2009 Dodge Journey

7.0

Based on 412 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nice 7 passenger AWD cruiser

By on Monday, August 2, 2010

"I rented this vehicle for a month and found it to be one of the smoothest riding vehicles I've ever driven, but it was almost brand new. Now for the negatives: The interior parts are on the cheap side, but my biggest complaints is with the transmission. On hard acceleration from a stop, it seemed to take off in 2nd or 3rd gear with very poor perforance for a V6. On going into passing gear, it didn't seem like it could pick the right gear. And finally, when in cruise control and going down a hill it will downshift to try to keep the speed at the setpoint, with result being the engine is screaming at 5000 rpms and then after the hill, it won't upshift back to a cruise rpms. Manual intervention is required. This feature in slippery conditions would be like piling on the brakes. To be honest, I didn't check to see if there was some way to override the downshifting while in cruise control. Mileage started off at about 16 mpg, but once above 4000 miles it started improving to an average of 19 mpg."

Journey I should'nt have took

By on Monday, May 10, 2010

"I have had this car since 04/08 and since then I have changed the brakes 3 times, had to order special tires because no one carries the ones that came with it. Also recently car will not start...try finding the battery. Dodge charges me $118 to diagnose the problem. Nice luxurious ride but not liable. Not recommended...."

By on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big on Room, Not on Power

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I love my Dodge Journey. You can't beat the roominess or size. My husband and I are both Plus size people and we fit very comfortably. We test drove other LARGE SUV's and none compared to the room in the front for the driver. I purchased the SE and it lacks some serious power. It doesn't have any "get up and go" if you know what I mean. Would def. pay more for the 6cyl. now that I have been driving the 4cyl. The fabric on the seats are cheap and it is very hard, nearly impossible, to get stains out. We have tried everything, and nothing has really worked for us. Would I buy another Dodge Journey...for sure! Only I would go for the more $$$$$ 6 cyl with more options."