2010 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 421 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

By on Thursday, March 4, 2010

"This car is an absolute joy to drive. The power of the 3.5L engine is wonderful! The car is comfy to sit in. Better interior would be appreciated, but looking at all the competitors everyone uses too much hard plastic. Great ground clearance. Only went to a dealer to have the oil changed, everything else is solid and well built."

Not happy

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The most troublesome factor is the upholstery fabric, have already had front and back replaced. Even water leaves stains even after Scotchgard. Labeling over key slot is coming off. The soda can cooler is a joke, I had 2 cans of pop explode in there. I miss a digital compass and keyless entry remote. We have had lots of Dodges, but I will not purchase a Journey again."

Best Bang for the Buck SUV.

By on Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Pros: "Good Styling while being utilitarian"

Cons: "Not able to use E-85"

"This is the American Value Package, so if your expecting a luxury ride and feel you will be disappointed. It is however, reliable, roomy with decent handling and ride. Generally speaking it is a real workhorse. Rear seats fold down flat while other manufacturers seats do not. Rear AC/Heat helps stabilize the interiors temp. These features have been a real plus. We have been able to easily travel between Michigan, New Jersey and Florida while fully loaded. The 2.4 liter engine gets the job done. If you wish to cruise at 85 mph, especially in the mountains, the larger V6 engine should be considered. I have been satisfied with the 2.4 L. Lets face it, an additional 100 hp from the optional V6 will produce a larger giggle factor for most drivers. To quote Tim Allen Who doesnt like more horsepower? At the end of the day, the 2.4 will get you there for a lot less money than the V6."

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."

Very Nice Value

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Price, features, build quality, 3rd row"

Cons: "exterior look - more Caravan than Durango"

"The Dodge Journey is the best value in it's category. I shopped around, and the amount of features for the $$ was unbeatable with the Journey. The V6 is a phenomenal engine with great power coupled with a smooth 6 speed trans. We don't use the 3rd row often, but it is a fantastic option to have available. I was never a Dodge fan, but I have been impressed with the quality and feel of the Journey. This may seem insignificant, but I like it when i close my car door and the vehicle feels solid. We have had no reliability issues just at 1 year of owennership! I have recommended this vehicle to my friends and family and look forward to purchasing a Durango in the near future."