2003 Dodge Intrepid

7.3

Based on 822 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Good investment

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2016

"Bought this car 6 years ago as my first car with a little over 100k. My only real complaint with this car is the emissions system that plagued my check engine light for a few years, its to the point I ignore it now. Also the power window guy on my drivers side has gone out twice. But, I bought this car for 3k and have invested about 3k in repairs over the years I think it was a pretty good investment. Now itching to get a replacement"

Good vehicle for the price

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "Trunk space and passenger cabin large."

Cons: "Could use more cupholders"

"This is the second Intrepid I've owned and I like it almost as much as my first. The only reason I rate it a little lower than my first is motor size. My '97 Intrepid had a 3.5L V-6 whereas the '03 Intrepid has a 2.7L, not quite the power I was used to. However, the car is a good value for the money. Purchased new, I had mine 9 years and put over 158,000 miles on it before I decided to upgrade to a 2011 Charger. The '03 Intrepid has always taken me where I needed to go and only recently required repair. But after 9 years you'd expect to have to replace some sensors, battery, etc. I also think the gas mileage is great. 26-27mpg local and an average of 30mpg highway exceeds mpg estimated for a new car and I'm still getting better at 9 years. On top of reliability, it just looks good. I added tinted windows and a rear spoiler to complete to aesthetics."

2000 Intrepid 2.7 Engine

By on Thursday, May 20, 2010

"I am still the proud original owner of my 2000 Dodge Intrepid. She has over 120,000 miles today, and still rolling along smoothly. I have heard the info re: the oil pan build up in the 2.7 models. I have always changed my oil at 3,000 miles (especially after hearing about the problems). Had I known this I would have paid more and got the larger engine, but hind sight being 20/20, it's too late to go back now! While still concerned about my engine ceasing up at any moment, she just keeps running and I keep driving. I will say that to my amazement I still have the original battery! True! And still the original exhaust! I've replaced these two items many times on previous cars that didn't have anywhere near this mileage or age on them. About the only thing I've had to replace prematurely is a couple of front end bearings (twice) and the window motors are sluggish. other than that, I couldn't be more happy. I would definitely buy another one because they are so roomy and comfy, but sadly they don't make them anymore."

Best ever owned

By on Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Bought the 2000 9 yrs ago and it now has 10600 miles on it. This is the only car I've ever kept for more than 3 yrs, just could never part with this one. It is excellent in snow as it is heavy with a wide wheel base, very comfortable car, only issues are now with the rust. The only major service has been in the last couple of years. I've replaced all the brake lines due to rust and (my choice) the belts and hoses and serviced the AC to the tune of $3500 as I plan to keep until it dies as the new cars can't compare to this one. It even has the original battery in it and never a cold start issue."

I'd buy another one if I could.

By on Saturday, May 9, 2009

"I bought this '04 model in Feb '04 as a "program car" which everyone know is a short-term lease return or a former "rental car". Only 6 mos old with 29,000 miles on it, so I bought the extended warranty which I never needed. I only paid $11k for a current model year car in "new" condition. It now has almost 110,000 miles on the much-maligned 2.7 liter engine. Had those who have been bad-mouthing this particular car/engine combination properly maintained their cars, they wouldn't have had those problems. Change the timimg belts as recommended, keep the oil and filter changed using QUALITY (SYNTHETIC)oil and minimize your problems. Our Intrepid has consistently returned 22-24 mpg city and 29+ mpg highway...even with 4 adults and a trunck full of coolers and race day goodies traveling at 75 or more with the cruise set and the AC running. I've considered trading for a Charger or 300, but don't expect either to get this kind of fuel economy and know going in that the insurance premiums will be higher. Combine that with the fact that the Intrepid is worth diddly for trade in and I'll just drive it till the wheels fall off. BTW...95% of the miles on this car have been in town, not on the road. just superb service!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Intrepid near Honolulu. See local deals