2003 Dodge Intrepid

7.3

Based on 821 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

get ready for it

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"i loved my car til sunday. i have the 2.7l 1999 intrepid and had no problems until now. the major problems with it are that the water pump is inside the timing cover and when it starts to leak, you guessed it, water in the oil. i got 140000 miles out of it and only paid 6800 for it in 02 so it was a good buy, but it isnt worth fixing. the other problem is the sludge build up. if the oil light starts to flicker, get it checked asap."

a very solid vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage(for heavy car),build quality,looks"

Cons: "reliability for 2.7, hydroplanes on wet highway"

"My mother bought the car used with 60,000 miles in 2006 and drove it 80 miles round trip for 5 years and she loved it until the day they gave it to me. Yes we've had to replace the transmission twice now but it still is a very lovely driver. I am out of high school and I have worked the same distance my mother has driven it and it performed flawlessly. I love to go around curves because it squats right down and its quite enjoyable. Everyone who has ever ridden in the car loves the ride because it is so comfortable! I love my car and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I do recommend this car for a particular group! but I would get the 3.2 or 3.5! I have the 2.7 and it's not a strong performer, yeah it gets good gas mileage for a big whale, but its got plenty of weak points. I have to fight my mom off from the intrepid because she still loves it. She drives an 08 avenger and she hates it compared to the intrepid! what does that tell you? it stinks that they had to discontinue it, it was really a good car! good thing I got the last year for them!"

Whats the Problem?

By on Thursday, January 3, 2008

"I have an 2004 2.7 liter Intrepid and After I bought it used 3 yrs ago I Heard about the oil sludge "Problems". I switched to FULL SYTHENTHIC OIL and I go 5,000 miles between oil changes. Car has 85,000 miles on it and I am finally replaceing the orginal tires. I have replaced the front brakes and rotors but the rear brakes are the originals and are fine. The Timing sensor in these cars have had many fixes on them and I had to replace it, Easy fix and part was $50. I replaced the front right wheel bearing another easy fix, that was $100. I took out all the Factory air intake plastic and replaced it with an K&N air intake and it really increased my horsepower and power at the wheels while also giving me an extra 2-3 mpg more on the hwy!!I do love this car except that it sits to low to the ground. There is and OIL SENDING unit on this car that starts to go out and the oil light goes on and off, I have had to replace it 3 times. I finally found an after market one that was cheaper then the stock one and is holding up better. PAIN IN THE BUTT TO GET TO IT !! I Bougt part and paid a garage to put it on."

Great cars

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"I currently own 4 of these in my family 2002,3 and 4 with the 2.7 engine. All have between 125 and 155K miles and they are running strong. Just be sure to keep clean oil every 3K and let them roll. Fast, great handling, 25-30 MPG very reliable."

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Driven

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"Within the first 6 months, I put over 7,000 miles on it without any problems and all I need to do is keep up the regular maintenance on it such as oil changes, tune-ups, change tires, etc. It is a very good car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Intrepid near Honolulu. See local deals