for a new vehicle test drove Chevy Equinox and the Buick Enclave cept on coming back to the Dodge Journey. We bought the R/T with evertyihng in it my husband and I love it."

By on Thursday, March 4, 2010

"This car is an absolute joy to drive. The power of the 3.5L engine is wonderful! The car is comfy to sit in. Better interior would be appreciated, but looking at all the competitors everyone uses too much hard plastic. Great ground clearance. Only went to a dealer to have the oil changed, everything else is solid and well built."

never again!

By on Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"i bought this 4 cyl for my job (delivery) for "good gas mileage" boy did i pick the wrong car! my 2001 grand cherokee awd v8 gets the same mileage. not to mention the fact that it takes 20 min to get to 60mph with the air on. im a mopar girl all the way...and will continue to be when i trade this PIECE in ASAP"

Not happy

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The most troublesome factor is the upholstery fabric, have already had front and back replaced. Even water leaves stains even after Scotchgard. Labeling over key slot is coming off. The soda can cooler is a joke, I had 2 cans of pop explode in there. I miss a digital compass and keyless entry remote. We have had lots of Dodges, but I will not purchase a Journey again."

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."