2009 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 421 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

By on Thursday, March 4, 2010

"This car is an absolute joy to drive. The power of the 3.5L engine is wonderful! The car is comfy to sit in. Better interior would be appreciated, but looking at all the competitors everyone uses too much hard plastic. Great ground clearance. Only went to a dealer to have the oil changed, everything else is solid and well built."

Not happy

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The most troublesome factor is the upholstery fabric, have already had front and back replaced. Even water leaves stains even after Scotchgard. Labeling over key slot is coming off. The soda can cooler is a joke, I had 2 cans of pop explode in there. I miss a digital compass and keyless entry remote. We have had lots of Dodges, but I will not purchase a Journey again."

Best Bang for the Buck SUV.

By on Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Pros: "Good Styling while being utilitarian"

Cons: "Not able to use E-85"

"This is the American Value Package, so if your expecting a luxury ride and feel you will be disappointed. It is however, reliable, roomy with decent handling and ride. Generally speaking it is a real workhorse. Rear seats fold down flat while other manufacturers seats do not. Rear AC/Heat helps stabilize the interiors temp. These features have been a real plus. We have been able to easily travel between Michigan, New Jersey and Florida while fully loaded. The 2.4 liter engine gets the job done. If you wish to cruise at 85 mph, especially in the mountains, the larger V6 engine should be considered. I have been satisfied with the 2.4 L. Lets face it, an additional 100 hp from the optional V6 will produce a larger giggle factor for most drivers. To quote Tim Allen Who doesnt like more horsepower? At the end of the day, the 2.4 will get you there for a lot less money than the V6."

So far Im Glad I bought this SUV!

By on Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Pros: "Very comfortable ride on long trrips."

Cons: "No handle over door or on the front window pillar"

"I finally traded in my Dodge Caravan for an SUV. After raising 10 kids and always owning a van or a mini-van I finally decided to down-size and step down to the Dodge Journey. I wanted something smaller than a van but I still wanted a vehicle with the 3rd row, so if the grandkids are visiting I still have enough room to bring everyone in one car instead of taking two! Make sure you get the 6-way power drivers seat with the 4-way power lumbar option. My wife and I both have had back surgery and the power seat was one feature that sold us on this vehicle, it will fit you like a glove and give you the support you need on long drives. We own one house in southern California and one in Arizona. The commute is 240 miles each way so we needed something that was comfortable enough to make the 4 hour drive without wiping us out The hwy mileage is pretty good at about 25 MPG if you use the cruise control and just set-it and forget-it. The 4-cylendar is a little weak when passing Big-Rigs on an uphill grade, but you just have to make sure you have enough room to get past before you go! The only thing I do wish this SUV had is hand-Grips above the doors so it would be a lot easier to get in and out since it does sit up quite high with the 17 tires and with a broken back it would help my wife get in especially on the passenger side. So far we are very happy with our new Dodge Journey!"

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."