2009 Dodge Journey

7.0

Based on 410 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

By on Sunday, May 22, 2011

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"we don't get near the projected gas mileage......13 in city.....19 on highway....wow...my 10 year old car got better gas mileage....."

Tank on Wheels

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

"This vehicle has been a disappointment from the first trip. The gas mileage was rated much higher than reality. We averaged 16 MPG hwy/city driving after two years of ownership. Also, after 22K miles, we needed to replace the brakes. The dealership explained to us that it is a heavy vehicle for the type of brakes used in manufacturing, but that the company had to try to make weight cuts in order to increase gas mileage. Sluggish accelleration due to weight. Comfort for the front passengers, but not a good road trip vehicle for rear passengers. The vehicle looks appealing, but that is about the only positive quality we can mention."

By on Saturday, August 28, 2010

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"i have owned this car since may of 2008, well i bought the car in may of 2008, the vehicle had to go in the day after we bought it for the dvd system to put in...which no one knew how to install at the dealership...needless to say it took 2 wks for it to get out for that..we had it back for 3 days, then the airbag light came on...back to the shop we go..we didnt get this car back until after july 4th 2008. The dealership we bought it at was and still is horrible. the car when you make a turn makes this horrible sound, which we were told was normal...after you are driving it for a while it smokes (the dealership says this is break dust...doubtful) when you turn the windshield wipers off the light dim (dealership told me this isnt happening...um hello..i am driving the vehicle...after you shut off the wipers the interior lights go off then back on) the whol electrical system is shot...the MY GIG is a joke...half of the things dont work and we have had 4 different radios installed..would never recommend this car to an enemy..tried to put in a lemon law...doesnt qualify...YET..well the seats are comfortable though..hopefully i wont loose too much on a trade in.."

second best car ever owned no problems

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

"only change I would make is to eliminate the roundness of the front bucket seats. feels like you slide over a lip every time you enter/exit the vehicle"

Headed For Trade-in

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, good pickup on freeway"

Cons: "Lack of leg room 3rd row"

"Gas mileage 22mpg and that's mostly city driving. Third row seating not comfortable for teenagers. Not enough leg room. Trouble with radio volume blasting on it's own even when at zero."

not good

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

I own this car
Reason: 23 times in shop - My approximate mileage is 31,000

"would not recomend this car to any one"

compact suv.nice riding car.

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"needs more power than 4 cylinder on big car. hesitates up hill.manuver well."

get for travel, seats 6 comfortably

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

"get for all weather. traction in snow even though not a 4wheel drive."

Best vehicle I have ever had!!!

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "price, reliability"

"Never any problems, great with kids, comfortable, realiable, affordable!!!"

Good Car for the price

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"For what we paid for it, it worked well. It was hard to access the third-row seating with carseats on the second row, and the third row didn't have much foot room. With the third row up, there wasn't much cargo room. Otherwise, we love the vehicle and the extras that came with it."

You get what you pay for

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "affordable, roomy in front, lots of storage places"

Cons: "cheep"

"I wanted an affordable car with a 3rd row seat and that's what I got however the 3rd row seat is never used because no one will fit. There is the loud sound when you turn the wheel and the dealership says it is a mud flap issue???? I know it isn't. There is something wrong. I wish I would have waited for a 2010 or 2011 when the defects were worked out. I have had it for over 3 years now and it has always been dependable but I'm ready to trade it in for something that doesn't make me so nervous to turn the wheel."

Worst vehicle I've ever owned!!!

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "it has 4 wheels"

Cons: "this car is one big CON!"

"No joke....this is by far the worst vehicle I've ever owned. If I could have rated it 0 in the ratings section I would have. I have a 2009 Dodge Journey, I bought it in Dec 09 as a used vehicle....6 months later I had to completely replace the engine. Because it was 2000 miles over the warranty (I had 38000 miles on it at the time), I had to pay the whole thing out of pocket. The brakes are in constant need of replacing. In the summer, if it gets too hot, the air conditioning stops working. If it gets too cold, the heat stops. When it rains, the car will stall and it sounds like it doesn't want to shift into gear. I traded my old car for this to have something more reliable, big mistake!!! I'm stuck with it for another 3 years, as soon as its paid off though...its gone!"

So far I love to hate my Journey...

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Excellent price for a 7-seater, decent hwy mileage"

Cons: "Tire sensor issue, brake issue, suv town mileage"

"I have been the proud owner for about 6 months, and find it a lot more comfortable to drive than my Dodge Durango (1999). Down side is the dashboard is waaaaay too deep and it's difficult to get an accurate idea exactly where the front end of the vehicle is."

GAS GUZZLER OF A 4 CYL.

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Handles great very responsive, decent price,"

Cons: "Gas mileage is poor, interior is small"

"I bought this car for my wife who transports small children and does the typical running around with the kids in tow. We gave up an Impala getting 17mpg city for the Journey that was rated at 19. We are currently getting 13.8mpg city and 20.5 highway. A far cry less than the advertised mileage. The handling and styling are nice, the interior is too small to accommodate the infant car seats and toddler seat comfortably but it can be done. The larger toddler is crammed against the drivers seat for the infant seats to fit in the third row. There is no ease or convenience in the interior of this car for small children."

Worst Vehicle ever

By on Friday, March 11, 2011

"Our spent the first month of ownership at the dealership. The dealership tried to deny our rental car coverage when we had purchased the extended warranty. It requires new brakes every 10k miles. My Chevy truck requires new brakes every 150K. It makes noises and rattles all the time. Would never buy another."

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not a smart buy

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"The Dodge Journey is stylish, roomy (unless you use the third row of seats), has a great sound system and the 30gig hard drive is great. The bad side: The hood release latch is situated too closely to the Parking brake release. So if you're not careful, the hood opens when releasing the brake. The cruise controls revs up to about 5000 RPM going downhill when it's trying to slow the vehicle. That's frightening. There's a terrible blind spot on the passenger side. Tires wear much too quickly. My 2010 has 11,500 miles and tires are at about 50%. Gas mileage is awful. I have a feeling the resale or trade-in value is not good. I won't buy another Dodge if I ever get rid of this one."

Good family car

By on Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"I have owned my Journey now since October, and I must say that you can't ask for a better family crossover. I don't have a complaint yet on the vehichle. I rated the styling a three, because I think Dodge could've came up with a better dash to make it more appealing. As far as comfort goes, my son's carseat fits perfectly in the back and there is still plently of room for me and my husband and all of our stuff. Very comfortable taking road trips with, and good on gas for a SUV. Would def reccommend this car to other people! A very satisfied customer."

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Too Cheap for the price

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"Went from a Durango to the Journey. Have not noticed much difference in fuel economy. Power is non existent and ride is EXTREMELY uncomfortable."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"by far the most satisfactory vehicle I've ever owned"

By on Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Avoid the 4 cyl modle!!! not enough power to move the vehicle with any haste. Needs a extra gear or 2 for use of a 4 cyl engine. interior is odd looking and much too much of cheap plastic. The vehicle should get better mileage than it does, but with only a 4 speed trans..25 on the highway is ok. If not for the cheap lease price, I would avoid it. There are far more superior vehicles out there...especially if your going to buy."