2009 Dodge Journey

7.0

Based on 414 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Not happy

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The most troublesome factor is the upholstery fabric, have already had front and back replaced. Even water leaves stains even after Scotchgard. Labeling over key slot is coming off. The soda can cooler is a joke, I had 2 cans of pop explode in there. I miss a digital compass and keyless entry remote. We have had lots of Dodges, but I will not purchase a Journey again."

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."

not worth the money spent

By on Friday, September 2, 2016

"we have had nothing but issues with our journey. the radio has been replace it was changing stations by itself. the passenger door actuator went out and you had to climb through the car to let the passenger inside. they missed a spot on the roof of the car when they were painting and you can see clear coat right over the primer. the car is two years old and now the hood of the has bubbles starting under the paint. we liked the car for the third row. the third row is very deceiving on the size. a small child is cramped in the third row seat."

Best crossover ever

By on Monday, December 7, 2009

"This is the best crossover I've ever driven. We use to have a Caliber and loved it as well, but as our family grew we needed something larger and the Dodge Journey is perfect. Great handling (specially in the snowy hills of Eastern Iowa). Good gas mileage (averaged 26 mpg on two separate 2000+ mile trips). Would recommend the SXT or R/T over the SE as the larger engine comes in handy in hilly conditions."

Very Nice Value

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Price, features, build quality, 3rd row"

Cons: "exterior look - more Caravan than Durango"

"The Dodge Journey is the best value in it's category. I shopped around, and the amount of features for the $$ was unbeatable with the Journey. The V6 is a phenomenal engine with great power coupled with a smooth 6 speed trans. We don't use the 3rd row often, but it is a fantastic option to have available. I was never a Dodge fan, but I have been impressed with the quality and feel of the Journey. This may seem insignificant, but I like it when i close my car door and the vehicle feels solid. We have had no reliability issues just at 1 year of owennership! I have recommended this vehicle to my friends and family and look forward to purchasing a Durango in the near future."